Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 136661 times)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Day 3!
« Reply #1200 on: December 21, 2012, 09:25:37 pm »

Oh, I see your last post clarified the remaining role situation.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 21, 2012, 09:27:45 pm »

hmmm I think you are right... I wasn't around, so I don't have a great memory of who was online during that time...

unvote for now, at least until we can figure out this claiming stuff...

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 21, 2012, 09:29:49 pm »

Having reconsidered my position from yesterday in light of Cuzz being SK...I think Galzria may have been correct in his assessment of Shraeye as the most likely busser.  Especially because he turned focus onto Cuzz which redirected away from the Frisk-lynch, and he was around near deadline but non-participatory (though this could easily be for other reasons...he did not help us when deciding whether to lynch Frisk first, which I guess worked out anyways for town).

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 21, 2012, 09:34:21 pm »

Sorry if that wasn't clear. Drunk and at a bar with friends, but my point regarding the Vig is that he is an IC at this point. If scum fakeclaims him, or counter claims, he loses in two turns tops.

Given that, and the nature of this setup, we should be taking advantage of our "must be" Towns, both to reduce the possible scum pool, and to have trusted leaders.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 21, 2012, 09:35:33 pm »

Having reconsidered my position from yesterday in light of Cuzz being SK...I think Galzria may have been correct in his assessment of Shraeye as the most likely busser.  Especially because he turned focus onto Cuzz which redirected away from the Frisk-lynch, and he was around near deadline but non-participatory (though this could easily be for other reasons...he did not help us when deciding whether to lynch Frisk first, which I guess worked out anyways for town).

I was waiting to post this analysis until we had heard from everybody.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:09 pm »

I don't think a mass claim at this point is the proper course of action...

Instead I am wondering if I should vote Axxle (I don't think I would feel comfortable with a theorel vote at this juncture) or go look for bussing on the Lekkit wagon.

It is possible that both scum were off the Lekkit wagon as both Frisk and Robz weren't online at the time--hence why they didn't hammer away eevee.

heck... vote: Axxle

oh, and Galz... good job sticking to your gut!

@yuma: I've been trying to parse that bolded statement.  The best conclusion I can come to is that the "both Frisk and Robz weren't online" comment shouldn't be there.  Especially since Frisk was online at that time.

Having both scum not bussing, also means all 3 scum were voting Eevee (since Lekkit had joined that wagon, obviously).  That just seems really bold to me...at least as bold as simply building a case on Lekkit for town-credit.  I think the various bussing possibilities should be considered.

@Galzria: regardless of whether the vig is 1-shot we're not 100% on the set-up.  If he's 1-shot there's the unknown 2 rolls (either PRs or Ts), and if he is not 1-shot there's a single unknown PR roll.

Yes, which is what I said.

Mafia Record:

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 21, 2012, 09:41:32 pm »

I was waiting to post this analysis until we had heard from everybody.

That's fine, I'm just not around as often as you, so i figured I'd post it while I had the chance.  At this point, I haven't gone through and re-evaluated all my reads (which would be worthwhile), but i have re-evaluated that one based on the Frisk and Cuzz flips.

@Galzria: I was just confused.  The post where I said you had clarified, was because I had read the next post.  Putting toddler to bed sometimes means I don't read all new posts between typing and clicking post.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 21, 2012, 10:11:51 pm »

That's fine. I didn't realize post #1200 was directed at me.

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: December 21, 2012, 11:51:01 pm »

So I know it is weekend so I shouldn't expect people to be around... but we are kinda burning through time waiting for people to come online and claim or not claim... is there anything to discuss while we wait?

Although with only one more scum to find perhaps time isn't quite as precious of a commodity as it was before?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 22, 2012, 09:44:52 am »

Hey Jimmmm!

Are you the Vigilante?

Are you the other Mafia?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: December 22, 2012, 09:46:40 am »

Hey sorry, no I'm neither, just a plain old VT here.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: December 22, 2012, 09:47:48 am »

Also, loving that Robz was killed by a Vig.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: December 22, 2012, 09:49:10 am »

that might have been a little too much info... o well.

Well we know the vig isn't me, galz, jimmm, eevee, or theorel.

So that leaves shraeye, axxle and cayvie to still answer. My money is on cayvie.

PPE: Yes irony of ironies... although if Robz1 had come into this game as scum at the beginning he might have been a little more in favor of vigs shooting...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: December 22, 2012, 09:51:05 am »

that might have been a little too much info... o well.

Oh sorry, I forgot there was other options. I guess Masons are still a possibility right?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: December 22, 2012, 09:51:21 am »

And other stuff.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: December 22, 2012, 10:19:42 am »

shraeye!

Are you the Vigilante?

Are you the other Mafia?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: December 22, 2012, 10:20:25 am »

we know there's exactly 1 mafia left, and they're either vanilla or a godfather.

there are 2 situations in which this distinction matters

1) Eevee is the godfather
2) the setup is exactly CCCDVMT

Why did you include triple C? We have 1, but if the last scum is Godfather, then we have, at present, 2 unknowns.

because that's the only setup that both fits our information and in which a non-eevee godfather could get investigated.
But in that setup a massclaim would kill our cop.

