Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possible improvements?  (Read 726 times)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
Possible improvements?
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:51:15 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201211/09/game-20121109-014350-ef599f44.html

I tried to make a Worker's Village/Secret Chamber/Watchtower engine, and because I wasn't really thinking I did a really silly opening. I didn't really expect it to work at all, but somehow I managed to get over $10 on a few turns, ending the game with a double Province that gave me a loss (didn't track at all).

On this board, I'm pretty sure Oracle-BM beats both of us handily, but I'm wondering if WV/SC/Watchtower is actually reasonable or not. Maybe with another Village in case the WV pile runs out...
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
Re: Possible improvements?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:46:38 am »

If you're going to really follow through with this deck, and it is good enough to make me think it could play against oracle, there is absolutely no reason to really have any sort of coin in your deck.  You'd want to be able to get money from the secret chamber and not the treasures.  Think treasures in an minion deck, it isn't nearly as productive as it normally would be. 

Thus, upgrades should be of most importance to eliminate coppers and eventually silvers -> WV.  Golds aren't important whatsoever to this deck. That's the biggest improvement.  So T6 should have been an upgrade as well. 
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.