Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 14 [All]

Author Topic: RMM4: PokeAwesome (Signups Open!)  (Read 29326 times)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
RMM4: PokeAwesome (Signups Open!)
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:33:46 pm »

Welcome to RMM4: PokeAwesome

Signups are Closed!

Players Signed Up:

1.  Robz888 - Cubone
2.  Captain_Frisk - Mew
3.  Eevee - Eevee
4.  Archetype - Aron
5.  Dsell - Scyther
6.  Jimmmmm - Machop
7.  Jorbles - Snorlax
8.  Insomniac - Gastly
9.  Tables - Bagon
10.  Axxle - Totodile
11.  Cayvie - Pidgey
12.  Joth - Psyduck
13.  Galz - Deino

Mafia Ruleset (shamelessly stolen and modified from eHalcyon's RMM3 intro post)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action (basically everyone) your choices are due to me by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start).  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  If you have a compulsive role, it will be randomized.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage) unless otherwise specified.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase unless your action is compulsive.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
7. This game will generally have 2 week deadlines.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent. 
9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue (or really any color) text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will NOT be issued automatically.  It is your responsibility to watch out for lurkers. A prod will be issued upon request after 48 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

Game Set Up

Game set up:

1.  Each player will take on the role of a different pokemon; this selection process should have already taken place by game start.

2.  Each player will receive a role PM including their pokemon, role name, and alignment.  It will also include the list of moves and abilities that will be available to their pokemon throughout the game.

3.  Voting in this game will be different than most mafia games.  Instead of voting for a player to be lynched, the town will be voting for two pokemon to do battle.  Two vote tallies will be monitored simultaneously for a victor and a loser.  Players may vote for both the victor and the loser and indicate a vote with the following format:
WinVote: <pokemon>
LoseVote: <pokemon>

4.  Each vote count will be separately locked the moment it reaches majority.  After one of the vote counts has been locked, discussion will continue prior to deadline until the other vote count has been resolved (eg if a victor is chosen, discussion will continue until a loser is chosen; no votes could be changed regarding the victor).  If deadline is reached and only one votecount has reached majority, the other votecount will be decided by whichever player is leading at the time of the deadline.  If neither votecount has reached majority, the game will go to night with no fight.

5.  The results of the fight is as follows.  The player that is voted to be the loser will faint (see: dead.  But this is pokemon; no one dies).  The player that is voted the victor will win the fight and gain experience such that he/she evolves.  This evolution will result in an improvement or modification to their powers.

6.  During the night following a battle, the pokemon that has been evolved will be protected from night kills.  During the night, kills may resolve on other players.  The action of these pokemon dying will distribute its experience to random other players, causing them to evolve.  The number of evolutions that will occur will be equal to the deceased pokemons current stage (eg if squirtle were to be night killed, another random pokemon would be evolved 1 stage.  If Blastoise were to be night killed, three random pokemon would be evolved one stage.  These three pokemon are chosen randomly and could potentially be the same pokemon, all unique, or some combination thereof).
This is my first time modding a forum mafia game and subsequently writing up a rules list.  If anything is unclear or missing please ask me and I would be happy to clarify.  I think this could be a very interesting and fun setup and am very interested to see how this plays out.

Shraeye will be a very necessary (if not sometimes trollish) co-mod.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:32:26 pm by TheMunch »

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM4: PokeAwesome (Signups Open!)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:09 pm »

Is Pokemon knowledge required?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »

In anywY

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »

Extensive pokemon knowledge is not required.  I cant say it wont be helpful from decrypting information from a flavor standpoint but will not be necessary to be successful.  If you view the fight as "choose one player to kill and one player to power up" everything will go smoothly.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:46 pm »

im offended i wasnt auto/in

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 11:43:30 pm »

Sorry, only Robz gets auto-in'd.   :-[

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 11:50:05 pm »

Completely /in. Seems riduculously fun! :)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 12:07:53 am »

Just tagging to follow.  Looking forward to reading along.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 12:13:56 am »

Confirming my in. Many thanks for the auto enroll.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 12:15:44 am »

Also just tagging to follow.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:05 am »

I'm in! Also willing to help co-mod if you feel you need it, but it sounds like you've got it covered.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 03:29:03 am »

No, I'm in too many games already!

/in

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:12 am »

/in

Dont be too overwhelmed by bastard mafia.  This game should be fun and straightforward.  Is that actually an in?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 09:38:47 am »

/in

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 09:41:42 am »

actually /out, sorry.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:44:52 am »

/in!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 10:47:24 am »

Rules question: How do we vote? Do we still just [Vote: TheMunch] or do we [Vote winner: TheMunch] or [Vote loser: TheMunch]?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 11:03:23 am »

Rules question: How do we vote? Do we still just [Vote: TheMunch] or do we [Vote winner: TheMunch] or [Vote loser: TheMunch]?
Still being determined.  I think to keep the format of "vote: ____" at the end, we'd want to say
Winnervote: TheMunch
Loservote: Jorbles

We have a bit of time to settle the details like that, but I encourage people to ask any questions like Jorbles.  Maybe you'll think of a scenario or hiccup that we aren't prepared for yet.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »

/in

Dont be too overwhelmed by bastard mafia.  This game should be fun and straightforward.  Is that actually an in?

Yes, that's an /in.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 01:09:29 pm »

Still being determined.  I think to keep the format of "vote: ____" at the end, we'd want to say

We have a bit of time to settle the details like that, but I encourage people to ask any questions like Jorbles.  Maybe you'll think of a scenario or hiccup that we aren't prepared for yet.

Okay then, do we first vote for who is fighting and then vote for the winner and loser? I'm a little unsure how the actual voting works.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:28 pm »

I read it as you

Vote Winner: Captain Frisk
Vote Loser: Galzria

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 02:14:27 pm »

I read it as you

Vote Winner: Captain Frisk
Vote Loser: Galzria

I wonder how many times I've correctly lynched you...

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »

Okay then, do we first vote for who is fighting and then vote for the winner and loser? I'm a little unsure how the actual voting works.

You vote separately for who wins and who loses.  You could only be going for the winner if you chose to.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 02:35:18 pm »

How are ties settled then? I could see there easily being two tied winners or two tied losers, or does it need to hit majority?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 02:40:32 pm »

Personally, I would like to add that I think a system where we vote for two players to fight and then after that's decided vote for who should win would be a lot simpler to implement. Plus then it'll feel more like a duel. (Not that I won't play the system as setup, but since the game hasn't started I thought I'd put forward this alternate system.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:03:05 pm by Jorbles »

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 02:51:25 pm »

How are ties settled then? I could see there easily being two tied winners or two tied losers, or does it need to hit majority?
Personally, I would like to add that I think a system where we vote for two players to fight and then after that's decided vote for who should win and who should lose is going to be a lot simpler to implement. Plus then it'll feel more like a duel. (Not that I won't play the system as setup, but since the game hasn't started I thought I'd put forward this alternate system.)
We talked about this second idea of yours, but I think it would devolve into the system Munch proposed anyway.  Because the winner gets a bonus, and the loser gets killed, people are unlikely to vote for their two highest scum reads.  They'll just vote for a winner and a loser essentially.  Making this explicit just seemed more reasonable.

