Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Donald X's Scout Joke  (Read 3630 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Donald X's Scout Joke
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:05:26 pm »
+9

Truly epic:

They should add a bot that chats though, that would be cool once ever for two minutes. It would be all "GG" after your turn one Witch, and "really, I don't see it" after you buy Scout.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/846311/any-word-from-rio-grande-or-donald-x-on-the-whole/page/6
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
Re: Donald X's Scout Joke
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:12:36 pm »
+3

I also love in that thread (and here, except we are cooler) that people are expecting Donald to come out and state its a terrible implementation and surprised when he doesnt agree with them when they say its bad

RGG are paying him money, he is going to be trying to put it in as positive light as he can!

One of the payroll software clients that my firm produces is shite, our old system was much better. Do i tell the clients on the new system that? Of course i don't, i highlight its good points, take suggestions for improvements and try not to throw keyboards at people in rages
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:00:54 pm »
+2

I also love in that thread (and here, except we are cooler) that people are expecting Donald to come out and state its a terrible implementation and surprised when he doesnt agree with them when they say its bad

RGG are paying him money, he is going to be trying to put it in as positive light as he can!

One of the payroll software clients that my firm produces is shite, our old system was much better. Do i tell the clients on the new system that? Of course i don't, i highlight its good points, take suggestions for improvements and try not to throw keyboards at people in rages

And this is why I've said repeatedly that I blame Jay (who never seems to post in those sorts of threads) and feel quite sorry for Donald (who always seems to end up Jay's messenger).
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »
+1

I've felt that Donald is always pretty honest with regards to Goko I don't feel like he's saying he likes it in general because he's paid to I think he does. I do think he basically has to say he likes it but I think he is being sincere. I get this feeling because he isn't afraid to say what he DOESN'T like about the implementation.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 05:49:09 pm »
+7

I've felt that Donald is always pretty honest with regards to Goko I don't feel like he's saying he likes it in general because he's paid to I think he does. I do think he basically has to say he likes it but I think he is being sincere. I get this feeling because he isn't afraid to say what he DOESN'T like about the implementation.
Thanks, I personally feel like I've badmouthed them/it plenty. Say something I agree with - "the avatars suck" - and I will agree with you. If I felt like I couldn't say bad things about them, I wouldn't say anything, even if the only things I had to say were positive.

I am not motivated by money here. I have put in many hours of work on this thing, but that's just because I wanted the campaigns to be better and the cards to work correctly and so on. I don't know if the online version will make a noticeable amount of money; it will be nice if it does.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 05:51:43 pm »

To clarify, i'm not saying you are lying when you come out and say what you like about it or dislike, just that people expecting you to come out and agree with them that it is an awful implementation are being moronic for a ariety of reasons!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 06:05:27 pm »
+1

I also work in the software world, and have been on both sides of that issue.  As the vendor - you want to get everyone on the new version to control support (nobody wants to release patches for old versions).

As the consumer, you don't want to upgrade because it costs you money (you have to retest, you have to convert, and sometimes there are new bugs that break stuff)

I agree that Donald has been far more candid than I would expect someone in his position to be, but with 2 SdJ's under his belt, he's probably not terribly invested in the digital version, and he'd probably rather retain the respect of the community than be an obvious shill for a product that is not receiving universal critical acclaim.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 06:08:25 pm »

No matter what, I assume anyone would probably rather retain the respect of the people he works with rather than random people on the internet, which the "community" is. Your last sentence makes no sense, C_F.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »
+1

No matter what, I assume anyone would probably rather retain the respect of the people he works with rather than random people on the internet, which the "community" is. Your last sentence makes no sense, C_F.

Replace the word community with customers and it works a bit better?

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.433 seconds with 21 queries.