Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: How much Dominion do you actually own IRL?  (Read 11375 times)

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: How much Dominion do you actually own IRL?
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 05:58:37 pm »

Everything currently published, including the promos. It's a good thing I own it all in card form, because I love how Dark Ages changes things up in other sets but there's no way I'm paying for Goko as is.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »

(only Cornucopia is, and the translation is so bad that two cards needed an errata because a mistake changed their gameplay)

Intrigued. What did they do?

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 07:40:02 pm »

(only Cornucopia is, and the translation is so bad that two cards needed an errata because a mistake changed their gameplay)

One I know of is they parsed Tournament badly, so it says that, to gain a prize, you must reveal a province AND nobody else does.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 11:02:06 pm »

I personally own Dominion, Seaside, and Prosperity.

I enjoy Seaside the most out of them all, and advise any one with just the base game to pick this up as their first expansion for these reasons:

1. Balanced cards. There aren't many cards in this set that are way to swingy. Sure Ambassador and Sea Hag are, but they aren't as bad as Tournament or King's Court.

2. Interesting Cards. There are some really cool cards, functionally, in this set. Ambassador is a nice twist on trashing. Lookout, though weak, is still one of my favorite cards to play with. Not to mention all the Durations! They are really fun to play with (as long as you remember to leave them out!).

The Base Dominion is of course good. But the cards there are pretty bland, but that is expected for the first set.

Prosperity, in my mind, has way to overpowered of cards, and can have most games with it comprised of you just sitting there while your opponent goes, "City, City, City, King's Court, City, Goons, Goons, Goons, buy 2 Goons and 50 thousand Coppers, revealing a Watchtower to trash them,". I know some people really enjoy these sort of games, but I don't.

Overall, I'm pretty content with what I have. I'll probably buy Dark Ages just because it's a blast (been cycling through cards by using blanks :P). We have a pretty big gaming group, and Dominion with 7 players doesn't have much strategy. Will most likely buy a couple sets on Goko (once they get everything figured out) and play 1 on 1 with my friends there.

RiemannZetaJones

• Thief
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 11:31:19 pm »

Everything including all promos, except the Base Card set.

Forge!!!

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +128
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 11:35:09 pm »

Finally got the last card I needed, Walled Village, about a week ago =)

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 12:37:31 am »

Everything except promos and the Base Cards.
Stop reading my signature.

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 08:13:41 am »

I enjoy Seaside the most out of them all, and advise any one with just the base game to pick this up as their first expansion for these reasons:

1. Balanced cards. There aren't many cards in this set that are way to swingy. Sure Ambassador and Sea Hag are, but they aren't as bad as Tournament or King's Court.

2. Interesting Cards. There are some really cool cards, functionally, in this set. Ambassador is a nice twist on trashing. Lookout, though weak, is still one of my favorite cards to play with. Not to mention all the Durations! They are really fun to play with (as long as you remember to leave them out!).

The Base Dominion is of course good. But the cards there are pretty bland, but that is expected for the first set.

Prosperity, in my mind, has way to overpowered of cards, and can have most games with it comprised of you just sitting there while your opponent goes, "City, City, City, King's Court, City, Goons, Goons, Goons, buy 2 Goons and 50 thousand Coppers, revealing a Watchtower to trash them,". I know some people really enjoy these sort of games, but I don't.

Overall, I'm pretty content with what I have. I'll probably buy Dark Ages just because it's a blast (been cycling through cards by using blanks :P). We have a pretty big gaming group, and Dominion with 7 players doesn't have much strategy. Will most likely buy a couple sets on Goko (once they get everything figured out) and play 1 on 1 with my friends there.

Seaside is my favorite expansion too!  However, for most people that have large groups that they play with, I would suggest getting Intrigue second.  It allows for one 6P game, or two 3P or 4P games.  Prosperity does have a lot of extremely powerful cards that are a little advanced for people starting out.  Definitely get seaside 2nd or 3rd.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 09:30:38 am »

One I know of is they parsed Tournament badly, so it says that, to gain a prize, you must reveal a province AND nobody else does.

meh, my English speaking friends and I interpreted it that way for quite some time.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 12:45:11 pm »

Seaside is my favorite expansion too!  However, for most people that have large groups that they play with, I would suggest getting Intrigue second.  It allows for one 6P game, or two 3P or 4P games.  Prosperity does have a lot of extremely powerful cards that are a little advanced for people starting out.  Definitely get seaside 2nd or 3rd.
I agree. Intrigue was the second set I actually played with (a friend had it) and it worked really well for our big group (even though we all quit at the end because we kept using Saboteour on each other).

So we ended up getting Seaside for some variety if we wanted to play with them. They happened to get Seaside too (kinda ruined the point of us getting it :P)
but Seaside is still my preference when paying with a few number of people.
)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 06:54:47 pm »

Yes, the more I play with goons, the less I like them. KC and City are powerful but interesting. Goons is just an overpowered and boring card. Not to mention Mountebank.

Willvon

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 09:48:18 pm »

I basically just play IRL.  So I own all of them, including promos, except for Alchemy and the Base cards.  Shuffliing doesn't bother me at all.  I know that online is quicker, but I do like the feel of the cards in my hand.  It also allows us to play the game at each one's personal pace without feeling rushed like I do if I play online.

Setup is not hard at all.  I have all of my cards held in two decorative boxes that we have sitting out at the table we play on.  That way it is easy access to the game whenever we want to play.  I use the randomizers to choose the kingdom each time.  In fact, I like to shuffle the whole pile together and then go through them 10 at a time (unless of course there is a bane).  That way we go through all of the cards in the deck over a period of time and then reshuffle and start over.

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 11:30:41 pm »

So it seems like most people who voted have most of the expansions. I only have the Base set IRL :-[
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 11:48:48 pm »
+1

So it seems like most people who voted have most of the expansions. I only have the Base set IRL :-[

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 12:27:40 am »

I don't have any :( Nobody I could play with IRL, realistically.

I can't submit a vote with no boxes checked, though.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 03:47:49 am »

As Tables already said, Tournament worked not as it should. Also Menagerie's wording was so unclear that without looking at the English version it was very hard to decide what the card is doing - more or less "if all cards in your hand have other titles, +3 cards", without specifying other than what.

The errata was issued half a year after the set was released.

TWoos

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +89
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2012, 01:19:35 pm »

There's no option for the promo cards.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 05:54:24 pm »

Yeah, I figured adding the promos would be silly, because, that's five options for single cards, and they're only Promotional cards anyway.

Edit: Bit pointless now, probably, but added a none option for those with nothing who want to add their numbers. Yes because of the way the survey is set up, you can vote none along with other things, oh well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:56:20 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 02:58:13 am »

I'm actually getting the promos quite soon.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ddubois

• Spy
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 04:22:47 pm »

Amazon Big Box (base + alchemy + prosperity) represent!

Plus I bought Dark Agesa few weeks ago, since it can't be played on Iso.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 2.004 seconds with 21 queries.