Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]  All

Author Topic: BMXIII: Shadows Over Camelot (Day 4! PM for speccy!)  (Read 59205 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BMXIII: Shadows Over Camelot (Day 4! PM for speccy!)
« Reply #650 on: October 08, 2013, 10:58:18 pm »

PMs.

Twistedarcher:

Flavor Name: Sir Bailey

Mafia Name: 1-shot Knifeproof

Alignment: Town (Order). You win when all threats to Camelot have been brought to light.

Welcome to BMXIII: Shadows over Camelot! What do you mean you're not a member of the Round Table? Oh well. Still doesn't mean you can't help destroy some Siege Engines!

You come equipped with some of the toughest chain mail out there. It should hopefully protect against any kills from traitorous backstabbers!

The first kill that affects you will fail. You will not be notified when your knifeproof has been used up.

Please /confirm by PM.

ashersky:

Flavor Name: Sir Destry

Mafia Name: Even-Night Commuter

Alignment: Town (Order). You win when all threats to Camelot have been brought to light.

Welcome to BMXIII: Shadows over Camelot! What do you mean you're not a member of the Round Table? Oh well. Still doesn't mean you can't help destroy some Siege Engines!

You've been victorious in many battles and are worth a lot to the king. You are the greatest defender the kingdom has ever seen! On even nights, you may leave the kingdom to go fight the siege engines in hand to hand combat. All night actions that affect you, including night kills, will fail while you're away and 1 Siege Engine will be removed from Camelot from fighting it in battle.

Please confirm by PM!

sudgy:

Flavor Name: Dame Natalie

Mafia Name: Beloved Niece

You’re King Arthur’s favorite Knight. Why? Well, you are his niece, after all. King Arthur loves you so much, in fact, that if you were to die, he would hold for you the grandest funeral in the land. Everybody will be attending, of course, and they won’t be able to stop 2 Siege Engines from rolling into Camelot.

Please confirm by PM.

chairs:

Flavor Name: Dame Josephine

Mafia Name: Delayed Defender

You want to help the order, and you’re not afraid to take a gamble! Your plan may seem risky at first, but the payoff is worth it.

Every night, you may invite in two Siege Engines, with your spies on them. When you have invited in a total of 4 Siege Engines, on the next night you may instead command your spies to destroy 6 Siege Engines.

Please confirm by PM.

Jimwithfivems/Voltaire:

Flavor Name: Dame Sylvia

Mafia Name: Backstabber

You may look innocent, but you’re ready to betray the order at any time!

Whenever the Traitor dies, you will be given their original Role PM that will replace yours. Your win condition will switch from Order to Traitor. If you die before the Traitor is killed, your alignment will still be shown as Order because you have not yet betrayed the Order.

Please confirm by PM.

Galzria:

Flavor Name: Sir Vander

Mafia Name: Trap

Welcome to BMXIII: Shadows over Camelot! What do you mean you’re not a member of the Round Table? Oh well. Still doesn't mean you can’t help destroy some Siege Engines!

You are quite the fighter and will never go down without some kind of revenge. When you are night killed (trashed), you will immediately stab your sword into the killer.

Please confirm by PM.

shraeye:

Flavor Name: Dame Anna

Mafia Name: 1-shot Vigilante

You aren't the most noble of knights (you hang around in the trash a lot), but you sure pack a punch! Once at night, you may target a player. That player will be night killed. However, if you misfire and hit a member of the Order, you were go into an angry frenzy and remove 1 Siege Engine from Camelot.

Please confirm by PM.

Kooshie:

Flavor Name: Dame Molly

Mafia Name: Mailman

You’ve never actually fought it a battle, you’re more of just a messenger, but armies need messengers too!

Each night, you may PM me a 200 word or less message as well as a recipient for the message. The message can say whatever you want it to say, just don’t include your name. I can also redact anything that I choose too. I will then send that message to the player you told me to send it to. They will not know who sent it and they won’t be able to respond. You may use this power N0 if you wish.

Please confirm by PM (I will count your N0 message as a confirm.)

Kooshie's message to ashersky:
You were just sitting around when someone slipped you a note. You looked for who it was, but they were gone.

Hello, Ashersky.  This is [REDACTED].  The thing on shraeye was just a discussion topic.  The game was going slowly, I wanted to speed it up.  The vote wasn't really serious, I was probably going to take it off soon after hearing what others had to say.  I will say this(and probably more)on Day 4.

Hope Mail-mi doesn't change this up too much, [REDACTED].

