Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54  All

Author Topic: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: GAME OVER! FLAWLESS TOWN WIN (sort of)!  (Read 114218 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: (Day 1) PM for Spectator QT
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2012, 02:04:04 pm »

I think I explained that, clearly. There's usually plenty of other activity that I don't need to be the leader. Here, we have just 12 pages a couple days from the deadline (and the original deadline was earlier!). That's hardly enough info to get good reads. I'm trying to create discussion because a lot of the typical discussion leaders just aren't. I think the setclaim, while probably a fine pursuit for scumhunting on later days, has really slowed us down today. Nothing is happening, and how are we supposed to develop reads when nothing is happening? So I try to make things happen and foster discussion. I'm apparently not cut out for it.

But the fact that you are trying, while nobody else is, is what makes me sort of suspicious.

I take issue with the bolded section. I actually think both Frisk and I have been doing so, albeit in different fashions. I feel I'm offering theory's and points of discussion while Frisk is fishing. ;D
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

I think I explained that, clearly. There's usually plenty of other activity that I don't need to be the leader. Here, we have just 12 pages a couple days from the deadline (and the original deadline was earlier!). That's hardly enough info to get good reads. I'm trying to create discussion because a lot of the typical discussion leaders just aren't. I think the setclaim, while probably a fine pursuit for scumhunting on later days, has really slowed us down today. Nothing is happening, and how are we supposed to develop reads when nothing is happening? So I try to make things happen and foster discussion. I'm apparently not cut out for it.

But the fact that you are trying, while nobody else is, is what makes me sort of suspicious.

This logic seems incredibly backwards. Lurking through the game is what lost hydra mafia for the town (and probably has lost town other games). And I was totally guilty of it day 1 in hydra because if everyone else is lurking, I could totally get away with it! And it was great for the mafia. If, by trying to create discussion, I succeed in creating discussion, how is that bad? If no one else is trying, should I match their apathy? When I'm town, I like my games to be active, and if it takes me trying to get others to talk, I will.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2012, 02:05:29 pm »

By the way, this is the worst case I've ever made against anyone, ever.

DoMafia I: Leave your logic at the door!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 20, 2012, 02:05:49 pm »

This logic seems incredibly backwards. Lurking through the game is what lost hydra mafia for the town (and probably has lost town other games). And I was totally guilty of it day 1 in hydra because if everyone else is lurking, I could totally get away with it! And it was great for the mafia. If, by trying to create discussion, I succeed in creating discussion, how is that bad? If no one else is trying, should I match their apathy? When I'm town, I like my games to be active, and if it takes me trying to get others to talk, I will.

Well, sure, you're exactly right. I've just got this hunch, man.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 20, 2012, 02:05:55 pm »

I take issue with the bolded section. I actually think both Frisk and I have been doing so, albeit in different fashions. I feel I'm offering theory's and points of discussion while Frisk is fishing. ;D

Clearly.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2012, 02:06:12 pm »

Yeah, I'd be pretty angry with me, if I was you.

All ready to lynch Dsell, now?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2012, 02:07:16 pm »

The thing is, if you drive the discussion, you get to decide where it's going. And more importantly, where it's not going.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2012, 02:09:32 pm »

We could lynch you instead. Would that work?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 20, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »

Should I remind people that Robz is terrible at reading me? In MIII he was sure I was mafia (was town) and in MIV, for most of the game, he thought I was town (mafia).

@Jo, that is such a generic statement that could be applied to absolutely anyone who's ever driven discussion in a game of mafia ever. Care to give me some specifics about where I've steered the conversation away from? And don't say I tried to take heat off of Frisk because 1) I seriously thought it was because of that RVS, and 2) I hardly see how making an exclamatory post filled with excessive punctuation is really steering the conversation away from his lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 20, 2012, 02:13:16 pm »

Should I remind people that Robz is terrible at reading me? In MIII he was sure I was mafia (was town) and in MIV, for most of the game, he thought I was town (mafia).

Ehh... I'm not really making an argument against you specific to your meta, though. And that was a long time ago.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2012, 02:14:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure Robz has used up all of his strong, pro-town personas and is now trying on the new-agey Robz costume.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 20, 2012, 02:16:24 pm »

Ehh... I'm not really making an argument against you specific to your meta, though. And that was a long time ago.

