Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 142356 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:26 am »

If we get some more genuine first timers out of the blue, then I'll let the newbie game start before mine.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2013, 06:07:47 am »

I have been proposing limiting the games for MONTHS!

Too many games is why the new games don't fill up, its also why activity is waaay down on the games that ARE running.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2013, 06:37:43 am »

Would it be worth trying to get a shorter deadlines trend going?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2013, 09:41:50 am »

Hey guys, I just got an idea in conversation with Shraeye and TheMunch.  What if, instead of having a million fafillion games going at one time, we only have 1 real, 1 bastard, and 1 blitz game going at any one time?  Obviously people can't give 100% attention to 3 real games at once so why don't we slow it down a bit?  So as soon as one blitz games ends, another can begin?  That sort of thing.  Maybe this has been discussed already but I thought it was worth some discussion.

I don't like this, because well... I only play "real" games, and when I die, I would like there to be another one that I am playing or another one that will start soon, so I can play. Now you could say, well then play some other games! I could, but I don't enjoy them or the schedule doesn't work with me. And I could say, yes... we could only have 1 game going at a time, or people could have self control and only join 1 game at a time if that is all they could handle. I don't think we need 10 games going all at once, but limiting it to one at a time doesn't seem right either.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:55 am »

I think having 2 normal games, 1 of everything else is the best.

Like yuma said, some people only play normal games, and when those end, there's really nothing else for them to do.

I also think that we shouldn't have blitz games running constantly. I mean, I like them as much as the next guy, but they seem to take away a lot of time from some of the other games.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 06, 2013, 12:28:04 pm »

I think having 2 normal games, 1 of everything else is the best.

Like yuma said, some people only play normal games, and when those end, there's really nothing else for them to do.

I also think that we shouldn't have blitz games running constantly. I mean, I like them as much as the next guy, but they seem to take away a lot of time from some of the other games.

Disagree with the blitz part. Blitz is my favorite form of mafia nowadays
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2013, 01:32:13 pm »

Robz still plays like a newb, so it should be okay.

+888

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2013, 01:34:15 pm »

Would it be worth trying to get a shorter deadlines trend going?

Bankable deadlines, I fully support.  Flat-out shorter deadlines (like, 1 week per day), I don't support.  Too much bad play resulting from deadline pressure, in my experience.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »

If newbie game still needs a co-mod when it launches, I'm happy to do so.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2013, 05:41:30 pm »

Robz, how is your bankers game coming?  You are up next in a few weeks, I think.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2013, 06:10:46 pm »

Robz, how is your bankers game coming?  You are up next in a few weeks, I think.

My game is coming along very well. I have a very good sense of what it will look like. I still have to finalize some details. I would be able to open signups at any time, but things still seem a bit busy at the moment. Maybe I will post a signup sheet when M-XVIII ends?

I want a lot of people for the game, though I think the consensus is that more than like 18 or something is just too much.

The system is going to be very unique. Everyone will begin as Vanilla. There will only be 2 different PMs (I think): Vanilla Townie, and Mafia Goon. Basically, there will be a "world map/dungeon" of sorts for players to roam during the Night phase. Exploration of the dungeon will be how players gain powers. They will need to trade in money to buy powers from various stores. Money will be gained by earning various game-related accomplishments during day/night.

It's less insane than it sounds. A regular mafia game, I assure you, with a very new system for getting the powers.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2013, 06:12:08 pm »

My game is coming along very well. I have a very good sense of what it will look like. I still have to finalize some details. I would be able to open signups at any time, but things still seem a bit busy at the moment. Maybe I will post a signup sheet when M-XVIII ends?

I want a lot of people for the game, though I think the consensus is that more than like 18 or something is just too much.

The system is going to be very unique. Everyone will begin as Vanilla. There will only be 2 different PMs (I think): Vanilla Townie, and Mafia Goon. Basically, there will be a "world map/dungeon" of sorts for players to roam during the Night phase. Exploration of the dungeon will be how players gain powers. They will need to trade in money to buy powers from various stores. Money will be gained by earning various game-related accomplishments during day/night.

It's less insane than it sounds. A regular mafia game, I assure you, with a very new system for getting the powers.

I better find Geno, (and NOT Mallow)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2013, 06:13:12 pm »

Robz, that sounds awsome! Want a hand?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2013, 06:14:48 pm »

HOw many grues are in the game?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2013, 06:17:31 pm »

Sure! I'll send you some info when I have it written down. Right now it's all in my head. I go running everyday and plan it out mentally.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2013, 06:17:55 pm »

[
HOw many grues are in the game?

I dont think its set in Norway....

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2013, 06:18:31 pm »

I better find Geno, (and NOT Mallow)

Ha! That would be awesome. However, this game will be Dominion themed and Treasure themed. The dungeon is the Bank, the VTs are Coppersmiths, the mafia are Mountebanks, etc.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:33 pm »

Sure! I'll send you some info when I have it written down. Right now it's all in my head. I go running everyday and plan it out mentally.

Please do!

I so wanted to do a rpg mafia like what you seem to be planning, one of the many ideas on my spreadsheet! Haha

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2013, 06:22:28 pm »

Please do!

I so wanted to do a rpg mafia like what you seem to be planning, one of the many ideas on my spreadsheet! Haha

Cool, cool. Yeah, this is basically going to be along those lines, while still not overriding the main thing, which is still mafia.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2013, 06:24:46 pm »

Of course, mafia is always the key thing!

I'll pass any ideas i had over to you in case you wanted to incorporate them.

The banker titled used earlier also made me think of my deal or no deal mafia!

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »

Will this happen when you gain one of these powers?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2013, 07:08:40 pm »

Will this happen when you gain one of these powers?

Yes!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2013, 07:17:24 pm »

Seeing as there are a few RMMs in the works, I think now would be a good time for me to put my name down for one at some point in the distant future. I have some very new ideas (as in I came up with them last night), and I'd like a more experienced mod to have a look at them for me at some stage.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »

Seeing as there are a few RMMs in the works, I think now would be a good time for me to put my name down for one at some point in the distant future. I have some very new ideas (as in I came up with them last night), and I'd like a more experienced mod to have a look at them for me at some stage.

Got you down for RMM8.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2013, 11:26:51 pm »

Of course, mafia is always the key thing!

I'll pass any ideas i had over to you in case you wanted to incorporate them.

The banker titled used earlier also made me think of my deal or no deal mafia!

/in. I freaking love Deal or No Deal.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.