Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I unlocked the governor!  (Read 6787 times)

Serialian

• Steward
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
I unlocked the governor!
« on: November 08, 2012, 09:06:38 pm »
+2

And it was absurd!

I ended up beating all of the Act I's, half the dark ages act II and all of the main set's Acts...

I was using around 10 zaps a round for act III of the main set.

Luckily I was getting 20 coins a pop for a long time yesterday when I was trying to play multiplayer and it crashed right after start up a bunch of times in a row... circle of life?

I know it's being reworked, I know I should just be patient to get the promos... but I'm not a patient man and the grind was annoying at best.

Oh well... Only Envoy and Walled Village... and then Black market... and then Stash... damn it.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: I unlocked the governor!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

When I make it to 100 VP, I think I'll grab Walled Village. After that, I'll probably wait for Stash (although it'll probably be the very last card implemented, and I don't just mean of the promo cards).

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:17:05 am »

Congrats!

However, at the moment, one can only earn two promos! Even if you beat everything, there aren't enough points to unlock everything. Absurd in my opinion. And, it is a real grind. I know. Right now, I am going for Envoy. I always liked it more than Governor, but I like Governor as well. Right now, the adventures are a real pain in the ass. And, yah, Goko has been crashing a lot lately these days.

Serialian

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:14:38 am »

Well, I love envoy, but the way I saw it is that there are other cards that do similar things to envoy(big draws at a price) but there is nothing that does anything like governor.

Actually, governor dominates games so much that when it is vetoed on Iso I'm usually happy. It definitely is one of the power 5s, woe to the player who ignores it.

Walled Village and Stash are pretty meh. "Oh a village that is good when it screws up" and "A silver that I'm not smart enough to pay enough attention to my deck to make you work"

I think that black market and governor are really the promos that change the game landscape and therefore I think I have to prioritize them personally.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 08:18:38 pm »
+2

Well, I finally beat enough Adventure games to get both Walled Village and Envoy. It was a lot of fun, especially the Dark Ages adventures. They really helped me get familiar with the new cards so that I'll embarrass myself less once I start playing ranked games with them.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:31:25 pm »

Well, I finally beat enough Adventure games to get both Walled Village and Envoy. It was a lot of fun, especially the Dark Ages adventures. They really helped me get familiar with the new cards so that I'll embarrass myself less once I start playing ranked games with them.

Yah...I did beat the Dark Ages Adventure and got Envoy. I think I will go for Governor next, but you can't go wrong with an extra village. I made the mistake of playing ranked games with the new cards first...I went from number 10 on the pro board to like 40 something.  :-\ Anyway, these newest cards are kind of hard for me to grasp at times. I only feel comfortable with a few DA cards so far. Man, those games with DA only cards and lots of trashing and trashing options makes for some complicated confusing mind-warping games.

Serialian

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 10:32:31 pm »

Right now I've unlocked envoy as well so I'm working on Walled Village. Mathematically it's impossible to unlock all three right now... I think the math I did the other day puts around 280 total Victory Tokens up for grabs.

I've been playing the seaside campaign averaging around 5 zaps a round. If I can somehow plow through seaside and prosperity(or they actually make the adventures fair) that would put me on track to get walled shortly after cornicopia.

I'm being kinda obsessive here....

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 10:45:09 pm »

Right now I've unlocked envoy as well so I'm working on Walled Village. Mathematically it's impossible to unlock all three right now... I think the math I did the other day puts around 280 total Victory Tokens up for grabs.

I've been playing the seaside campaign averaging around 5 zaps a round. If I can somehow plow through seaside and prosperity(or they actually make the adventures fair) that would put me on track to get walled shortly after cornicopia.

I'm being kinda obsessive here....

Your math seems right. After Cornucopia, we should be able to get all 3 promos. But, then, I wonder about when they program Stash and Black Market, and I am assuming that likely new promos will be around. Well, they did promise tournaments which would be a way of getting VP, but how much VP does one get, and is it only awarded to the winner??? Right now, I really don't like the system they have in place to get the promos.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 05:20:41 am »

I just started playing adventures to unlock the promos. I won first two games of Base Act I (two stars game 1, one star game 2) but got no victory points for either of them - is it normal?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 05:29:08 am »
+2

I just started playing adventures to unlock the promos. I won first two games of Base Act I (two stars game 1, one star game 2) but got no victory points for either of them - is it normal?
Yes, you only get VP for "bosses" - every four levels.

hsiale

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 10:10:35 am »

Ah, so that's what the skull symbols are for. Thanks :)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 08:52:57 pm »

Ah, so that's what the skull symbols are for. Thanks :)

Just so you know, the small bosses get you 2VP, the boss at the end of an act give you 4VP, and the final boss at the end of the final act gives you 20 VP.

hsiale

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:04:27 am »

I finally got to 100 points and getting Governor - this took all of Base set adventure and 3 acts of Dark Ages (there are 4). The act 3 final boss gave 20 points, which was a nice surprise, I expected 4.

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 10:33:28 am »

I've already unlocked two Promos, and got about 1/5 for the third. Of all the campaigns Dark Ages (and Hinterlands to some extend) were by far the easiest. Maybe it's because they are most recent ones, and the difficulty for them has been adapted to a reasonable level.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:06:47 pm by kn1tt3r »

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 11:04:41 am »

I've already unlocked two Promos, and got about 1/5 for the third. Of all the campaigns Dark Ages (and Hinterlands to some extend) were by far the easiest. Maybe it's because they are most recent ones, and the difficulty for them has been adapted to a reasonable level.

Wait hinterlands has a campaign?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 11:10:34 am »

I thought that the easiest was one of the prosperity acts.  On roughly half the boards you could just build towards a crushing Goons megaturn and not even pay attention to your opponent gathering Provinces or Colonies.
Well you *do* need a signature...

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 12:06:36 pm »

Of course not. Don't know what I was remembering there.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 04:23:18 pm »
+1

I believe Trisha is working on it as we speak.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.