I don't believe I was saying you were. I didn't have a meta back then, those were my first and second games. You're just bad at reading me. Your arguments might be better if you WERE using my meta.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2012, 02:18:07 pm »

@Jo, that is such a generic statement that could be applied to absolutely anyone who's ever driven discussion in a game of mafia ever. Care to give me some specifics about where I've steered the conversation away from? And don't say I tried to take heat off of Frisk because 1) I seriously thought it was because of that RVS, and 2) I hardly see how making an exclamatory post filled with excessive punctuation is really steering the conversation away from his lynch.

That was more a critique of your argument (Why wouldn't I be laying low?) than an accusation per se. Worth mentioning: you've managed to take quite a bit of heat off Frisk, albeit by taking on to yourself.

Next time I'm not at work, I want to look back and see if you have been subtly steering the discussion elsewhere. Will certainly be enlightening.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 20, 2012, 02:20:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure Robz has used up all of his strong, pro-town personas and is now trying on the new-agey Robz costume.

"Pro-town" is just a social construct. You'll see, once we've all been reincarnated into cats.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 20, 2012, 02:20:46 pm »

"Pro-town" is just a social construct. You'll see, once we've all been reincarnated into cats.

Shhh! Sign-ups haven't opened for my bastard game yet! ;D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2012, 02:23:08 pm »

Dsell, to be honest, I didn't at all find the original case on you all that compelling. I'm rather surprised it gained steam so quickly and easily.

However you're making a TON of self-meta arguments, which of course always read scummy trying to point to "But I'm not like this as scum". Working for you here though, is that I probably do this FAR more than any other player, and I'm almost always town when I do. Doesn't ever save me from suspicion, and I often get lynched over it, but still. Doesn't read well in general, weather you're town OR scum.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 20, 2012, 02:29:57 pm »

@Galz, I'm just not even sure what I'm defending myself against. This wagon has formed and grown inexplicably and so fast. If there were specific arguments I'd be happy to address them, but as it is all I feel like it's all I can say. I've never really made these arguments much before. I'm starting to marvel at how you're able to navigate suspicion and ever stay alive till the end! XD

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 20, 2012, 02:38:09 pm »

I know in voting Dsell, but to be fair the case against him is such that he cant really defend himself any other way.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 20, 2012, 02:45:31 pm »

I know in voting Dsell, but to be fair the case against him is such that he cant really defend himself any other way.

Would you say you are sheeping Robz?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 20, 2012, 02:46:03 pm »

Would you say you are sheeping Robz?
At least partially, for sure. Agreeing with his analysis is maybe more accurate.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 20, 2012, 02:46:33 pm »

@Galz, I'm just not even sure what I'm defending myself against. This wagon has formed and grown inexplicably and so fast. If there were specific arguments I'd be happy to address them, but as it is all I feel like it's all I can say. I've never really made these arguments much before. I'm starting to marvel at how you're able to navigate suspicion and ever stay alive till the end! XD

It's easy. Choose wrong in lylo enough and scum never want to see you dead!

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2012, 02:48:21 pm »

It's easy. Choose wrong in lylo enough and scum never want to see you dead!

I am simultaneously thrilled and frustrated by this statement.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2012, 02:59:15 pm »

Dsell, to be honest, I didn't at all find the original case on you all that compelling. I'm rather surprised it gained steam so quickly and easily.

However you're making a TON of self-meta arguments, which of course always read scummy trying to point to "But I'm not like this as scum". Working for you here though, is that I probably do this FAR more than any other player, and I'm almost always town when I do. Doesn't ever save me from suspicion, and I often get lynched over it, but still. Doesn't read well in general, weather you're town OR scum.

hmmmm

galz-dsell scumteam?

this reads like coaching to me
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 20, 2012, 03:00:53 pm »

hmmmm

galz-dsell scumteam?

this reads like coaching to me

Yeah, I good see it. Not for sure, but I could see it.

I think there is an informational benefit to a Dsell lynch too, at this point. If Dsell flips town, let's take a look at who got on the wagon real easy like. If he flips scum, let's quick lynch everybody who defended him even slightly.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 20, 2012, 03:01:05 pm »

Yeah I COULD** see it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54  All

Page created in 1.777 seconds with 20 queries.