Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I don't even know where to begin  (Read 1086 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
I don't even know where to begin
« on: November 10, 2012, 05:01:05 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201211/10/game-20121110-133944-9b1da8d8.html

So what do you do with this Kingdom? I thought I would be able to ignore Mountebank because of Apothecary + Remake, but I was quite wrong... maybe it would have worked if I could have gotten more Apothecaries, but they were competing with Alchemist, and there was no +buy. So, would this just be a straight-forward Alchemist + Mountebank race maybe? My opponent picks up 1 Apothecary before Alchemists, which definitely seemed to help. The black Market had Goons, Familiar, Minion... we both thought it was worth going for, but I wonder if it should have just been Silver instead.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: I don't even know where to begin
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:34:45 pm »
+1

The problems with reactive play using Remake are that a) a single play of Remake decreases your handsize by 3 cards and doesn't help generate any sort of buying power, and b) it competes with Mountebank in the terminal slot. So while your opponent was enjoying playing a Mountebank nearly every turn for a +$2, you had to hope that you drew Remake with cards that you wanted to trash and did not get any additional buying power out of it. You can imagine that once your Remake fails to connect, or your Alch chain breaks, your momentum comes to a halt.

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:54:05 am »
+2

I get that black market has some nice cards, but how can you really envision a deck with remake, and not open with it?  I would think scheme/remake has to be the better opening, maybe remake/silver.  The order of acquiring should have been the other way around (with black market much later, like T7/8). 

verikt

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 04:31:17 pm »

I think oasis was a bad move. It just blocked your apoths. I would probably buy remake, but trash the estates to schemes and then only play it when I had two curses. Maybe even not discarding the curse in hand. The coppers were actually helping you. Or else remake the states to silver then another potion. For that matter, one transmute and all apoths might have been faster than alchs if you didn't trash. I think your turns trashing coppers were a mistake.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.