We're discussing situations where two people are tied at deadlines (obviously this only happens if one of the votecounts has reached majority, and the other is tied at a plurality).  One option is to have everyone vote-by-PM for the actual candidate, and then the votes are made public sometime before/after thread unlock/lock for the following day.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 03:30:55 pm »

Personally, I would like to add that I think a system where we vote for two players to fight and then after that's decided vote for who should win would be a lot simpler to implement. Plus then it'll feel more like a duel. (Not that I won't play the system as setup, but since the game hasn't started I thought I'd put forward this alternate system.)

Ties should only happen if deadline is reached with one vote at majority and the other not.  If this occurs (sample situation: majority has been achieved for the winner, 2 players are tied for loser at 4 votes a piece with majority being 5) I would have some kind of silent democracy between those 2 players (everyone pms me one of the 2 names and the one with the most silent votes wins; in the case of another tie in the silent vote I will choose randomly).

The problem with choosing which 2 fight first, then chosing winner/loser is that with 15 players, instead of 15 choices to vote on there are 15*14 choices for pairs of players to vote on.  It would be impossible to achieve majority.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 03:36:47 pm »

Ties should only happen if deadline is reached with one vote at majority and the other not.  If this occurs (sample situation: majority has been achieved for the winner, 2 players are tied for loser at 4 votes a piece with majority being 5) I would have some kind of silent democracy between those 2 players (everyone pms me one of the 2 names and the one with the most silent votes wins; in the case of another tie in the silent vote I will choose randomly).

The problem with choosing which 2 fight first, then chosing winner/loser is that with 15 players, instead of 15 choices to vote on there are 15*14 choices for pairs of players to vote on.  It would be impossible to achieve majority.

I was envisioning a system where the players with the top two vote counts would fight at deadline. This might end up in a situation like 14 Frisk and 1 Galzria (Frisk and Galz fight) or 8 Frisk and 7 Galzria (Frisk and Galz fight). There's still tying problems. For example 7 Frisk, 3 Galzria, 3 TheMunch, 1 Jorbles, who does Frisk fight? But conceptually it seems easier for me to grasp. I may be in a minority on this one though.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 03:44:40 pm »

I was envisioning a system where the players with the top two vote counts would fight at deadline. This might end up in a situation like 14 Frisk and 1 Galzria (Frisk and Galz fight) or 8 Frisk and 7 Galzria (Frisk and Galz fight). There's still tying problems. For example 7 Frisk, 3 Galzria, 3 TheMunch, 1 Jorbles, who does Frisk fight? But conceptually it seems easier for me to grasp. I may be in a minority on this one though.

Ah I think I see the problem.  There are TWO SEPARATE vote counts going on.  So:

Winner Vote count (majority=7):
Frisk: 7
Galz: 3
Munch: 2
Jorbles: 1

The last person to vote for frisk locks this vote count.  No one will be able to vote for a winner or change their votes on the winner.

Loser vote count:
Galz: 6
Munch: 6
Not voting: 1

If the day ends right now, the silent pm vote would happen between me and galz as to who loses.  If prior to deadline the not voting player votes for either Galz or Munch, lets say Munch, then I would be voted as the Loser, I would fight Frisk, I would lose and Frisk would win.  Frisk Evolves and I die.

But this has lead me to realize another interesting problem where lets keep the same Winner vote count as above,  Let the loser vote count be as follows:
Frisk: 4
Other players: less than 4 each

That is Frisk wins both the loser and the winner vote.  I think in this case, I would pick the second place on the loser vote count (as votes on Frisk are meaningless once he is voted the winner).

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 03:45:34 pm »

/in
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 03:49:45 pm »

That makes 8!!!  I am so excited this is filling up.  As a side note, for all the players that are /in-ing, it would be helpful if you could start pm'ing me your pokemon choices so I can start thinking of roles and abilities.  You are free to change your mind up until game start and your choice wont be made public until game start but at least I can start getting a feel for what choices players will be making, if any duplicates will exist etc.  I will update the OP to include this request to all new players joining.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »

That makes 8!!!  I am so excited this is filling up.  As a side note, for all the players that are /in-ing, it would be helpful if you could start pm'ing me your pokemon choices so I can start thinking of roles and abilities.  You are free to change your mind up until game start and your choice wont be made public until game start but at least I can start getting a feel for what choices players will be making, if any duplicates will exist etc.  I will update the OP to include this request to all new players joining.

Done.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 04:45:39 pm »

Just want to let you all know as PM's come in, single evolution pokemon are most definitely allowed.  Regardless of how many evolutions your choice has, I most definitely want you to be choosing your favorite pokemon.  Evolution is not the only gimmick this game is centered around; each player will be benefited by winning, regardless of whether or not that can evolve.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2012, 07:06:39 pm »

So we only need 7 more.  Also a few haven't sent me pokemon picks.  Would love to hear from the others as well.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 07:09:09 pm »

Meh, might as well join. I need more distractions from work anyway :[
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 07:10:43 pm »

Meh, might as well join. I need more distractions from work anyway :[

The return of Tables! This is indeed a day of celebration.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 07:13:02 pm »

I don't even know why I was away. (Oh, right, work). I probably won't take as detailed notes this game. As in, I'll be playing mostly from gut. Which could be terrible.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 07:15:38 pm »

Hey Robz, what is the story of Tables?  Or tables can also tell stories of Tables.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 07:19:56 pm »

There's not much of a story to tell to be honest.

When mafia first started here, I joined the second game, after lobbying for a second game to be run. Then I joined the fourth game, which I enjoyed, but was constantly struggling to keep up with, and eventually lost for the town pretty much by totally forgetting the town could NL. I was also in a role mafia game, which was crazy, and I won after pulling a crazy fairy-godmother defence, which got bought for just long enough for me to win (I reckon one more IRL day and I'd have had a mass bandwagon on me). Then I kinda just disappeared from the mafia scene, I think due to a busy September, and didn't really have the motivation to join another game for some reason (because of work I think).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2012, 07:21:42 pm »

Hey Robz, what is the story of Tables?  Or tables can also tell stories of Tables.

