Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Gauntlet of Fools III - Back into Hell - (GAME OVER - Kuildeous Wins!)  (Read 28465 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Gauntlet of Fools III - Back into Hell - {In the Tavern: The Boasts!}
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2012, 06:32:55 pm »

Hmm if the average life expectancy of a character is 4 turns, Frisk can roll 7 dice a turn.

However since he is a zombie his average life expectancy is 6 turns
20/6=3.333

Which means he can expect to roll 5 dice a turn, with a boost when he needs it.

really should have figured this out before!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 06:33:35 pm »

I still like my character I'm just dissapointed no one stole the char from you like 0 boasts isn't cool.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »

Oh crap I totally thought Ninja Stars were +1 not +1 die.  :-[

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2012, 06:35:13 pm »

Additionally math that doesn't matter this game

Ninja with throwing stars Average life expectancy 4 turns. --> 12 Dice a turn.

Warlord with Throwing stars average life expectancy 4 turns --> 8 Dice a turn.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2012, 06:37:08 pm »

Ninja has much higher than 4 turn life expectency due to retarded defense.

Zombies however....

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2012, 06:38:05 pm »

Math that does matter this game and I'm happy no one did. (Jorbles Robz)

Prospector WITH breakfast > Trapper.

Worst case scenario both live for 4 turns
Prospector gets 4 Gold, trapper MIGHT get 4 gold if he doesn't fudge a roll

As the prospectors length of time in dungeon goes up he gets more gold then the trapper can accrue. He does have 1 less defence though or in this game 3.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 06:54:13 pm »

Note: Flavor asks that you please confirm the signuo sheet in post #4. While I will update that post and repost here as we proceed, I did not feel like incorporating it here and now. So when you make your commands, point out anything that might be wrong with my listing of your character.

-----

The room was thick with smoke, two bodies lie face down in the corner, and the smell of alcohol and vomit assaulted the nostrils of Velayn as he walked into The Horse Cock Inn.

One glance at the attire of a wench as she walked by told him the stories he had heard of this place were probably true - and one glance at the patrons told him he had come to the right place.

He stepped through the doorway, making sure to leave it open behind him - he didn't want to suffocate in this damnable place. Walking across the room, he drew few glances as most of the patrons were involved with their cups, or making sure this establishment earned it's name.

When he reached the bar, he removed one glove, placing it on the counter and beckoned the barkeep to him. After a few quiet, hastily spoken words, he pulled a large, heavily laden sack from his belt, showing the barkeep it's contents before quickly stowing it away again.

The barkeep pondered for a moment before nodding his head. Velayn pulled a quill and scroll out of his sack, handed it to the man, turned around, and walked out.

Come the following morning, Velayn returned to The Horse Cock Inn, where he found his scroll nailed to the door. He smirked as he glanced over it, for it read as follows:

Adventurers Call! Now is the time to step into Demon's Run - Now is the time to go Back into Hell. This isn't your Mothers dungeon, and this isn't your Fathers dungeon. If you're still to much of a baby then stay home! This dungeon is for the Big Boys.

Rewards will be paid out to every Adventurer proportionate to what they kill. The proprietor of this establishment has seen and verified the Gold that awaits the successful. He himself will earn 1 Gold Coin for each Adventurer that signs up.

Please list all assets that you bring on this Quest when you sign up:

All 6 spots were filled. Velayn removed his Dagger from it's sheath and rapped upon the door. He could hear the barkeep cursing as he stumbled across the room to find out who could be calling at this hour.

When he opened the door, Velayn had his six Gold Coins in hand waiting to greet him. This quite obviously improved the mans spirits greatly, and without much fuss he went to fetch the men who had signed up.

Once outside, Velayn greeted them...

"Well, aren't YOU all the sorriest lot I've ever seen. Did you even take the time to read the Call, or did you all just see the word Gold and signup?

No matter. I've got you all here now. If you would be so kind as to confirm yourselves against that list over there I shall give you all directions to what we affectionately just call 'The Pit'.

