Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 136719 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Day 2!
« Reply #950 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:52 pm »

Like I said before, Cuzz would be my preferred lynch if off-Lekkit players didn't exist. But they do... Do people really think that town has a better opportunity to find scum on the Lekkit wagon?

If the choice was between "lynch a randomly chosen off-wagon player" and "lynch a randomly chosen on-wagon player", I'd choose the former.
I agree with this sentiment if it comes to literally picking people randomly.  But as long as I have reads to listen to, I'm going to do use them to direct my vote.  Looking for scum off-wagon seemed the best choice, so I started today off by doing that.  I didn't find anyone I was comfortable voting for.

yeah, sorry, i'm in agreement with you here. i was trying to imply this.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 19, 2012, 03:03:25 pm »

yeah, sorry, i'm in agreement with you here. i was trying to imply this.
Oh, I see.  Misunderstood, sorry.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 19, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »

well I don't know what to do...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 19, 2012, 04:39:19 pm »

Vote Count 2.9

Captain_Frisk (3): Galzria, yuma, Axxle
yuma (1): Eevee
Axxle (1): Cayvie
Cuzz (2): shraeye, theorel

Not Voting (4): Captain_Frisk, Cuzz, Jimmmmm, raerae

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on Wednesday, December 26, at 4:30 p.m. forum time.

You have less than 9 days left in the bank.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 19, 2012, 06:03:36 pm »

Anybody else find posts #942 and #943 interesting?  I still don't know how I feel about the Cuzz thing that's recently come up but I do find these two posts very interesting. Shraeye states in #942 that he would be comfortable with a theorel lynch and theorel responds to Shraeye in #943 with complete agreement of Shraeye's vote on Cuzz.  Interesting or am I reading into it too much?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 19, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »

Anybody else find posts #942 and #943 interesting?  I still don't know how I feel about the Cuzz thing that's recently come up but I do find these two posts very interesting. Shraeye states in #942 that he would be comfortable with a theorel lynch and theorel responds to Shraeye in #943 with complete agreement of Shraeye's vote on Cuzz.  Interesting or am I reading into it too much?

I think perhaps too much into it.... I remember theorel stating earlier that Cuzz was his biggest on-Lekkit scum read

Here I found it, but not the link:

Actually, that ended up being an unordered mess...but yes, I think shraeye is the towniest Lekkit-voter.

I think my ranking (towniest to least townie) is something like: (omitting IC)
shraeye>cayvie>Eevee>Galzria>Jimmmmm>Cuzz

Although that's not a hard and fast ordering.  cayvie-Galzria is difficult to really assign an ordering to.  Also, my opinion may change as I look back over day1 more and as things unfold today.

So I don't think it is too much of a stretch for theorel to semi-sheep a strong town read and vote for a strong scum read.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 19, 2012, 06:23:24 pm »

I think perhaps too much into it.... I remember theorel stating earlier that Cuzz was his biggest on-Lekkit scum read

Actually, that ended up being an unordered mess...but yes, I think shraeye is the towniest Lekkit-voter.

Although that's not a hard and fast ordering.  cayvie-Galzria is difficult to really assign an ordering to.  Also, my opinion may change as I look back over day1 more and as things unfold today.

So I don't think it is too much of a stretch for theorel to semi-sheep a strong town read and vote for a strong scum read.

Ah bummer,  I thought I was onto something there.  Hmmmm, ok, looking at this Cuzz guy again.

REMINDER:  Soft-deadline Thursday at 8pm.  Still trying to decide how to enforce that.  Thinking about voting for anybody I see as trying to slow down the game.  Don't make me make stupid decisions like that, kids.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 19, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »

Ah bummer,  I thought I was onto something there.  Hmmmm, ok, looking at this Cuzz guy again.

REMINDER:  Soft-deadline Thursday at 8pm.  Still trying to decide how to enforce that.  Thinking about voting for anybody I see as trying to slow down the game.  Don't make me make stupid decisions like that, kids.

there appears to be a chance that Frisk won't be in the game anymore... so we may be a player short if we don't get a replacement soonish... I don't know if that will or should factor into the equation, but it might end up doing so regardless.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 19, 2012, 06:57:37 pm »

there appears to be a chance that Frisk won't be in the game anymore... so we may be a player short if we don't get a replacement soonish... I don't know if that will or should factor into the equation, but it might end up doing so regardless.

We need to move forward and I don't believe Frisk (or his replacement) should be penalized for that.  I will focus on somebody currently active in the game who doesn't appear to be moving it forward.  Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 19, 2012, 07:06:15 pm »

Jimmmmm, you haven't been around since the 16th.  Come on, dude.  Weigh in on some stuff.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: December 19, 2012, 07:08:59 pm »

I've PM'ed Frisk to ask if he's departed.  I will seek a replacement if needed.  At this point, he's still in the game, as far as the game is concerned.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 19, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »

Jimmmmm, you haven't been around since the 16th.  Come on, dude.  Weigh in on some stuff.

hadn't noticed that, but it is true... is the worthy of a vote? No, but I will unvote no one wants to come into a game with 4 votes on them already...

