Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 142234 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #700 on: April 21, 2013, 12:01:52 am »

I like BM games! BMX is over, Insom open urs!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 21, 2013, 05:26:30 am »

Hey Arch, since you have RMM open for set-up, what do you think about having Cuzz jump you in line for the next regular game?

Maybe we can open his up for sign-ups soon.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 21, 2013, 11:52:50 am »

That's would be just fine! I don't the two games to overlap, so holding one of the two back is probably best.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 21, 2013, 12:13:31 pm »

If insom isn't gonna open his can morgrim? I wanna start my game!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 21, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »

Has someone PM'd Insom? I don't think he was planning on running it anymore with him being burnt out and all that, but you never know.

Side Note: I don't think a RMM game should start until BMIX has finished, but that's just my opinion.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 21, 2013, 08:13:50 pm »

Hi guys.  I made up an open-setup Harry Potter game.  Where should I post it?  I'd love any and all comments.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 21, 2013, 08:26:24 pm »

Hi guys.  I made up an open-setup Harry Potter game.  Where should I post it?  I'd love any and all comments.
/in

You probably want to run it by one of Robz or Galzria to make sure it's balanced. A second or third pair of eyes never hurts.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 21, 2013, 08:27:45 pm »

That's a good question.

Is your setup balanced? Will normal mafia play be the main point of the game, or is it more abut having fun with roles? I ask because these are sort of the determinations for whether a game is Role Madness or normally numeralized game.

It can be a tough distinction. We've had normal games that probably should have been role madness (Majora Arcana II, which was I beleive Mafia XVIII), and we've had role madness that would have worked perfectly well as normal games (I think ash's recent LOTR game qualifies).

You may want to have a veteran who doesn't intend to play the game take a look at it. Galzria, Insomniac, and jotheonah I believe have each expressed that they won't be plying mafia any time soon, so you might ask one of them.

I will PROBABLY play, so I'd rather not check your setup.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28:45 pm »

It's open set-up, so I think it's ok for anyone to see it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 21, 2013, 08:31:30 pm »

It's open set-up, so I think it's ok for anyone to see it.

You mean there's no private info? All the roles are public? If that's the case, I am happy to take a look. Or you could just go ahead and post it on the Forum Games page as "Harry Potter Mafia," and we can all take a look and weigh in on where it's RM or Regular or whatnot.

I'll have to take a look at the queue though... you may need to hold off on starting depending on what's ahead of you in line. I think there's at least one RM game ahead of you.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 21, 2013, 08:40:55 pm »

Has someone PM'd Insom? I don't think he was planning on running it anymore with him being burnt out and all that, but you never know.

Side Note: I don't think a RMM game should start until BMIX has finished, but that's just my opinion.
I just did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 21, 2013, 08:41:35 pm »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 22, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »

Potentially looking for a replacement for Morgrim in BMIX.  PM me!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 22, 2013, 06:09:39 pm »

Speaking of morgrim, he hasn't opened up his game yet, and insom has not replied to my PM. Can I open my game cuz it's completely ready, or should I wait for insom and morgrim to say something?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 22, 2013, 06:10:39 pm »

Speaking of morgrim, he hasn't opened up his game yet, and insom has not replied to my PM. Can I open my game cuz it's completely ready, or should I wait for insom and morgrim to say something?
Nvm just saw Insoms game.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 22, 2013, 09:27:14 pm »

So, I have two ideas for games in the making, not sure which one I'll run. One is an 8 player simple blitz game, the other a RMM game which I haven't decided how many players yet, somewhere from 10-13. So can I reserve spots for those? I'd probably rather do the RMM game, but there's a few of those in line, so that wouldn't be for awhile. Meanwhile, very soon there won't be any blitz games running or open for sign-up, but I'm not sure there's very much demand for a blitz game. Also, for a blitz game, I would need to be around a lot :P

Oh, flavor is probably monty python, but not a ton of flavor. Again, I haven't completely figured out the set-up for either yet.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 22, 2013, 10:19:35 pm »

So, I have two ideas for games in the making, not sure which one I'll run. One is an 8 player simple blitz game, the other a RMM game which I haven't decided how many players yet, somewhere from 10-13. So can I reserve spots for those? I'd probably rather do the RMM game, but there's a few of those in line, so that wouldn't be for awhile. Meanwhile, very soon there won't be any blitz games running or open for sign-up, but I'm not sure there's very much demand for a blitz game. Also, for a blitz game, I would need to be around a lot :P

Oh, flavor is probably monty python, but not a ton of flavor. Again, I haven't completely figured out the set-up for either yet.

I'd say you could sign up for both.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »

Well, I certainly don't want to run both at the same time, and will likely scrap whichever I don't use, or maybe give it to someone else for them to use. If the first goes well then I might want to run a second...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:45 pm »

Oh yeah I'm signing up for a BRMM game (can't decide if its BM or role madness, so it's both!)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »

Well, I certainly don't want to run both at the same time, and will likely scrap whichever I don't use, or maybe give it to someone else for them to use. If the first goes well then I might want to run a second...

Right. Well what I am saying is that if you run a blitz game in the next month that will likely be before your RMM game comes online since there isn't a que for blitz right now whereas there are about 4 games in front of you for the RMM games.

So you could sign up and host blitz in the next little bit and still sign up for RMM in the future.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23:54 pm »

Yuma - I see you're doing a Clue themed game.  I was just thinking the other day what good flavor that would be!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 22, 2013, 11:29:27 pm »

Yuma - I see you're doing a Clue themed game.  I was just thinking the other day what good flavor that would be!

yeah! I am trying to come up with a mini-game component to include that is similar to Clue the boardgame, but am having some trouble finding anything simple enough.

I am sure I will come up with something, I have a few months to figure it out.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 22, 2013, 11:39:13 pm »

yeah! I am trying to come up with a mini-game component to include that is similar to Clue the boardgame, but am having some trouble finding anything simple enough.

You could do it like Robz is and have a board. Then just randomly distribute cards. And then when a player dies, their card is revealed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 22, 2013, 11:47:33 pm »

You could do it like Robz is and have a board. Then just randomly distribute cards. And then when a player dies, their card is revealed.

Yes I thought of that, my concern is that often Clue can take a fair amount of turns to get to the point where someone can solve the murder. So I am looking for a way that will allow the mini-game to be solved in approx the same amount of time that it will take for the mafia game to be over.

I have a couple of things in mind... but nothing concrete yet.

and I would like there to be minimal work on my part... as well as minimal work on the part of the players. I don't want the mini-game to become more important than the mafia game. that is probably the part that is holding me back the most. Ultimately I may just toss the mini-game, but we will see.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 23, 2013, 12:12:48 am »

Yeaaaaa, run the blitz one a little bit after insoms blitz, they are by far my favorite because lurking is unacceptable.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 66  All

Page created in 2.388 seconds with 19 queries.