Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 136699 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Day 2!
« Reply #850 on: December 17, 2012, 10:48:51 pm »

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 17, 2012, 10:49:34 pm »

up to about Post 460 along with some jumping around later on Day 1: cayvie, shraeye, Eevee are all town (can go further into this if you want).  Along with raerae and me that's 5 so far, not bad, not bad.  And Frisk is my biggest scumread.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 17, 2012, 10:50:16 pm »

who said that?

who said what?

finally... I have been trying to get people to look at me all day!

/invisiyuma joke
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 17, 2012, 10:52:34 pm »

up to about Post 460 along with some jumping around later on Day 1: cayvie, shraeye, Eevee are all town (can go further into this if you want).  Along with raerae and me that's 5 so far, not bad, not bad.  And Frisk is my biggest scumread.

cayvie - There was an early FOS by lekkit seems unnecessary for a scumbuddy. Reaction to Eevee "rolefishing" seems genuine.
shraeye - Vote by lekkit to get heat off him seemed like setting up a lurky townie. I like his catchup posts, a lot.
Eevee - Said "That's a good way to prove your towniness, Lekkit" when Lekkit started going crazy with single word posts.  He was also Lekkit's counterwagon.

Captain_Frisk - Subtly tried to put some breaks on the lekkit lynch mentioning town meta. 

Maybe there's more but I'm still going through.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 17, 2012, 11:10:50 pm »

Town read on Jimmm. His vote doesn't feel like bussing and his read on Lekkit seems to naturally progress throughout the day.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: December 17, 2012, 11:17:27 pm »

I'm giving Yuma a minor bit of suspicion over this, (i think Frisk already pointed it out).

"I prefer an Eevee lynch. Or a scummy lurker lynch."  But when Jimmmm asked yuma about what scummy lurker was a good lynch, yuma didn't want to go for Lekkit
Quote from: yuma

1 – Robz888: 54
2 – Jimmmmm: 42
3 - cayvie: 33
4 - Eevee: 27
5 - Captain_Frisk: 34
6 - Abra655*>>> shraeye 5+9
7 - Lekkit: 13
8 - Cuzz: 18
9 - theorel: 23
10 - Watno >>> Galzria: 5+28
11 - yuma: 42
12 - Axxle: 57
13 – raerae-- who cares...

So from this I prefer the lynch of eevee. I have reread him and know what he has done this game pretty well. The others I haven't reread, so this is more based of memory.

cayvie, Cuzz are the first two that come to mind. Both the subins have substantially increased their posts since subbing in and I hate to hold them accountable for their predecessors. Lekkit rings same Lekkit as MVIII and I tried to lynch him (twice) and that turned out to be a disaster, so avoiding that again. Theorel has been the most substance per post and has been very town.

So yeah, cayvie and cuzz I could be ok with. But I am staying on Eevee.

Still, looking through yuma's business this is the only thing that stands out to me.  There are other things that really make me feel that yuma is town.  But for thoroughness I'd love to know how many people think the funny business is really scummy, and how many think it's just a bit odd.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 17, 2012, 11:21:02 pm »

I'm giving Yuma a minor bit of suspicion over this, (i think Frisk already pointed it out).

"I prefer an Eevee lynch. Or a scummy lurker lynch."  But when Jimmmm asked yuma about what scummy lurker was a good lynch, yuma didn't want to go for Lekkit
Quote from: yuma

1 – Robz888: 54
2 – Jimmmmm: 42
3 - cayvie: 33
4 - Eevee: 27
5 - Captain_Frisk: 34
6 - Abra655*>>> shraeye 5+9
7 - Lekkit: 13
8 - Cuzz: 18
9 - theorel: 23
10 - Watno >>> Galzria: 5+28
11 - yuma: 42
12 - Axxle: 57
13 – raerae-- who cares...

So from this I prefer the lynch of eevee. I have reread him and know what he has done this game pretty well. The others I haven't reread, so this is more based of memory.

cayvie, Cuzz are the first two that come to mind. Both the subins have substantially increased their posts since subbing in and I hate to hold them accountable for their predecessors. Lekkit rings same Lekkit as MVIII and I tried to lynch him (twice) and that turned out to be a disaster, so avoiding that again. Theorel has been the most substance per post and has been very town.

So yeah, cayvie and cuzz I could be ok with. But I am staying on Eevee.

