Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship - Flawless Mafia win!  (Read 43515 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship (Full)
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 06:28:19 pm »

No but seriously, doesn't get much better. Insomniac, I promise not to suspect you in this game.
ooooh, sweet justice!  The two people who accused me of being a terrible IC last game are the ICs here?  I can't wait until you guys start posting reads  ;)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship (D1 Start) - PM for Spec
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 06:30:54 pm »

I'm off for now, might check in in a couple of hours.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:32 pm »

Something I didn't realize the first time around. With 5 to lynch, assuming no bussing, it takes ALL town-aligned players agreeing for a scum lynch to happen today, which sounds awfully hard. I suspect scum learned their lesson from last game and won't help us taking each other down like that this time around.

As I was corrected in zm4 - plurality lynch doesnt require all of us
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:44 pm »

In honor of Frisk:

"Shraeye has won too many games recently. We should lynch him and that way whatever team he's on will lose. Plus, you know, when I'm scum he's town and vice versa, so that makes him an ISC - innocent scum child - Vote: Shraeye"

Somebody needs to RVS, right?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 06:37:59 pm »

Oh, you guys are talking lynch theory already? Guess I missed RVS too. Sorry Frisk. Unvote

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »

No but seriously, doesn't get much better. Insomniac, I promise not to suspect you in this game.
ooooh, sweet justice!  The two people who accused me of being a terrible IC last game are the ICs here?  I can't wait until you guys start posting reads  ;)

Based on recent events - I am sleeping insomniac!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:56 pm »

I only accused you of being terrible in public. Not in private. Isn't it what's on the inside that counts? Or is image everything.... I forgot.

Mafia Record:

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 06:43:44 pm »

To clarify, RVS votes will not count toward the unique vote count.  For vote count purposes, RVS ends at Votecount 1.1.  However, if you want to make a serious vote before that happens, just be clear about it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 06:44:45 pm »

I am not sleeping, Insomniac.  Otherwise I wouldn't be able to write this post.  Also, I unfortunately can only get a little drunk tonight, but I'll make an effort just for ashersky.  Tomorrow should be much much better.  You probably should keep me alive until then just so I can PUI (post under influence).

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 06:46:05 pm »

Why are people sleeping me instead of sheeping :S
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2012, 06:48:54 pm »

I device auto correct.  Apparently sheep is not a verb?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2012, 06:49:19 pm »

I dunno but they should sheep you and not me. My reads make people dead that shouldn't be, and let's live those who need to die.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:12 pm »

Ok, so one new player - archetype - how closely did you follow the last game?  Are you up to speed on setup?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2012, 06:51:11 pm »

I dunno but they should sheep you and not me. My reads make people dead that shouldn't be, and let's live those who need to die.

In RMM3 you were good till the last vote.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 06:54:17 pm »

In honor of Frisk:

"Shraeye has won too many games recently. We should lynch him and that way whatever team he's on will lose. Plus, you know, when I'm scum he's town and vice versa, so that makes him an ISC - innocent scum child - Vote: Shraeye"

But I was on your side for RMM3, and we made a great team.  So here's to another great win for Frisk/shraeye!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 06:56:21 pm »

Ok, so one new player - archetype - how closely did you follow the last game?  Are you up to speed on setup?
I read the last bit: just about when the Robz wagon was forming up until the end. I think I understand the setup well enough, but just to make sure:

There is no night, right?
Mafia will get a revenge kill when they die
Mafia can talk during the day
Only 2 Mafia members needed dead for Town to win

I still don't quite understand the unique vote system, can a player (or, better yet, ashersky) explain it for me?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 06:56:32 pm »

In honor of Frisk:

But I was on your side for RMM3, and we made a great team.  So here's to another great win for Frisk/shraeye!
And Eevee?  :(

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 06:58:51 pm »

In honor of Frisk:

Eevee isn't part of their scum team this game. But you can win with us town today. We'll take fuzzy.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:01 pm »

I'm glad.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:39 pm »

I read the last bit: just about when the Robz wagon was forming up until the end. I think I understand the setup well enough, but just to make sure:

I still don't quite understand the unique vote system, can a player (or, better yet, ashersky) explain it for me?
The vengekill only comes after the first mafia kill, but then again, we win after the second mafia lynch.

The unique vote system is used to break ties.  If, at the deadline, two players are tied with the highest number of votes, the mods will look back at the entirety of the day, and see who has been voted for the most.  But one player can't game this system by voting for one player repeatedly.  Thus, they see who has been voted for by the highest number of unique players throughout the entirety of the day.

If that is tied, I'm not sure what asher will do, he has suggested extending the deadline or flipping a coin.

I also don't know if the unique votes get cleared at each lynch.  So if I vote for Archetype on day 1, and you aren't lynched, but you are tied at the end of day 2 (and I never voted for you on day 2), does my day1-vote count as a unique vote?  Asher will have to clarify this.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2012, 07:03:09 pm »

In honor of Frisk:

Hey man, i'm busy trying to buddy up to one of the ICs, and you just HAAAAD to ruin the moment, didn't you?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 07:06:47 pm »

In honor of Frisk:

Hey man, i'm busy trying to buddy up to one of the ICs, and you just HAAAAD to ruin the moment, didn't you?

At least you admit to the buddification.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 07:07:59 pm »

The vengekill only comes after the first mafia kill, but then again, we win after the second mafia lynch.

The unique vote system is used to break ties.  If, at the deadline, two players are tied with the highest number of votes, the mods will look back at the entirety of the day, and see who has been voted for the most.  But one player can't game this system by voting for one player repeatedly.  Thus, they see who has been voted for by the highest number of unique players throughout the entirety of the day.

If that is tied, I'm not sure what asher will do, he has suggested extending the deadline or flipping a coin.

I also don't know if the unique votes get cleared at each lynch.  So if I vote for Archetype on day 1, and you aren't lynched, but you are tied at the end of day 2 (and I never voted for you on day 2), does my day1-vote count as a unique vote?  Asher will have to clarify this.
Thanks! Unique votes don't matter unless there is a tie, got it!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:13 pm »

Mods will keep track of "unique votes" on all players.  A unique vote is the first vote cast on that player by another player.  Even after unvotes, that unique vote remains.

If there is a tie at deadline, the tiebreaker is number of unique votes.  That means that the player who was voted by the highest number of unique players over the course of the day is lynched.

Unique votes are cleared at the start of the next day.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2012, 07:11:37 pm »

In honor of Frisk:

At least you admit to the buddification.

Don't distance yourself from your partner Frisk. Two blitz games should be enough to prove scum bussing scum doesn't work on D1.

Also: I will vote the lowest post count person at days end.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.