And can he lured into Buffymafia?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2012, 07:29:50 pm »

When mafia first started here, I joined the second game, after lobbying for a second game to be run. Then I joined the fourth game, which I enjoyed, but was constantly struggling to keep up with, and eventually lost for the town pretty much by totally forgetting the town could NL. I was also in a role mafia game, which was crazy, and I won after pulling a crazy fairy-godmother defence, which got bought for just long enough for me to win (I reckon one more IRL day and I'd have had a mass bandwagon on me). Then I kinda just disappeared from the mafia scene, I think due to a busy September, and didn't really have the motivation to join another game for some reason (because of work I think).

Love it.  Dont worry, Tables.  This game is gonna be awesome.  You're gonna love the way you look; I guarantee it!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2012, 07:36:06 pm »

You're gonna love the way you look; I guarantee it!

I'm noooooot 100% sure they have Men's Warehouses in the UK. :P

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2012, 07:54:04 pm »

Love it.  Dont worry, Tables.  This game is gonna be awesome.  You're gonna love the way you look; I guarantee it!

Yeah, Tables belongs to the Voltgloss/eHalcyon school of copious note-taking and level-headed town play. Galz and I killed him Night in M-II, and he was the Cop! So that was good.

In M-IV, he was something of an IC most the game, because SFS did a one-shot investigation of him (though we all had concerns that SFS was lying, or that Tables was an investigation-immune SK). But we also had concerns that I was the Serial Killer. Eventually it was all solved when Frisk actually admitted to being the Serial Killer in an attempt to stop the mafia from winning. It didn't work; Tables and SFS didn't believe him.

And yes, my encyclopedic memory for our Fourm Mafia games is just about filled up, as I will not be able to retain information from M-XIII and M-XV, due to being dead so early in those games.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2012, 07:57:01 pm »

Yeah, Tables belongs to the Voltgloss/eHalcyon school of copious note-taking and level-headed town play. Galz and I killed him Night in M-II, and he was the Cop! So that was good.

In M-IV, he was something of an IC most the game, because SFS did a one-shot investigation of him (though we all had concerns that SFS was lying, or that Tables was an investigation-immune SK). But we also had concerns that I was the Serial Killer. Eventually it was all solved when Frisk actually admitted to being the Serial Killer in an attempt to stop the mafia from winning. It didn't work; Tables and SFS didn't believe him.

And yes, my encyclopedic memory for our Fourm Mafia games is just about filled up, as I will not be able to retain information from M-XIII and M-XV, due to being dead so early in those games.

Just as long as you never forget MIV. :P

Man, that was a good game.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 02:07:38 pm »

6 more!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2012, 08:20:36 pm »

I'm sad that BM5 filled up in the time it took me to get home yet this has stalled out.  I really want this to get underway.  Or least get full so it can start soon after thanksgiving (although preferably not at the same time as MXVI as I am in that as well as many that have signed up).

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2012, 08:36:28 pm »

Are you sure you are going to need 15 players to play?

Most people sign up for with set-ups that are tried and tested. That, and how short the game is, is why BM5 filled up quicker. I personally enjoy these kind of games more. :)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2012, 08:49:36 pm »

Most people sign up for with set-ups that are tried and tested. That, and how short the game is, is why BM5 filled up quicker. I personally enjoy these kind of games more. :)

Naw blitz filled up cause Ashersky posted the link in the post game <3.  But in all honesty I would prefer a bigger setup.   I feel with the evolution mechanic I've proposed, it could take advantage much more over running for a longer number of game days.  If only one player evolves per day with multiple evolutions doing pretty badass things, it would be silly if the game ended in 3-4 game days.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2012, 08:52:30 pm »

Naw blitz filled up cause Ashersky posted the link in the post game <3.  But in all honesty I would prefer a bigger setup.   I feel with the evolution mechanic I've proposed, it could take advantage much more over running for a longer number of game days.  If only one player evolves per day with multiple evolutions doing pretty badass things, it would be silly if the game ended in 3-4 game days.
True and True

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 08:52:58 pm »

Everyone should choose Eevee.

/in
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 08:54:06 pm »

Everyone should choose Eevee.

/in

Yay!! I support this idea.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 08:57:54 pm »

Mod Edit: Neither of us support nor discourage any choices in Pokemon (TM).  We both support individuals exercising their freewill.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2012, 03:46:40 am »

/in
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2012, 03:50:11 am »

aw crap i just read the rule that says i'm supposed to choose my favorite pokemon

sigh
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2012, 03:56:06 am »

screw it, sticking with it.

she/her

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2012, 07:40:31 am »

aw crap i just read the rule that says i'm supposed to choose my favorite pokemon

sigh

Do you not have one?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »

sigh

I got dibs on Cubone.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2012, 12:45:38 pm »

Dibs on Agumon.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 01:02:47 pm »

Dibs on Agumon.

Digimon, digital monsters, digimon are the champions!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 01:04:29 pm »

Dibs on Agumon.

Digimon, digital monsters, digimon are the champions!

I don't actually remember what that show was about, but it was on after Spiderman when I was in high school so I always heard the theme song as the next show started. (I didn't recognize the name of that pokemon so I googled it and it's apparently a digimon?)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2012, 01:05:09 pm »

Digimon was really hard to follow if you only watched it casually. It always intrigued me, though.

Anybody remember this?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »

Digimon was really hard to follow if you only watched it casually. It always intrigued me, though.

Anybody remember this?
+10000 for that hilarious theme song.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2012, 01:27:49 pm »

Anybody remember this?
My only interaction with monster rancher was the card game the video game strangely enough.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2012, 01:29:27 pm »

/in

was MOnster Rancher the one where you could put in music CDs and they would unlock monsters?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2012, 01:34:16 pm »

Yay!  So I was thinking that this needs to be offset by maybe as much as a week from XVI.  What do you guys think?  I dont konw how much overlap there is between XVI and this.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2012, 01:53:48 pm »

/in

was MOnster Rancher the one where you could put in music CDs and they would unlock monsters?

Yes.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2012, 02:03:52 pm »

/in

Yes.

I spent way too much time thinking about that concept, and whether there was one specific CD, perhaps hinted at by a series of clues in the game or promotional materials, that would unlock some kind of insanely powerful beast.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2012, 02:12:52 pm »

/in

Yes.

I spent way too much time thinking about that concept, and whether there was one specific CD, perhaps hinted at by a series of clues in the game or promotional materials, that would unlock some kind of insanely powerful beast.
Sold by the makers of Monster Rancher, only 1000 actually printed.  Last one went for about 13,000 on ebay. PIAL (Promise I am lying)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 03:00:32 pm »

i remember using R.E.M.'s Monster and thinking i was clever

she/her

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2012, 09:10:28 am »

So Casino just started up.  I would love to start this when Casino goes into Night 1 or maybe sooner.  What do you all think?  We still need a few more so I would love to see it fill up.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 03:41:41 pm »

So Casino just started up.  I would love to start this when Casino goes into Night 1 or maybe sooner.  What do you all think?  We still need a few more so I would love to see it fill up.