Important question.  Galz was claiming cop, not 1-shot cop.  And claiming that Eevee was conftown.  So scum had 3 ICs to deal with, supposedly.  raerae, Galz a non-counterclaimed cop, and Eevee.  Why kill the IC instead of killing Galz who could continue to investigate?

There are only two answers that seem reasonable to me.  Either Galz is actually scum, or the final mafioso is definitely a godfather.  The latter would mean that the situation is CMVDTXX where the Xs are anything but T, right?

Or because they had a Roleblocker who could continuously block me, so that I could NOT, in fact, continue to investigate me.

Which is exactly WHY I claimed full cop. Because blocking me meant blocking a VT, and NOT a potential PR somewhere else.

Further, do you REALLY think it made sense to NK me when I was calling quite loudly for Frisk's head on a platter? Yeah, that would paint him a nice rosy picture.

Killing somebody else and Roleblocking me was the only logical choice for scum, which is exactly what I wanted. It freed up our other possible PR's to act freely.
Right, i thought about this at night, but didn't even think of the roleblocking.  Still, Galz looks very towny due to his position on Frisk.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 22, 2012, 10:40:11 am »

shraeye!

Are you the Vigilante?

Are you the other Mafia?
I'll accept claim questions from only Galz at this point (or eevee).  You don't have enough town cred that I'll let you lead a massclaim.

I admit that I was pushing against the Frisk-lynch.  I was looking at Frisk's post #734 where he didn't understand why people were calling me towny.  I would think that anyone who was Lekkit's partner would certainly remember how hard I was pushing that lynch.  So I figured that since he didn't notice that lynch's driver, he couldn't be on Lekkit's team.  Obviously got played there.  Another thing that kept me off Frisk was the fact that the other Eevee-voters all were voting for him at some point.  From my blitz days I'm inclined to see a lynch that so many people under suspicion are ok with as a mislynch.

Now that I look at my notes I remember that the Eevee-voters were all suspecting Axxle for LaL reasons before jumping on Frisk, i'll think on that.

I just don't see how theorel is looking at the Lekkit lynch and picks the loudest cheerleader on it as the most likely busser.  I know it aligns suspiciously with me defending Frisk, but when I think somebody's town I defend them and look for a better lynch.  Sometimes I'm wrong in the people I defend and sometimes I'm right (I loudly defended both doc-claimers Insomniac and ehunt in the first Major Arcana game; ehunt was town-doc, Insomniac was mafia-doc)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: December 22, 2012, 10:44:17 am »

I am not leading a mass claim... I am repeating a question that galz already asked...

I'll find the quote

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 22, 2012, 10:45:15 am »

There's not much claiming to be done. At this time only the Vig should claim. He cannot be counter claimed. That puts 2 town IC's in them and Eevee.

I also put credit in my Towniness, but that's up to each of you to decide personally.

That's 3 of 8, and drops the pool to 5. Pure random means we win 60% straight lynching, and we can do far better than random.

If the Vig is 1-shot, we can debate the merits of claiming out more (since there are potentially two more PR's, and that leaves room for the last scum to cast doubt by fakeclaiming).

If the Vig is full, then the last should claim because that makes 4 town, and 4 unconfirmed, and we can PoE to a win.

Galz wants the vig to claim, so I ask are you the vig? If you aren't, just say no. I am just trying to save us some time here...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 22, 2012, 10:48:23 am »

Galz: you want to ask the question...? apparently shraeye will only respond to you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 22, 2012, 10:49:46 am »

There's not much claiming to be done. At this time only the Vig should claim. He cannot be counter claimed. That puts 2 town IC's in them and Eevee.

I also put credit in my Towniness, but that's up to each of you to decide personally.

That's 3 of 8, and drops the pool to 5. Pure random means we win 60% straight lynching, and we can do far better than random.

If the Vig is 1-shot, we can debate the merits of claiming out more (since there are potentially two more PR's, and that leaves room for the last scum to cast doubt by fakeclaiming).

If the Vig is full, then the last should claim because that makes 4 town, and 4 unconfirmed, and we can PoE to a win.

Galz wants the vig to claim, so I ask are you the vig? If you aren't, just say no. I am just trying to save us some time here...

Sorry, still waking up from a hell of a night drinking (damn blitz mafia). Just catching up. This question is relevant and correct still though.

Mafia Record:

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 22, 2012, 11:16:20 am »

Then let's wait for the Vig claim, instead of forcing it out via negative claiming ("I'm NOT the flying helicopter, are you?").  If they claim then cool, if they don't then cool.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 22, 2012, 12:12:12 pm »

Then let's wait for the Vig claim, instead of forcing it out via negative claiming ("I'm NOT the flying helicopter, are you?").  If they claim then cool, if they don't then cool.

I'll take that as a no then... Beside what is the difference? If cayvie or axxle post soon and don't claim vig I'll take that as a no as well.

My asking you and jimmm was to bring it to your attention as both if you were online. The sooner we get a response from everyone to sooner we can move on and play the game. For now we are just waiting apparently. Your reaction to claiming has me a bit more suspicious of you.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 22, 2012, 01:15:21 pm »

My stance on claiming is unique.  I hate negative claiming, I dislike auto-claiming; claims are serious business and there is a time for them.  Each situation needs to be thought about, and each person should be allowed and encouraged to decide for themselves if their current situation is a good one to claim in.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55  All

Page created in 1.298 seconds with 20 queries.