Still, looking through yuma's business this is the only thing that stands out to me.  There are other things that really make me feel that yuma is town.  But for thoroughness I'd love to know how many people think the funny business is really scummy, and how many think it's just a bit odd.
I literally just read this and was going to post something about it.  I do find it scummy, but a few posts earlier his gentle nudge with explaining to Jimmmm about how a Robz lynch would be bad seemed very town to me. 

You're going down my list of town persons though since you keep making the "look how odd this is" scumtell.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 17, 2012, 11:21:50 pm »

No I certainly did not want to lynch Lekkit. I was extremely surprised that he flipped scum... well a little less surprised after he reacted to heavier pressure, but surprised nonetheless.

MVIII was one game before your time and it is still a pretty bitter memory for me. We no lynched day 1 because a lurker-Lekkit wagon stalled and then I started up the wagon again on Lekkit day 2 and got him lynched. That whole game was a disaster.

I felt that Lekkit was playing exactly the same as in MVIII, up to that point at least.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 17, 2012, 11:27:41 pm »

I dont know why i put off rereading this game this much, sorry guys, what shraeye just pointed out is pretty huge though imo, i'll vote: yuma

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 17, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

I dont know why i put off rereading this game this much, sorry guys, what shraeye just pointed out is pretty huge though imo, i'll vote: yuma
No, Eevee.  Reread yuma yourself first.  Don't look at one piece of info, say "that's pretty huge" and throw down a vote.  I think yuma explains himself well in response to what I said was only "minor suspicion".

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 17, 2012, 11:34:51 pm »

Vote: Captain Frisk

Stuff like this just seems very contrived:

So basically, you can't list a single game in which you were town and were near the bottom of the post count.  Got it.

Must.... resist..... urge.... to.... tunnel........ eevee.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Day 1 Started!
« Reply #861 on: December 17, 2012, 11:36:54 pm »

These are the combination of posts that left me with a scum read on Frisk. I've been holding off posting until we got more chatter going on in here. My D2 reasons stand as stated, but these had already stood out to me:

<crickets>

We've used 1/3 of our bankable days. We need to lynch. Someone. I find Eevee scummy, but I'm willing to put that off for another day.

Vote: Lekkit

I'm certainly willing to move my vote elsewhere. I've got no absolute reads, but if nothing else Lekkit's reaction to being called out for lurking is scummy - And the "I've got nothing to say, it's D1" is very unhelpful at best. I get it, D1 sucks. We all push to get through it though and make the best out of nothing. If nobody does anything, nothing happens.

I'm still suffering from mafia catchup overload, but I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here.  At the time of your vote - eevee lynch looks more viable, and yet you choose lekkit, and your reasoning is that he says he's bad at day 1 - which ignores eevee being scummy as recently as the last page:

Self meta arguments are meh, but no one else is saying this so... This is NOT AT ALL like scumEevee n RMM3.

The low post count is (as you point out) very out of character for you as town as well.
Not unheard of though. I'm often like this in day 1.

Lynching lurker lekkit lights my lovehandles too, but I'm just not sure I understand why you prefer one to the other.  Eevee's low involvement is semi out of character.  Lekkit's isn't. 

And why is nobody with me on RobZ?

In the above quote he really tries to redirect to any of the other wagons. He even gives me a "if all you cared about was viability" line which I find very fake. Of course that's not the case. In the second post below (same page, fwiw), he's suddenly willing to "consider" putting Lekkit at L-1... But that vote was NEVER forthcoming.

I still prefer RobZ, but in the interest of moving this forward, I would say that a reread of Lekkit's posts does seem plausible as scum-lurking.

Are we comfortable putting him at L-1?

Instead, we get the following quote, "prove to me this will work with evidence from previous games".

Man, I support the Lekkit lynch for LaLL and his reaction to being called out by the IC...

But I also can't get over f.DS leaving "Lynch Mafia, not Scum" somewhere in our history books.

I'm gonna stay on him for now, because I think we need a lynch to go through - and I'll probably be painted as a crazy hedger but whatever - but I really don't know.

Robz IS right when he said earlier that this matches Town!Lekkit Meta.

Equally however, Cayvie is right that Town!Meta Lekkit should not be difficult to mimic as Scum!Lekkit.

Blargh.

Still, LaLL stands, I think. It's something we don't actually follow through with frequently enough, and goodness how often it would hit scum if we did! So I'm happy (as happy as I can be) with my vote here.