That's probably when MXVII will start, FYI.  IF MXI ends, that'll help, too.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 06:16:54 pm »

That's probably when MXVII will start, FYI.  IF MXI ends, that'll help, too.
Yeah. Wait for MXI to end.

But send me my PM!  ;D

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2012, 06:20:05 pm »

Gotta wait on the PMs!  However this is a good idea.  I will set the start time for MXI ending.  We just have to fill up by then.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2012, 09:07:14 pm »

I think I have appropriately gone through my inbox and I believe I have received pms of pokemon choices from:

Eevee, Insomniac, Jorbles, Dsell, Archetype, Tables, Cayvie, Axxle, Robz, and Joth.

That means I am missing from Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and CF, so they should get those choices to me.

Also we are at 12/15.  I have decided that I would be comfortable starting at 13 if we dont get to 15 by a reasonable time.

If we get 1 more and the 2 to send me roles, this could give Shraeye and I some kind of finallity to start hammering out all the details.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2012, 11:09:26 am »

Eevee

I think he defaults to picking Eevee ;)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2012, 11:10:19 am »

Threaten them with Bidoof if they don't make a decision.

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 03:04:32 pm »

A fate worse than modkill.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 05:04:34 pm »

sigh

I got dibs on Cubone.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:01:27 pm by eHalcyon »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2012, 05:12:39 pm »

What's a Pokemon?

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2012, 05:13:26 pm »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2012, 05:53:48 pm »

I have /in'ed, even though I have no clue what I'm doing.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2012, 05:54:23 pm »

Were you being totally serious when you asked what a pokemon is?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2012, 05:54:44 pm »

Nominate Galzria for Psyduck.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2012, 05:55:32 pm »

Totally.

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2012, 05:55:42 pm »

Nominate Galz for Bidoof! (HM Whore)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2012, 05:56:19 pm »

What's a Bidoof?

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2012, 05:58:41 pm »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2012, 06:02:18 pm »

Totally.

Pokemon are basically the animals of the pokemon universe, except that a lot of them have special powers like controlling elements or having psychic ability. There are wild pokemon but a lot of people catch and train pokemon to battle them (or for various other purposes). They grow and can "evolve" (really quite a rapid transformation) into stronger pokemon that look different (but fairly similar). Some pokemon don't evolve and some can evolve into multiple different things.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2012, 06:03:27 pm »

Tropius was a pretty good HM slave. I feel bad but I'm actually using Mew as an HM slave in a game. XD

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2012, 06:06:40 pm »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2012, 06:07:45 pm »

What's a Pokemon?

A Pocket Monster.

<insert bad pun about having one already here>

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »

Tropius was a pretty good HM slave. I feel bad but I'm actually using Mew as an HM slave in a game. XD

In SoulSilver, two of my HM slaves were Meganium (rock climb, rock smash, strength, flash) and Feraligatr (whirlpool, waterfall, cut, headbutt).

Also, there should be some Slowpoke memes in here.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2012, 06:59:42 pm »

Also, there should be some Slowpoke memes in here.
Saving that for after the game.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2012, 07:01:20 pm »

This is for you Galz:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2012, 07:04:11 pm »

Nope, don't know who Slowpoke is either, sorry.

Mafia Record:

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:22 pm »

So we are at 13.  I am comfortable starting with this number but at a minimum not this week.  Are we still good to go when XI finishes? I fear that might be too far away.  I want to capitalize on awesome hype that is being generated in this thread :D

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:50 pm »

So we are at 13.  I am comfortable starting with this number but at a minimum not this week.  Are we still good to go when XI finishes? I fear that might be too far away.  I want to capitalize on awesome hype that is being generated in this thread :D

XI is down to 8 players...It's like a real game now!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2012, 08:33:26 pm »

Also Hype Train:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2012, 08:46:48 pm »

Ahhhhhh can't wait!  ;D

(don't recognize one of those, and can't name one other, darn)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2012, 08:48:06 pm »

Ahhhhhh can't wait!  ;D

(don't recognize one of those, and can't name one other, darn)

I don't see any images :(

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2012, 08:48:47 pm »

Oh that is really exciting actually! Some legit choices right there!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2012, 08:50:55 pm »

Though technically one of them does have a pre-evolution. ;)

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »

No one lieks Mudkips?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2012, 08:54:39 pm »

Clearly you guys are pulling my leg as I see no Hype Train and quoting that post reveals no link

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »

Clearly you guys are pulling my leg as I see no Hype Train and quoting that post reveals no link

I could list what's showing if you want.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2012, 08:56:40 pm »

I dont know how to post images on here other than attaching them like I did.  If anyone knows how to fix that I would love to know.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2012, 08:57:27 pm »

Also I promote people changing their avatars to their pokemon on game start.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2012, 09:01:14 pm »

I dont know how to post images on here other than attaching them like I did.  If anyone knows how to fix that I would love to know.
You have to upload it to an image hosting site like imgur or photobucket and use the [ img ] tag.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:08 pm »

Claim I know who everyone is!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:57 pm »

Claim I know who everyone is!
Who am I? /iknowthatsnotwhatyoumeant

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2012, 09:05:08 pm »

Thanks Axxle, I'll do that in the future.  I have plans for keeping the game state in image form like that, with a few formatting changes as well as labeling who is who.  I think this will be an easy way of keeping track of who is alive/dead/what-evolution.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2012, 09:10:00 pm »

@TheMunch: Can we change are avatars now, or should we wait?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2012, 09:10:09 pm »

I know who Robz is. He told me in our scum QT.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2012, 09:11:09 pm »

I know who Robz is. He told me in our scum QT.

Crap. I mean Mason QT.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13:51 pm »

@TheMunch: Can we change are avatars now, or should we wait?
Too late for me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2012, 09:14:26 pm »

What do you mean change?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2012, 09:15:20 pm »

I'm fine with changing now if you would like!  Only reason not to is to keep that information private until game starts.  But at game start, I will be saying which player is which pokemon so I guess theres no real reason to wait :D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2012, 09:21:54 pm »

Wait, who did I choose again?

Mafia Record:

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2012, 09:24:33 pm »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2012, 09:26:42 pm »

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Mafia Record:

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2012, 09:28:47 pm »

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/
I went here for my spite if anyone is looking for good forum sized images of their pokemon and google image search is failing them.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2012, 09:30:29 pm »

Did you just pick Deino out of a hat? Because it is a great choice.