Also, when you were done reading, someone stabbed a lance into you. I'll give you the dead players quicktopic when I have a computer that doesn't have it blocked.

liopoil:

Flavor Name: Sir Michael

Mafia Name: Hopeful Roleblocker

You've a big threat to everyone, but the King is convinced that your intentions are good and invited you to join the Order. Hopefully you'll be able to put your intimidation skills to good use. Each night, you may Roleblock a player. If they are not the Traitor, 1 Siege Engine will be scared by your ferocity and be removed from Camelot.

Please confirm by PM.

Jimmmmmm:

Flavor Name: Sir Martin

Mafia Name: Deadly Doctor

Medical School was rough, but it allowed you to help your fellow knights in battle, at whatever the cost. Each night, you may target 1 player. That player will be immune to all night kills. You may protect up to two other additional players.  That will cause the castle guard’s watch to go down and a Siege Engine will be added to Camelot per player.

Please confirm by PM.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:13 pm »

SECRET HISTORY OF THIS GAME:

I wanted a game with no scum. So, I PM'd arche and we started coming up with plans. Of course, first we had to decide how everyone was NK'd. Easy enough, everyone had an unknown Vengekill part of their role. It started out as 12 survivors, then arche mentioned the game Shadows over Camelot. I had just gotten Dark Ages, and I made the connection--Knights, Shadows over Camelot. The premise was to be that there was only 1 traitor (that didn't actually exist) and there were siege engines that the people had to defeat. There were ways to get rid of siege engines other than NA, and I'll give those eventually. When the game had 12 people, King Arthur and Sir Lancelot were incuded, as the Beloved King and Deadly Doctor. Dame Natalie and Sir Martin were both just Flavor Cops. And, of course, each Knight had something in common, and that was the Vengekill portion, King Arthur and Lancelot could not vengekill. But, the game wasn't filling up fast enough, so we scratched King Arthur and his trusty knight, and replaced the two Flavor Cops with Beloved Niece and Deadly Doctor. So yeah.

I had fun, but from the responses I got i guess you guys didn't have too much. Well, I promise none of my other games will be like this. Thanks for Playing!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 08, 2013, 11:41:59 pm »

Night Actions!

N1:
Chairs adds 2 siege engines
1 is added from mail-mi
Liopoil vengekills chairs! Now he won't be able to get rid of the extra two!
Shraeye does not kill anyone
Kooshie does not send a message.
Jimmmmm doctors TA. Lol at Jimmmmm doctoring the CLAIMED KNIFE-PROOF.

N2:
Ashersky fights siege engines.
mail-mi adds 1,
TA kills Volt (the closest to "traitor" there is)
Jimmmmm docs ashersky

Day 3 (I think) Because ashersky says there is no traitor, one gets removed.

N3:
shraeye kills ashersky
mail-mi adds 1
Kooshie sends message to ashersky

Day 4: Because all were either on wagon or not voting, 3 were destroyed.

N4:
mail-mi adds one.
Jimmmm protects galz and sudgy, adding 1.
Kooshie kills Jimmmm.

QTs:
Mod: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/FVEPedqAEYH
Spectator: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/2t2QqMTaFsDp

Best spectator moment: nkirbit sends me this PM:
My guess about the game mechanics:

There actually isn't a traitor!  All they have to do is satisfy some win condition before they get run over by catapults.. they just don't know what it is yet!

Completely wild guess haha... doubt it's right.

Dead People: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/ApcnEGEdBV2J
Pregame stuff: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/evVpsw4ZUPb

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 08, 2013, 11:48:25 pm »

Woo!

Yeah. I liked the premise, but I wish you didn't do a PINL thing and just told the truth. When the mod possibly could be lying to you, it gives a much different feel to the game. I think that was the main reason people couldn't get into this.

One of the ideas I had (I think it's in the Mod QT?) was that we'd tell everyone that they'd replace the Traitor if he died. THAT would've been a hilarious game. "Are you guys sure we should kill the Traitor? Maybe he's not such a bad guy!"

But yeah, fun stuff. Thanks for letting me help you create the setup and co-mod, mail-mi!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 09, 2013, 12:33:38 am »

Yeah, the Mod lying thing is just too much for me.

My BM game with Arch has no lying.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 09, 2013, 01:40:00 am »

Jimmmmm doctors TA. Lol at Jimmmmm doctoring the CLAIMED KNIFE-PROOF.

Hehe whoops, shows how much attention I was paying. My thought process was "Oh better protect someone. TA's been pretty good for Town in other games (I was thinking of LotR 2), so he might be high on the scum kill priority."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 09, 2013, 01:41:23 am »

I didn't really like the idea of having only one scum.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]  All

Page created in 2.63 seconds with 20 queries.