Do we have data that suggests that the worst lurker has historically been scum?

Lastly, I switch my vote to Eevee in #556... And Frisk jumps all over it, without a moments pause. 13 posts later he takes my L-2 vote to L-1:

Ok - we did talk about an end of day tuesday thing right?

Vote: Eevee  I don't recall seeing him as his normal buddy buddy which drives me bonkers, but he's definitely posting less than normal.

Per Galz - this is L-1.

I was honestly left with the feeling that Frisk was really dragging the Lekkit lynch. Concerned about missing out if it was going to go down, but really, really wanting anybody but. Even when Lekkit was at L-2, he asked if we were ready for him to be L-1, then never put him there - but with Eevee, there was no hesitation and no questioning.

Dunno, but of everybody "off" the eventual Lekkit lynch, Frisk stands our the most hands down.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:17 pm »

No, Eevee.  Reread yuma yourself first.  Don't look at one piece of info, say "that's pretty huge" and throw down a vote.  I think yuma explains himself well in response to what I said was only "minor suspicion".
i think his repsonse wasn't adequate and also they he should be suspected more over that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 17, 2012, 11:38:50 pm »

... but i also really like galzria's frisk case.

like all the cases?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 17, 2012, 11:44:34 pm »

Vote Count 2.5

Captain_Frisk (4): Galzria, yuma, theorel, Axxle {L-2}
yuma (1): Eevee

Not Voting (6): shraeye, Captain_Frisk, cayvie, Cuzz, Jimmmmm, raerae

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on Wednesday, December 26, at 4:30 p.m. forum time.

Your three free days are gone and you have started using your bankable time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 17, 2012, 11:48:15 pm »

Can anybody tell me if Frisk and Eevee have a history of suspecting each other? Correctly or incorrectly, doesn't matter to me, just wondering if it is commonplace for those two?

Unrelated, but is Cayvie around?  Have I just missed her?

Frisk, still working on your reread.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 17, 2012, 11:53:57 pm »

Frisk seems to think we do. I don't feel I have a history of suspecting town-Frisk. He used to think I was scum like always though, I feel he has since learned. A bit.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:39 am »

At around  Vote Count 1.13, probably will catch up tomorrow at this rate. Taking a break for now.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 18, 2012, 12:03:05 am »

Can anybody tell me if Frisk and Eevee have a history of suspecting each other? Correctly or incorrectly, doesn't matter to me, just wondering if it is commonplace for those two?

No clue.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 18, 2012, 12:07:40 am »

Thanks, Eevee.  Good to know.

@Frisk, how much do you rely on meta-arguments for your reads?  Do you consider them to be more important early in the game or the same throughout?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: December 18, 2012, 12:24:03 am »

Ok, done with Frisk but not functional enough to post thoughtful thoughts so I'm just going to express my displeasure at his lynch...for now.  He seems a little townie, seems a little scummy.  I want to do a yuma reread and hear some Axxle thoughts before committing to anything.  I'll be around tomorrow night for that.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 18, 2012, 08:54:34 am »

@Frisk, how much do you rely on meta-arguments for your reads?  Do you consider them to be more important early in the game or the same throughout?

SEcond question first, I'd say that its not more any more important early than late.

As for how much I rely, that's a tough one.  Obviously I was wrong about RobZ, so it makes me question using meta at all, but I absolutely treat different people differently based on their previous play.  For example, if Morgrim was to come in here and self vote, I'd probably just shrug.  When Galzria did it in MXV - I jumped all over him.

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 18, 2012, 08:59:57 am »

SEcond question first, I'd say that its not more any more important early than late.

As for how much I rely, that's a tough one.  Obviously I was wrong about RobZ, so it makes me question using meta at all, but I absolutely treat different people differently based on their previous play.  For example, if Morgrim was to come in here and self vote, I'd probably just shrug.  When Galzria did it in MXV - I jumped all over him.

Which, as it happened, was more luck on your part than a good meta-read, as I had done so in 4 previous games, and been town in each. Just sayin'.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 18, 2012, 09:08:04 am »

Which, as it happened, was more luck on your part than a good meta-read, as I had done so in 4 previous games, and been town in each. Just sayin'.

It's unacceptable and you know it.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 18, 2012, 09:14:11 am »

It's unacceptable and you know it.

It's a fine and useful tool for town. Sometimes.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55  All

Page created in 1.881 seconds with 19 queries.