(Has bred and trained Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon fairly extensively.)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2012, 09:33:14 pm »

Ooh yeah. I like this profile picture :P

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2012, 09:37:25 pm »

Ooh yeah. I like this profile picture :P
It's not visible to others though.  :(

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2012, 09:40:13 pm »

I should've just chosen doduo, that way I could have posted from my other account and wouldn't have to do annnny work! ;D

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2012, 09:41:09 pm »

hee hee

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2012, 09:41:52 pm »

I should've just chosen doduo, that way I could have posted from my other account and wouldn't have to do annnny work! ;D
Lol, is smeagol a pokemon?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2012, 09:44:33 pm »

Hmmm. It's a little like sableye...maybe? XD

And come to think of it, doduo might have had some cool abilities.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2012, 09:45:10 pm »

Hmmm. It's a little like sableye...maybe? XD

And come to think of it, doduo might have had some cool abilities.

NOW YOU'LL NEVER KNOW

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2012, 09:45:50 pm »

man i made the sweetest choice

all you guys' monsters look stupid

mine looks like an awesome bird

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2012, 09:48:23 pm »

If I said that it was random, I may or may not be lying.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2012, 09:49:48 pm »

Smeargle!  Sounds similar and looks passable.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2012, 09:51:04 pm »

I would have bet good money you would have chosen a bug in need of help.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2012, 09:51:44 pm »

You guys should all choose to let me evolve because, well...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2012, 09:53:37 pm »

If anything ever looked evil, it's that.

Me, on the other hand... well just look at me! Not sure where you get the monsterness from, cayvie.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55:16 pm »

ok i totally should have done that

but

bug type bites

caw caw motherf

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55:37 pm »

If anything ever looked evil, it's that.

Me, on the other hand... well just look at me! Not sure where you get the monsterness from, cayvie.

ok eevee is sweet, fair enough

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2012, 09:57:38 pm »

You guys should all choose to let me evolve because, well...

Bring it on:

Mafia Record:

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2012, 09:59:15 pm »

let's go
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:12:42 pm by cayvie »

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2012, 10:00:47 pm »

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2012, 10:01:34 pm »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2012, 10:07:06 pm »

*BRRAAAAP*

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2012, 10:16:50 pm »

My first choice, Arceus, was actually denied me. :(

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2012, 10:23:02 pm »

You forgot to bring your Azure Flute.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2012, 10:24:37 pm »

Hydreigon's cool, buuuuuut....

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2012, 10:27:38 pm »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2012, 10:40:32 pm »

Oh, well I give up.  GG Scizor. #t=3m30s

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2012, 10:50:00 pm »

Axxle has taken me to a dark place.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2012, 10:51:59 pm »

Oh yeah I have to avoid that part of the youtubes. It's right there with WW's narrated games but there's a looooot more of them.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2012, 10:53:33 pm »

I was thinking more the pictures he posted then the youtube video.  Although way to go scizor

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2012, 11:00:27 pm »

There is a bug type move called Struggle Bug.  I could totally see cayvie being Shuckle, who can use that move.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »

There is a bug type move called Struggle Bug.  I could totally see cayvie being Shuckle, who can use that move.

+1

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2012, 11:02:19 pm »

Someone knows more than they are letting on...

Why didn't anyone pick Ditto?

And I hope someone picked Zorua.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2012, 11:03:56 pm »

Oh, well I give up.  GG Scizor. #t=3m30s

I like the battle videos where they do gimmicks like FEAR Ratata, Baton Pass into epic Magikarp, Copycat Prankster Riolu or that one video where they use all level 1 pokemon to destroy one of the strongest NPCs in the game.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2012, 11:04:08 pm »

And I hope someone picked Zorua.

It could be anyone!!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2012, 11:04:55 pm »

that one video where they use all level 1 pokemon to destroy one of the strongest NPCs in the game.

Yes I love that video!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2012, 11:05:15 pm »

Actually wait, my pokemon pick for cayvie is Larvesta -> Volcarona.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2012, 11:07:55 pm »

Baton Pass into epic Magikarp,
that is best.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2012, 11:08:35 pm »

Or maybe classic Caterpie.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2012, 11:08:58 pm »

Or maybe classic Caterpie.
Caytervie.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2012, 11:14:06 pm »

My top pokemon pick for Robz888 - Scyther, because he cuts grass, much like Link.  Also, Scyther can learn U-turn, which is the staple scouting move.  Runner up choices: Sentret or Patrat (Scouts).

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2012, 11:15:03 pm »

My pick for Axxle -- Klang.  Gears, axles, there's something there. ;)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2012, 11:20:53 pm »

HEY ehal and OTHERS, there is still room for more.  Shraeye and I are starting to hardcore hammer everything out so if anyone else wants in NOW IS THE TIME!!!!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2012, 11:21:31 pm »

Nah, I don't have time to get into another game. :P

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2012, 11:22:06 pm »

Munch, you should be Munchlax.

Also: jothitelle. ;)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2012, 11:23:49 pm »

I know nuzzing! Nuzzing I tell you!

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2012, 11:25:36 pm »

I know nuzzing! Nuzzing I tell you!

Quick, locke the thread!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2012, 11:30:37 pm »

How about Axew? (Had to look him up, haven't played B/W)  Sounds like a toddler trying to say my name!

Kind of wish I picked him!  That final form looks like a BAMF!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2012, 11:31:56 pm »

How about Axew? (Had to look him up, haven't played B/W)  Sounds like a toddler trying to say my name!

Haxorus has ridiculous base attack.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2012, 11:33:10 pm »

You know too much about pokemon to not play.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2012, 11:34:03 pm »

You know too much about pokemon to not play.

That's why I'm observing and semi-trolling!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2012, 11:40:11 pm »

147, right? *goes to check*

Edit: it is, yessss
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:42:30 pm by Dsell »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:03 am »

And he's found in a place called World Axel? Nice.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2012, 01:03:13 am »

MUST I change my avatar? I'm loathe to do it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2012, 01:12:15 am »

Naw, don't do it!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2012, 01:16:12 am »

I too actually kind of think changing avatars for a game is a bit troublesome. When people started doing it for CE, playing mafia got really confusing.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2012, 01:17:51 am »

So I won't be changing!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2012, 01:30:53 am »

I don't follow Avatars usually. I read people based off their tagline. Which is why those who don't have one are bothersome!  >:( It makes me have to scroll my screen on my mobile over to the poster name.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2012, 01:31:59 am »

I don't follow Avatars usually. I read people based off their tagline. Which is why those who don't have one are bothersome!  >:( It makes me have to scroll my screen on my mobile over to the poster name.

Interesting. I absolutely identify people by their avatar. I remember when you were the Orange San Francisco logo. I pictured you as an Orange San Francisco logo forever, man!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2012, 01:33:03 am »

This is not a real complaint mind you. Although it is how I usually follow posts.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2012, 01:38:13 am »

Interesting. I absolutely identify people by their avatar. I remember when you were the Orange San Francisco logo. I pictured you as an Orange San Francisco logo forever, man!