Good. Everything check out? Then here is a map for each of you. Come back when you have slain all that you can, and you shall be rewarded handsomely."

With that, Velayn retreated back down the street, leaving 6 very confused - but eager to kill - adventurers standing there.

-----

After 7 days travel, the Adventurers finally reached their destination. Looking up, they saw a sign that read "Pit of Despair, exit 666, 1/2 mile ahead".

"This must be it!" exclaimed one.
"How exciting!" said another.

As they drew closer and closer, they began to pass more and more "Do Not Enter", "Turn Around", "Private Property" and even a "Guard Dog on Duty" signs.

"Not exactly the most ominous of places." claimed the Armorer, "I could've done this without Breakfast while hungover... And with an arm tied behind my back!"

They all laughed. How silly they had been to take this so seriously. All that awaited them at the end of this was Free Gold!

Just then, they stumbled upon an Old Man, collapsed at the side of the road.

"What're you doing here old timer? Don't you know this is the entrance to Hell?l

"Just leave him," said the Ninja "We've got more important fish to fry".

They all began to proceed when a quiet voice called them back.

"Wait", croaked the old man, "wait. I know not what lies ahead for you all, but I know my days are numbered. Back home I have a vault, and my life savings lie within. I admire bravery, courage, but above all success - so to each of you I make this offer: He who defeats the next monster faced may remove 3 Gold from my Vault."

Encounter Modifier: +3 Gold has been rolled. This will effect the first encounter.

"Here, take this pledge, each of you, and give it to a man named Velayn, along with proof of your kill, and he will handle everything."

With that, the man died. Nobody ever found out his name, and in truth, nobody ever tried or cared. All that mattered was that they were going to be RICH!

Continuing along now, the mood and atmosphere was quite cheery. Not at all what you would expect from those about to take on the challenge of their lives.

The mood however, didn't last. The Ninja had ventured ahead when suddenly they heard a scream. Rushing forward, they found their friend standing face to face with a Griffin.

"Let's do this"

Griffin
Attack: 11
Defense: 13
Damage: 1 Wound, and lose 2 Gold
Reward: 3 Gold
Modifier +3 Gold
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:01:00 pm by Galzria »
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 07:04:18 pm »

I'll throw 3 extra stars.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 07:06:44 pm »

Hmm, since I'm juggling I can hit 13 exactly. Who wins on ties? I forget, sorry.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 07:07:10 pm »

Attacker

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 07:07:29 pm »

A chance to get +6 for the rest of the game? Hell yeah I'll swap numbers.
A man has no signature

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 07:09:46 pm »

Attacker

Sweet, in that case I'll use both a class and a weapon token. Can I use both my class tokens or is it once per encounter? I assume it's once.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 07:13:12 pm »

Attacker

Sweet, in that case I'll use both a class and a weapon token. Can I use both my class tokens or is it once per encounter? I assume it's once.

Usually multiple, unless there is language.  If you are the artificer, then only 1

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 07:33:50 pm »

use a weapon token

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 08:02:05 pm »

Gutnis wondered how his wife and son had reacted upon reading his note. He shook his head it was time to concentrate he wasn't a fighter after all, he only had this Scepter because when the times were good he has smelted some of his gold into a scepter and had a man imbue magical properties to it, he was foolish in the good times to have not prepared for the bad. His memory thought back to the old man and the promise of 3 gold pieces. He saw the Griffin was guarding another 18 that would be 3 for him. totalling 6. That was about 3 months of prospecting on his claim, it seems he would once again improve the times and provide for his family. He noticed a slight gleam on the wall behind the Griffin probably another gold piece, if he survived the encounter he would let the others ahead and carefully remove the gold piece from the wall; no reason he couldn't fight and prospect right? Gutnis's mind raced how could he guarantee himself these 7 gold pieces he thought back to the enchantment he had the old man place on his scepter. "Point it at a monster who is more bark then bite," was the advice the old man had given him, time to give it a whirl Gutnis thought. Taking a deep gulp he pointed the scepter at the Griffin, which slowly and with a confused look on it's face began to peck at itself. A neat trick Gutnis thought hopefully this Pit of Despair wouldn't be so bad at himself.

