Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14  All

Author Topic: RMM4: PokeAwesome (Signups Open!)  (Read 29328 times)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
RMM4: PokeAwesome (Signups Open!)
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:33:46 pm »

Welcome to RMM4: PokeAwesome

Signups are Closed!

Players Signed Up:

1.  Robz888 - Cubone
2.  Captain_Frisk - Mew
3.  Eevee - Eevee
4.  Archetype - Aron
5.  Dsell - Scyther
6.  Jimmmmm - Machop
7.  Jorbles - Snorlax
8.  Insomniac - Gastly
9.  Tables - Bagon
10.  Axxle - Totodile
11.  Cayvie - Pidgey
12.  Joth - Psyduck
13.  Galz - Deino

Mafia Ruleset (shamelessly stolen and modified from eHalcyon's RMM3 intro post)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action (basically everyone) your choices are due to me by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start).  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  If you have a compulsive role, it will be randomized.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage) unless otherwise specified.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase unless your action is compulsive.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
7. This game will generally have 2 week deadlines.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent. 
9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue (or really any color) text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will NOT be issued automatically.  It is your responsibility to watch out for lurkers. A prod will be issued upon request after 48 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

Game Set Up

Game set up:

1.  Each player will take on the role of a different pokemon; this selection process should have already taken place by game start.

2.  Each player will receive a role PM including their pokemon, role name, and alignment.  It will also include the list of moves and abilities that will be available to their pokemon throughout the game.

3.  Voting in this game will be different than most mafia games.  Instead of voting for a player to be lynched, the town will be voting for two pokemon to do battle.  Two vote tallies will be monitored simultaneously for a victor and a loser.  Players may vote for both the victor and the loser and indicate a vote with the following format:
WinVote: <pokemon>
LoseVote: <pokemon>

4.  Each vote count will be separately locked the moment it reaches majority.  After one of the vote counts has been locked, discussion will continue prior to deadline until the other vote count has been resolved (eg if a victor is chosen, discussion will continue until a loser is chosen; no votes could be changed regarding the victor).  If deadline is reached and only one votecount has reached majority, the other votecount will be decided by whichever player is leading at the time of the deadline.  If neither votecount has reached majority, the game will go to night with no fight.

5.  The results of the fight is as follows.  The player that is voted to be the loser will faint (see: dead.  But this is pokemon; no one dies).  The player that is voted the victor will win the fight and gain experience such that he/she evolves.  This evolution will result in an improvement or modification to their powers.

6.  During the night following a battle, the pokemon that has been evolved will be protected from night kills.  During the night, kills may resolve on other players.  The action of these pokemon dying will distribute its experience to random other players, causing them to evolve.  The number of evolutions that will occur will be equal to the deceased pokemons current stage (eg if squirtle were to be night killed, another random pokemon would be evolved 1 stage.  If Blastoise were to be night killed, three random pokemon would be evolved one stage.  These three pokemon are chosen randomly and could potentially be the same pokemon, all unique, or some combination thereof).
This is my first time modding a forum mafia game and subsequently writing up a rules list.  If anything is unclear or missing please ask me and I would be happy to clarify.  I think this could be a very interesting and fun setup and am very interested to see how this plays out.

Shraeye will be a very necessary (if not sometimes trollish) co-mod.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:32:26 pm by TheMunch »

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM4: PokeAwesome (Signups Open!)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:09 pm »

Is Pokemon knowledge required?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »

In anywY

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »

Extensive pokemon knowledge is not required.  I cant say it wont be helpful from decrypting information from a flavor standpoint but will not be necessary to be successful.  If you view the fight as "choose one player to kill and one player to power up" everything will go smoothly.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:46 pm »

im offended i wasnt auto/in

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 11:43:30 pm »

Sorry, only Robz gets auto-in'd.   :-[

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 11:50:05 pm »

Completely /in. Seems riduculously fun! :)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 12:07:53 am »

Just tagging to follow.  Looking forward to reading along.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 12:13:56 am »

Confirming my in. Many thanks for the auto enroll.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 12:15:44 am »

Also just tagging to follow.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:05 am »

I'm in! Also willing to help co-mod if you feel you need it, but it sounds like you've got it covered.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 03:29:03 am »

No, I'm in too many games already!

/in

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:12 am »

/in

Dont be too overwhelmed by bastard mafia.  This game should be fun and straightforward.  Is that actually an in?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 09:38:47 am »

/in

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 09:41:42 am »

actually /out, sorry.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:44:52 am »

/in!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 10:47:24 am »

Rules question: How do we vote? Do we still just [Vote: TheMunch] or do we [Vote winner: TheMunch] or [Vote loser: TheMunch]?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 11:03:23 am »

Rules question: How do we vote? Do we still just [Vote: TheMunch] or do we [Vote winner: TheMunch] or [Vote loser: TheMunch]?
Still being determined.  I think to keep the format of "vote: ____" at the end, we'd want to say
Winnervote: TheMunch
Loservote: Jorbles

We have a bit of time to settle the details like that, but I encourage people to ask any questions like Jorbles.  Maybe you'll think of a scenario or hiccup that we aren't prepared for yet.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »

/in

Dont be too overwhelmed by bastard mafia.  This game should be fun and straightforward.  Is that actually an in?

Yes, that's an /in.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 01:09:29 pm »

Still being determined.  I think to keep the format of "vote: ____" at the end, we'd want to say

We have a bit of time to settle the details like that, but I encourage people to ask any questions like Jorbles.  Maybe you'll think of a scenario or hiccup that we aren't prepared for yet.

Okay then, do we first vote for who is fighting and then vote for the winner and loser? I'm a little unsure how the actual voting works.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:28 pm »

I read it as you

Vote Winner: Captain Frisk
Vote Loser: Galzria

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 02:14:27 pm »

I read it as you

Vote Winner: Captain Frisk
Vote Loser: Galzria

I wonder how many times I've correctly lynched you...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »

Okay then, do we first vote for who is fighting and then vote for the winner and loser? I'm a little unsure how the actual voting works.

You vote separately for who wins and who loses.  You could only be going for the winner if you chose to.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 02:35:18 pm »

How are ties settled then? I could see there easily being two tied winners or two tied losers, or does it need to hit majority?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 02:40:32 pm »

Personally, I would like to add that I think a system where we vote for two players to fight and then after that's decided vote for who should win would be a lot simpler to implement. Plus then it'll feel more like a duel. (Not that I won't play the system as setup, but since the game hasn't started I thought I'd put forward this alternate system.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:03:05 pm by Jorbles »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.