For me, it's because my mobile auto-fits the text to fill the screen, but it filters out the Avatar side of the page when making it's measurements. So I can read posts just fine, but if I want to see name/avatar I need to scroll over. As this is an extra step, I tend to avoid it where I can, instead just associating taglines which appear below the main text field.

That said, I do KNOW my avatars. Volt will always be a bug, CF a Spikey Football, You're Link, etc.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:33 am »

For me, it's because my mobile auto-fits the text to fill the screen, but it filters out the Avatar side of the page when making it's measurements. So I can read posts just fine, but if I want to see name/avatar I need to scroll over. As this is an extra step, I tend to avoid it where I can, instead just associating taglines which appear below the main text field.

That said, I do KNOW my avatars. Volt will always be a bug, CF a Spikey Football, You're Link, I'm the pink My Little Pony character, etc.
FYP

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2012, 01:57:55 am »

That would be Fluttershy, and don't you forget it!

Mafia Record:

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2012, 04:07:51 am »

Thats never stopped you before! Hohoho
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2012, 10:34:08 am »

eHalc, what pokemon would I be in your cast of characters?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2012, 10:45:48 am »

Could I be the purple haired dude with a far too much to be natural association with his sister?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2012, 10:46:07 am »

Could I be the purple haired dude with a far too much to be natural association with his sister?

Also, to clarify /out

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2012, 11:09:04 am »

Munch, you should be Munchlax.

Also: jothitelle. ;)

I always find the person-shaped Pokemon creepy. Makes the whole slavery aspect seem so much more like slavery.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2012, 11:33:51 am »

Im Ghastly fwiw. Gengar and Blastoise still my faves (Don't get me wrong I like new stuff too Hydreigon/Chandeleur were up there too)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2012, 11:44:01 am »

You dont want to change your profile pic, Insom?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2012, 11:47:04 am »

You dont want to change your profile pic, Insom?

Was gonna wait till game start, but now I can't find that link from a few pages back thats good for getting forum sized avatars

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2012, 11:49:15 am »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2012, 12:13:02 pm »

By name, probably Voltorb. But by personality, probably Zorua. Troll. ;)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »

And me?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2012, 12:22:55 pm »

And me?

Drowzee into Hypno, due to your Insomnia?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2012, 04:15:21 pm »

Ok, mistakes were made.  After talk of how difficult it was to keep track of whose voting for who, I wanted to see if the built in forum poll system had ways of making this easier for us (I dont know why I assumed no one had tried using the poll).  Now I have a poll stuck at the top.  Anyone know how to get rid of it?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2012, 04:19:31 pm »

The bigger problem is that you said 'whose' instead of 'who is'

A clear reason to vote Shraeye.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2012, 04:21:00 pm »

I've decided to abstain from voting until I see a debate....what is your stances on...greenhouse gases...GO!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2012, 04:23:25 pm »

I've decided to abstain from voting until I see a debate....what is your stances on...greenhouse gases...GO!

Darn, this as a good idea but ive already voted! like in all things in life i have gone too early!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2012, 04:23:49 pm »

Easy, they don't exist.  Next question.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2012, 04:26:18 pm »

Easy, they don't exist.  Next question.

The redacted because this is the wrong forum for RSP and might offend someone here  :-\ candidate emerges!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2012, 04:30:59 pm »

This is not helping solve the problem.  Shraeye is willing to put winning a fake poll above problem solving.  Clear reason to vote TheMunch.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2012, 04:31:47 pm »

This is not helping solve the problem.  Shraeye is willing to put winning a fake poll above problem solving.  Clear reason to vote TheMunch.

I think you underestimate how much people love a fake poll....

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2012, 04:33:07 pm »

Hmm and the Munch takes to the standard slander the opposition tactic...sounds more like a politician...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2012, 04:35:25 pm »

So how much for my vote?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2012, 04:36:55 pm »

I think you should vote for me because as your moderator of choice I will do absolutely nothing. But remember that voting for me is akin to supporting baby Jesus, and voting for anyone else is a vote for terrorism!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2012, 04:38:20 pm »

I think you should vote for me because as your moderator of choice I will do absolutely nothing. But remember that voting for me is akin to supporting baby Jesus, and voting for anyone else is a vote for terrorism!

That would lose you sooo many votes i think out of principle!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2012, 04:39:18 pm »

That would lose you sooo many votes i think out of principle!

Tis a Family Guy reference.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2012, 05:09:02 pm »

I voted, but I think I see one of the problems with this system. We can't change our votes. Or at least I don't think we can.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2012, 05:12:17 pm »

I voted, but I think I see one of the problems with this system. We can't change our votes. Or at least I don't think we can.
Also you can't see who people are voting for
and we can't say whether we're voting for lynch or evolution
and I don't know if the mods can even change the poll for each day

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

So glad I held off voting. Now I'm in a position of power.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2012, 05:22:13 pm »

Nope, it's already a landslide victory so your vote doesn't matter.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2012, 05:22:19 pm »

Vote Shraye! Got to love the underdog!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2012, 05:23:14 pm »

Vote Shraye! Got to love the underdog!
Shhh!  I'm trying to lower voter turnout.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2012, 05:23:28 pm »

Nope, it's already a landslide victory so your vote doesn't matter.

You can still see the current values without voting.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2012, 05:23:46 pm »

I'm so torn

The biggest problem is that Munch said 'chose' instead of 'whose.'  So shraeye is wrong.
But Munch said 'chose' instead of 'choose.'  So Munch is wrong.

ARGH

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2012, 05:24:13 pm »

Vote: Obama

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2012, 05:24:53 pm »

I'm calling Canadian on that one.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2012, 05:26:20 pm »

I'm so torn

The biggest problem is that Munch said 'chose' instead of 'whose.'  So shraeye is wrong.
But Munch said 'chose' instead of 'choose.'  So Munch is wrong.

ARGH
Munch edited to poll!  It definitely said 'whose the best moderator?' before.  That makes this the second mistake Munch has made (the second one while trying to bury the first)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2012, 05:26:43 pm »

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 28, 2012, 05:27:53 pm »

Its a botched cover up by TheMunch!!
Is that who you want to vote for?!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 28, 2012, 05:28:14 pm »

I am Canadian!

Exactly! Don't you have Prime Ministers to worry about? :P

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2012, 05:33:05 pm »

Its a botched cover up by TheMunch!!
Is that who you want to vote for?!
I'd be too paranoid if he competently covered things up!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2012, 05:34:34 pm »

I am Canadian!

I'm trying to pretend we didn't elect the same door knob twice (I didn't vote for him once)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2012, 05:39:04 pm »

Whilst I'm thinking about it...Pidgey we can't hurt each other....Alliance?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 28, 2012, 05:40:06 pm »

Pidgey uses wing attack!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 28, 2012, 05:41:24 pm »

Pidgey uses wing attack!

thats nice...Gastly uses thunderbolt!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 28, 2012, 05:42:43 pm »

Unless you use Sucker Punch and Pidgey uses Gust...