Walking towards the wall Gutnis smiled for what felt like the first time in years.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2012, 08:02:27 pm »

Oops forgot this part USE a weapon token

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2012, 08:03:25 pm »

As an observer, I'm rooting for Gutnis solely based on flavor alone.  Well done, Insom.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 08:08:07 pm »

As an observer, I'm rooting for Gutnis solely based on flavor alone.  Well done, Insom.

:D

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:07 pm »

Attacker

Usually multiple, unless there is language.  If you are the artificer, then only 1

Well umm, then I see no reason not to use all of them. Oh wait, now that I have more time to reread my role:

Trapper
Defence: 16
Class Tokens: 2
Ability: Once per encounter before rolling spend a token to make this encounter have +2 Gold for you

Oh well, one token it is.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:00 pm »

I am also using a Token this battle.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:33 pm »

I am also using a Token this battle.

Weapon*, obviously. I have no class tokens.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2012, 09:12:49 pm »

Since Robz has no actions that can be resolved at this time, let's commence fighting:

Enemy:

Griffin
Attack: 11
Damage: 1 wound, and lose 2 Gold
Reward: 3 Gold
Modifier: +3 Gold

Combat:

Robz888:
Dice: 5 + 5 + 1 = 11
Does not kill, Does not get hit.
Net Gold Gain: 0

Insomniac:
Uses Weapon Token.
Vaporizes Griffin, Does not get hit.
Net Gold Gain: 7

Galzria:
Uses Weapon Token:
Dice: 1 + 6 + 5 + 2 = 13 (Hungover)
OATBB: 0 + 6 + 5 + 0 = 11
Juggling: 11 - 1 = 10
Axe: 10 x2 = 20
Kills Griffin, Does not get Hit
Loses Hangover
Net Gold Gain: 6

Kuildeous:
Uses Class Token
Dice: 3 + 5 + 4 = 12
Sack: 12 + 1 = 13
Kills Griffin, Does not get hit

Captain_Frisk
Uses 3 Weapon Tokens
Dice: All 1's 2 + 5 + 4 + 5 + 2 = 18
Kills Griffin, Does not get hit.

Jorbles:
Uses Class Token
Dice: 4 + 6 + 5 + 2 = 17
Kills Griffin, Does not get hit.
Net Gold Gain: 7 (Blindfolded)

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2012, 09:13:23 pm »

Current Game State:

Robz888:
Gold: 0

Class: Armorer
Weapon: Sling
Boasts: ø
Weapon Tokens: 2
Dice: 3
Wounds: 0
Other:

Insomniac:
Gold: 7

Class: Prospector
Weapon: Sceptor
Boasts: One arm tied behind back - Hopping on one foot
Class Tokens: 0
Weapon Tokens: 1
Dice: 4
Defense: 13 (HoOF)
Other: (1's and 2's = 0)

Galzria:
Gold: 6

Class: Ninja
Weapon: Axe
Boasts: Hungover- Juggling - Arm tied behind back
Class Tokens: 0
Weapon Tokens: 1 (Juggling)
Dice: 5
Defense: 17
Other: (1's and 2's = 0) - (Roll -1) (Next attack = 0)

Kuildeous:

Class: Jester
Weapon: Sack of Gold
Class Tokens: 1
Weapon Tokens: 0
Dice: 3
Defense: 14
Other:

Captain_Frisk:
Gold: 6

Class: Zombie
Weapon: Throwing Starz
Weapon Tokens: 17
Dice: 2
Other:

Jorbles:

Class: Trapper
Weapon: Spear
Boasts: Juggling - Blindfolded
Class Tokens: 1
Weapon Tokens: 1 (Juggling)
Dice: 4
Defense: 16
Other: (Roll -1)

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2012, 09:14:40 pm »

Please check for mistakes in any of the above.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2012, 09:15:25 pm »

Please check for mistakes in any of the above.

Looks right be me.  Zombie ninja starz.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14  All

Page created in 2.345 seconds with 19 queries.