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 19, 2012, 07:28:50 pm »

Galz, you still feeling good about that Frisk lynch? 

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 19, 2012, 07:51:03 pm »

I believe his actions to date have been consistent with scum!CF, yes.

Why should a potential change of face change my feelings on the actions taken to date by that player?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 19, 2012, 07:53:56 pm »

I believe his actions to date have been consistent with scum!CF, yes.

Why should a potential change of face change my feelings on the actions taken to date by that player?

It shouldn't.  I was just asking because you haven't had a ton to say recently.  Just checking in, buddy!

Buuuuutttt.....since you're here.....what do you think about the recently chitter chatter about Cuzz?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 19, 2012, 07:59:05 pm »

Shraeye, I am far, far more likely to have strong convictions on my reads as scum than as town. As town, it's a never ceasing game of second guessing and being unsure. As scum that's not the case, so to portray it as such is unnatural.

Your argument is that he's hedging, thus likely scum. I disagree. If you were arguing that his waffling seems faked, forced or contrived, then maybe I would give more consideration to your case.

Unless you're calling the scumteam Cayvie/Cuzz/Lekkit right now, then there is scum off the lynch wagon, and that's going to be the best place to start looking.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 19, 2012, 08:00:20 pm »

In essence, I don't find him particularly scummy, and his "hedginess" that Shraeye is making a case out of is so very much more often found in town who are trying to define their own reads to themselves.

Mafia Record:

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 19, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »

In essence, I don't find him particularly scummy, and his "hedginess" that Shraeye is making a case out of is so very much more often found in town who are trying to define their own reads to themselves.

I'm a big girl and read that the first time.  Thanks for dumbing it down for me though. 

Do you have thoughts on anything anybody else has said on Cuzz?  I know I'm being a bit of a pot here, not having given my own thoughts on Cuzz yet (or yuma for that matter as he was next on my list...) but you've had interesting things to say this game and I'm very much looking forward to reading more of them.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 19, 2012, 08:21:56 pm »

Robz888 has replaced Captain_Frisk.

He has been instructed that he may NOT discuss anything related to his time as Rupert Giles.  So don't ask.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 19, 2012, 08:22:13 pm »

I'm a big girl and read that the first time.  Thanks for dumbing it down for me though. 

Do you have thoughts on anything anybody else has said on Cuzz?  I know I'm being a bit of a pot here, not having given my own thoughts on Cuzz yet (or yuma for that matter as he was next on my list...) but you've had interesting things to say this game and I'm very much looking forward to reading more of them.

Actually, it would appear you read it the second time, or I wouldn't have had to repost it.

As far as other people's comments regarding Cuzz, they seem to be largely a rehash of the same ideas that Shraeye has posted. What's more, I see many of them coming from the same people that are on Frisk (or were) right now. Which makes me less concerned that Frisk is town, and more concerned that we're playing with a bunch of sheep. They should stop looking at cases made and going "well that looks good", and start making cases of their own.

As to the point that "scum like to bus now" - for those who went through it, how well did that work for Robz/Frisk in Blitz? Oh yeah, they got creamed. Going to argue faulty setup? How about Me/SFS/Robz in the current setup of blitz? Didn't work out so well for us either, did it? How about M-XI, with Grujah? Nope, ended badly there too.

I do NOT think scum would decide early to bus for lots of town cred, based on, if nothing else, how spectacularly poorly it's worked for them in the past. Could they have gotten their hand caught in the cookie jar here with Lekkit's wagon exploding? Sure. And if that is the case I suspect Shraeye to be scum more than Cuzz/Cayvie. Her insistence on lynching Lekkit didn't grow to be a full on march until both Lekkit and Eevee were L-1, at which point he scum!Shraeye knew he couldn't hammer Eevee, so made the best of it by either getting scum!Lekkit lynched, or getting a "damnit I told you all" if Eevee got lynched.

But you don't see me hammering down Shraeye's door, do you? I still think the best place to find scum is off the Lekkit lynch, and that's where I'm at.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 19, 2012, 08:23:54 pm »

Hi guys. I don't have time to catch up on this immediately--nor even really post anything. I know there's a clocking running though, gar I will try to re-read tonight.

I've never actually replaced someone before, so bear with me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 19, 2012, 08:25:14 pm »

Hi guys. I don't have time to catch up on this immediately--nor even really post anything. I know there's a clocking running though, gar I will try to re-read tonight.

Obvscum. You could make it easy on yourself and just fess up. Then you can skip the reread.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 19, 2012, 08:30:41 pm »

Obvscum. You could make it easy on yourself and just fess up. Then you can skip the reread.

Didn't know I was replacing in with a who against me. This should be fun. Whatever happens, you guys better win. This game counts double for my record now!!!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 19, 2012, 08:31:02 pm »

Who should be wagon there, on phone

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 19, 2012, 08:32:41 pm »

Didn't know I was replacing in with a who against me. This should be fun. Whatever happens, you guys better win. This game counts double for my record now!!!

Are you denying that you have a different alignment than that chump Robz888(1) had?

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.