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2012, 05:43:09 pm »

Pidgey uses wing attack!

thats nice...Gastly uses thunderbolt!

Alliance over!

(sorry cayvie)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2012, 05:44:12 pm »

So I know at one point, people could change their votes.  Also I can change it and reset peoples votes whenever I want.  Problem is without a written record it is just subpar for analysis.  That being said, now I cant get rid of the poll.......

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2012, 05:47:15 pm »

I am Canadian!

I'm trying to pretend we didn't elect the same door knob twice (I didn't vote for him once)

Well since you live in BC you couldn't have. Parliamentary electoral system!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2012, 05:48:26 pm »

I am Canadian!

I didn't vote for the BC doorknob either (the one that stepped down) :P

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2012, 05:51:01 pm »

Ridiculous.  Canadians give inanimate objects the right to run for office?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »

Coming from a country that elected George Bush Junior thats a bit rich....

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2012, 05:58:10 pm »

Coming from a country that elected George Bush Junior thats a bit rich....
Takes one to know one!

... err...

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2012, 06:03:11 pm »

Fixed it!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2012, 06:03:44 pm »

I am Canadian!

I didn't vote for the BC doorknob either (the one that stepped down) :P

I was actually referring to the electoral system we have that means we vote for individual Members of Parliament, and then the MPs vote for the Prime Minister. No matter who you voted for you couldn't have voted for Stephen Harper as he ran in Alberta.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2012, 06:04:32 pm »

I was actually referring to the electoral system we have that means we vote for individual Members of Parliament, and then the MPs vote for the Prime Minister. No matter who you voted for you couldn't have voted for Stephen Harper as he ran in Alberta.

True but I didn't vote for his party.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2012, 06:08:22 pm »

True but I didn't vote for his party.

Word.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2012, 06:10:31 pm »

So I know at one point, people could change their votes.  Also I can change it and reset peoples votes whenever I want.  Problem is without a written record it is just subpar for analysis.  That being said, now I cant get rid of the poll.......

Not sure why you want to use a poll anyway.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2012, 09:42:25 pm »

I'm clearly Ash.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2012, 09:53:23 pm »

Quote from: Captain_Frisk
Just send me my PM.

Mafia Record:

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2012, 11:32:24 pm »

Quote from: Captain_Frisk
Just send me my PM.

Shraeye and I almost have the setup 100% hammered out.  When we finish, pms and scum/spec QTs will be made, I'm hoping by the end of this week.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2012, 08:26:03 pm »

Hey what pokemon am I? I said two I was happy with, one being gen 4(?) so I'd like to know for avatar purposes.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »

Hey what pokemon am I? I said two I was happy with, one being gen 4(?) so I'd like to know for avatar purposes.
Bagon

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2012, 10:12:29 pm »

Pokemon as marvel superheroes: http://scizorsquad.tumblr.com/post/35992826637

Archetype: you better get a avatar of Lairon Man if you evolve!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2012, 04:43:48 am »

Bagon

Thanks

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2012, 10:46:57 am »

Are we starting soon? I'm not changing my avatar until we start.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2012, 10:52:30 am »

soonish, it would be nice if XI had wrapped up, and I don't want to simul-start with Tabula Rasa.  We'll probably start some amount of time after that.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2012, 04:22:13 pm »

Testing...

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2012, 04:22:39 pm »

So much better than an avatar, clearly. Is that going to drive you all nuts?

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2012, 04:26:14 pm »

So much better than an avatar, clearly. Is that going to drive you all nuts?

Oh, it's much better. I might do that...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2012, 04:26:36 pm »

But first, tell me how. Share your magic Internet skillz, Jo.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2012, 04:27:16 pm »

http://pokemondb.net/sprites/ did pretty much all the work.

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2012, 04:29:09 pm »

test

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2012, 04:29:48 pm »

Testing... Cubone's sprite moves too fast so I went with this...

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »

I'm actually really liking my new avatar! Could be persuaded to make it just a sig though, I guess.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2012, 04:34:10 pm »

Is that less obtrusive? I used the [float=right ][/float] tags

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2012, 04:36:01 pm »

That totodile is adorable.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »

Ok, I guess Psyduck can hang out over here instead. So if I evolve during the game I'll have to go back and grab Golduck instead?

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 30, 2012, 05:03:20 pm »

soonish, it would be nice if XI had wrapped up, and I don't want to simul-start with Tabula Rasa.  We'll probably start some amount of time after that.

please let's wait till after XI is over omg that game

she/her

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 30, 2012, 05:09:30 pm »

What have I done...

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 30, 2012, 05:13:51 pm »

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 30, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »

Mmm... that's tempting. I'd still need something as my default avatar though.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 30, 2012, 05:20:54 pm »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 30, 2012, 05:21:28 pm »

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 30, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »

Hmmm... no. Those tables aren't electronic enough. Needs more cells.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 30, 2012, 05:22:22 pm »

I might need to start a new thread once this gets going just so there are less images floating around, not that I dont love this pregame chatter.  Dont want clicking the "all" button to blow up computers.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 30, 2012, 05:24:09 pm »

Yes... that's probably wise.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2012, 05:32:19 pm »

So, the lower right corner is the consensus?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2012, 05:36:51 pm »

It's looking pretty popular, at least.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2012, 06:04:11 pm »

I might need to start a new thread once this gets going just so there are less images floating around, not that I dont love this pregame chatter.  Dont want clicking the "all" button to blow up computers.

All button always does anyways.  That's why we use the Print button.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2012, 06:33:14 pm »

Hah, i use the All button sometimes.  No wonder my computer hates me.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 30, 2012, 06:43:33 pm »

Hah, i use the All button sometimes.  No wonder my computer hates me.

Print button is your friend.  Good for going far back, reading things and doing analysis.  Now you know.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »

Why do people not start a new thread when a game starts ?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2012, 08:44:05 pm »

How did you guys get your Pokemon all left-aligned? Mine's right-aligned and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2012, 08:46:09 pm »

8)

[float=right]image link[/float]

Mafia Record:

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2012, 08:51:05 pm »

Thanks!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2012, 11:26:18 pm »

If one knew how to see "who's online" right now, they would be able to see me/Munch sending PMs to eachother and typing out the ruleset.  Get ready.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2012, 11:32:39 pm »

Wheee so excited!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:00 pm »

Alright, so in preparation for game start, I have made some modifications to the rules listed in the OP.  I encourage everyone to reread the rules list as some items may have changed.  I direct your attention particularly to #6.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:11 pm »

Need PM sooooon, or I'm likely to start biting.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:54 pm »

Need PM sooooon, or I'm likely to start biting.

Fixed that for myself.

