Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Dominion Strategy 2012 Champs?  (Read 37562 times)

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Strategy 2012 Champs?
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 04:00:31 pm »

i think this actually was in general discussion for a bit. i guess theory dropped it in here because it was starting to develop offshoot threads and polls.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 11:21:09 am »
+1

Nah I had posted it to Dominion Strategy Feedback, as it's feedback ish and I didn't know whether or not it was happening and quite enjoyed it last year.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2012, 05:44:23 pm »

I'm in favor of the "take however many sign up" approach as well.  Byes/play-ins aren't THAT hard to do, I don't think.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2012, 01:25:32 am »
+1

So, I have a question. For the kingdom design challenge it says that we can build a kingdom from any of the expansions. Dark Ages is not mentioned as being excluded. Can we build kingdoms that include Dark Ages cards? Will there be a way to allow the top two players to play these kingdoms?

PitzerMike

• Young Witch
  • Longtime Pearldiver
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2012, 03:17:28 am »

So, I have a question. For the kingdom design challenge it says that we can build a kingdom from any of the expansions. Dark Ages is not mentioned as being excluded. Can we build kingdoms that include Dark Ages cards? Will there be a way to allow the top two players to play these kingdoms?

Exactly my thoughts.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2012, 09:08:07 am »
+1

I mentioned the DA exclusion on the form but not on the blog post.  I have updated the blog post accordingly.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

I mentioned the DA exclusion on the form but not on the blog post.  I have updated the blog post accordingly.

Perhaps we could ask for a temporary release for the tournament (sponsored by goko)?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2012, 09:42:22 am »
+1

Perhaps we could ask for a temporary release for the tournament (sponsored by goko)?

Ha!  That's amusing.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:55 am »

Ha!  That's amusing.

Hey - Androminion released the cards.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2012, 02:40:04 pm »

It doesn't hurt to ask, although a lot of people would have to coordinate, and probably if its just for the tourney 256 people have to be given access
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 02:45:41 pm »

Whoever asks should mention it might get a lot of people to start playing on goko.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 02:52:01 pm »

Whoever asks should mention it might get a lot of people to start playing on goko.

Would it? I can't see it making a difference I don't think Dark Ages not on Iso is a reason people aren't playing on Goko I suspect it's that people don't like the UI implementation as much.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 03:00:50 pm »

Would it? I can't see it making a difference I don't think Dark Ages not on Iso is a reason people aren't playing on Goko I suspect it's that people don't like the UI implementation as much.
Don't know.  Maybe people haven't tried it since everyone is complaining about it.  I know I tried it when the closed beta started and stopped soon after.  Maybe after a few games in a row some people will start getting used to it. 

In any case saying so might make them more likely to allow us use for the tournament :)
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 03:14:30 pm »

Is there going to be a list of entrants at some point, to verify that the registration went through? I have a distrust of black-box google forms... >_>

(I should probably get in some practice. I haven't played much lately.)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 03:16:30 pm »

Don't know.  Maybe people haven't tried it since everyone is complaining about it.  I know I tried it when the closed beta started and stopped soon after.  Maybe after a few games in a row some people will start getting used to it. 

In any case saying so might make them more likely to allow us use for the tournament :)

Its WAY better than the start of the closed beta but it's still got a bunch of issues, I think Frisk summed up nicely in the "All Dark Ages Now On Goko" topic

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2012, 03:23:24 pm »
+1

Is there going to be a list of entrants at some point, to verify that the registration went through? I have a distrust of black-box google forms... >_>

(I should probably get in some practice. I haven't played much lately.)

Isn't there a "confirmed" dialog after submission?

I suppose there is no harm to making the list public, since all that info is going to be public anyway.

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2012, 03:23:43 pm »

personally/unofficially, i do not think that including Dark Ages in this tournament would be a good idea even if we could. without the ability to play on iso, i think that far less people out there will have had the chance to play with the cards, especially at a competitive level. sure some people have used the cards on goko but even then some of the cards just recently got released. just seems like too much potential trouble of rules misunderstandings and matches being decided by who has had the most exposure to Dark Ages.

of course, i am biased because i have never played with the cards. but naturally i suspect the opposite bias exists for many people. and then of course there will be a few people who are just trying to game the system so that we can get Dark Ages on iso.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2012, 03:29:34 pm »

I suppose there is no harm to making the list public, since all that info is going to be public anyway.

11/26/2012 3:41:46   sffc   sffc1   GMT -6 (CST)
11/26/2012 3:42:06   sffc   sffc   GMT -6 (CST)

Lines 29 and 30, duplicate entries? I'd hate to see someone miss out on that spot.  ???

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2012, 03:31:01 pm »
+1

11/26/2012 3:41:46   sffc   sffc1   GMT -6 (CST)
11/26/2012 3:42:06   sffc   sffc   GMT -6 (CST)

Lines 29 and 30, duplicate entries? I'd hate to see someone miss out on that spot.  ???

I go through and purge duplicates every so often.  Even if I miss it now, we won't miss it when we're making brackets, and then you just take #257.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »

Boo I had signed up before it was live so im not on there

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 03:53:27 pm »
+1

You were warned :)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 03:57:00 pm »

You were warned :)

I had probably overlooked that part in my haste to sign up  ::)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »

personally/unofficially, i do not think that including Dark Ages in this tournament would be a good idea even if we could. without the ability to play on iso, i think that far less people out there will have had the chance to play with the cards, especially at a competitive level. sure some people have used the cards on goko but even then some of the cards just recently got released. just seems like too much potential trouble of rules misunderstandings and matches being decided by who has had the most exposure to Dark Ages.

of course, i am biased because i have never played with the cards. but naturally i suspect the opposite bias exists for many people. and then of course there will be a few people who are just trying to game the system so that we can get Dark Ages on iso.

I actually bought Dark Ages on Goko, so no trying to game the system to get Dark Ages on iso. Although, I would prefer them on iso because I like using iso more than Goko. Although, I suppose I and others who bought the cards on Goko would have had an advantage of having played with the cards more than other people.

Also, I really want to design kingdoms with DA cards because that would be fun!

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2012, 04:06:51 pm »

I've since changed my Iso username, because, the only reason I had that one was for CR consistency which isn't a thing any more.

I know you said email, but, I figure this is actually probably easier? row 76.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2012, 04:17:01 pm »

I actually bought Dark Ages on Goko, so no trying to game the system to get Dark Ages on iso.

oh yeah, not trying to pick on you there. just people in general. there have been a number of calls in the past months to somehow get dark ages on iso. this is about the point where donald would likely reference free pizza.

Although, I suppose I and others who bought the cards on Goko would have had an advantage of having played with the cards more than other people.

right, that is the issue i would have. uneven access to goko, whereas everyone has full access to iso and the sets iso has. of course i can see why people might want Dark Ages included, i just personally think the negatives outweigh the positives in this case.

Also, I really want to design kingdoms with DA cards because that would be fun!

agreed! i think it would be more fun. there are two main issues with that though. first, not having iso around makes it more difficult to gauge what a good kingdom with dark ages cards would look like. second, if we can't play with dark ages  then you lose a key motivation for the design contest anyway, that being seeing the kingdom played by the top players in the final.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.