Mafia Record:

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 01, 2012, 12:09:16 am »

Have to keep track of this one.  You people are hilarious.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2012, 12:42:53 am »

How did you guys get your Pokemon all left-aligned? Mine's right-aligned and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Did you mix up left and right?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 01, 2012, 12:43:31 am »

Have to keep track of this one.  You people are hilarious.

Hello person with 0 posts, you should join a game.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:14 am »

Seems I did.

raerae is already in a game! ashersky's I believe.]

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 01, 2012, 01:36:16 am »

Seems I did.

raerae is already in a game! ashersky's I believe.]

Correct, her first game ever.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 01, 2012, 02:23:29 am »

So I wanted to send out Role PMs tomorrow (all but 2 are written) but Shraeye wont let me.  We have come to an agreement that they will all be out by Sunday Dec 2 at 11:59PM EDT.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 01, 2012, 02:27:53 am »

BITE

Mafia Record:

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 01, 2012, 02:35:06 am »

So I wanted to send out Role PMs tomorrow (all but 2 are written) but Shraeye wont let me.  We have come to an agreement that they will all be out by Sunday Dec 2 at 11:59PM EDT.
That wasn't even the agreement.  I said the EARLIEST I would want to send them out is right before sleeping on Sunday (and I don't fall asleep during PM hours, just doesn't happen).  Munch loves you all and wants the fun to start.  I love you all and want the accuracy to exist.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2012, 02:47:14 am »

Good.  PMs going out tomorrow it is.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2012, 01:51:51 pm »

So close I can taste it.  Hey guys, how long after PMs go out should we wait before game start?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 01, 2012, 01:54:47 pm »

The sooner the better!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 01, 2012, 02:05:04 pm »

Well, it's generally a good idea to give the mafia some time to talk and strategize in their QT.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 01, 2012, 02:36:23 pm »

Well, it's generally a good idea to give the mafia some time to talk and strategize in their QT.
God knows you need it.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2012, 02:36:56 pm »

12 pages, and we're now discussing starting the game :)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2012, 03:48:58 pm »

So close I can taste it.  Hey guys, how long after PMs go out should we wait before game start?
Wait until XI finishes; do not simul-start with Buffy.  The earliest I'd want to start it is Thursday or Friday.  My preference is for next week, like the 10th of December.  This is why I'm in no rush to push out PMs. 

First, decide when game should start.  Then pick PM release time appropriately matched to the gamestart.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #300 on: December 01, 2012, 05:23:04 pm »

Dsell is mafia.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 01, 2012, 05:25:01 pm »

Dsell is mafia.
He should get into our QT then!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 01, 2012, 05:26:29 pm »

I am also glad that Eevee is in fact Eevee.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 01, 2012, 05:33:51 pm »

Oh gosh the Eeveelutions. This could be interesting.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 02, 2012, 12:22:26 pm »

I also dont know why new threads aren't made.  It was always kind of frustrating to do post counts, especially if there are 13 pages of pre game chatter.  I just made a new thread which hopefully will be moved over to the mafia game threads soon.

PMs are going out tonight.  For the sake of clutter as well, I will have you all confirm receipt of PMs in this thread.  Once confirmation has been made here, the game will start in the new thread in the mafia game threads subsection, most likely Thurs/Friday of this week.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 02, 2012, 12:36:25 pm »

I prefer confirming in the new thread.  I'd like to keep the whole game, from confirmation to the bitter end, all in one place.  It's just pretty that way.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 02, 2012, 06:27:54 pm »

No, confirmations here. They're part of pregame, not part of the game.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 02, 2012, 06:36:43 pm »

I do intend to follow the pokeshenanigans, so I will post in the new game thread once (or else it won't show up in my unread posts).

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 02, 2012, 06:38:13 pm »

PMs are going out tonight.  For the sake of clutter as well, I will have you all confirm receipt of PMs in this thread.  Once confirmation has been made here, the game will start in the new thread in the mafia game threads subsection, most likely Thurs/Friday of this week.
I you sure you want to start it that close to a weekend?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 02, 2012, 08:43:17 pm »

PMs are currently being sent out.  Because we worked on them on Shraeye's computer, they will be sent from Shraeye's acct to both myself and the intended recipient.  Please insure that all questions/replies/whatever are sent to both Shraeye and myself using the "reply all" button.

Please confirm in THIS thread receipt of PMs.  Yes we are comfortable starting "that close to a weekend".

@ eHalc:  If you post in that thread and then I delete that post, would you still receive updates in your unread posts?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 02, 2012, 10:14:48 pm »

And THEY'RE SENT!! CONFIRM TIEM!!!!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15:31 pm »

Confirm!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 02, 2012, 10:17:11 pm »

Confirm.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 02, 2012, 10:17:56 pm »

COnfirmed.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 02, 2012, 10:20:35 pm »

C-o-n-f-i-r-m-e-d

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21:11 pm »

Confirmed.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21:50 pm »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2012, 10:33:03 pm »

Confirmed.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:41 pm »

C
O
N
F
I
R
M
E
D

Mafia Record:

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2012, 10:57:29 pm »

Confirmed.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 03, 2012, 12:06:08 am »

Confirmed

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 03, 2012, 12:55:48 am »

Confirm

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2012, 03:31:26 am »

Can one of you confirm in Blitz 6?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2012, 08:17:32 am »

Affirmative!

I mean, um, confirm

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2012, 09:05:43 am »

Confirmed.

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2012, 09:07:52 am »

Cayvie and CF still haven't Confirmed so we will wait for them.  But CF and Joth are also V/LA so I will wait to start until people are no longer V/LA.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 04, 2012, 07:18:15 pm »

oh gosh sorry, forgot to confirm

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2012, 07:21:21 pm »

Obvscum. Thought confirming in the scum QT counted. Had to be reminded to confirm here by mods.

Mafia Record:

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2012, 07:23:14 pm »

Obvscum. Thought confirming in the scum QT counted. Had to be reminded to confirm here by mods.

im a disgrace to the family

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 08, 2012, 05:22:57 pm »

Good news!  This game will start Tuesday December 11th at 4pm forum time.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 09, 2012, 04:43:56 pm »

Hey, thats my birthday!!!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 09, 2012, 04:47:26 pm »

Hey, thats my birthday!!!

Your dedication to this game has just been tested.....

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:23 pm »

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2012, 02:15:54 pm »

Specs are free to PM myself or Shraeye for QT.  You really should.  I'm looking at everyone that tag'd the thread but hasn't asked for QT yet.  Do it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2012, 03:41:59 pm »

Sure, QT me.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 17, 2012, 01:17:09 am »

Someone should have picked nincada.  After winning, they should becoming TWO players!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2012, 09:58:56 pm »

Anyone want in to replace CF?
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 14 [All]

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 19 queries.