Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A Framework to Solve the Goko Multiplayer Problem  (Read 11797 times)

sandstorm

• Baron
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
Re: A Framework to Solve the Goko Multiplayer Problem
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 01:29:50 am »
+1

The most important function of a leaderboard is not showing who is the very best, it's letting people find opponents of a similar standard. Different leaderboards for different card sets or different numbers of players would be annoying, as players would have to look at 5 numbers instead of 1

Woah where did leaderboards for different card sets and 5 numbers come from? ???

Nobody checks the leaderboard before playing a match on iso.  You just set the automatch to +/- 'x' levels and click number of players.  It makes marginal difference for a computer program to check leaderboard a or b.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 08:08:55 am »

The most important function of a leaderboard is not showing who is the very best, it's letting people find opponents of a similar standard. Different leaderboards for different card sets or different numbers of players would be annoying, as players would have to look at 5 numbers instead of 1

Woah where did leaderboards for different card sets and 5 numbers come from? ???

Nobody checks the leaderboard before playing a match on iso.  You just set the automatch to +/- 'x' levels and click number of players.  It makes marginal difference for a computer program to check leaderboard a or b.

I check almost every game. If they are similar in level to me, a glance at their level is usually enough. But, if they are significantly lower, I usually check to make sure they've played a decent number of games on Iso before accepting to avoid slow newbs. Even after accepting I usually check the leaderboard to see how many games they've played, etc.

sandstorm

• Baron
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 07:51:53 pm »

I check almost every game. If they are similar in level to me, a glance at their level is usually enough. But, if they are significantly lower, I usually check to make sure they've played a decent number of games on Iso before accepting to avoid slow newbs. Even after accepting I usually check the leaderboard to see how many games they've played, etc.

Fair enough.  But it would be the exact same process if a 2 and 3 player leaderboard were implemented on goko.  If you are in the 2 player 'pro' lobby and click leaderboard it brings up the 2P leaderboard.  If you are in the 3 player 'pro' lobby and click leaderboard it brings up the 3P leaderboard.  Easier than playing Smithy BM. :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.41 seconds with 21 queries.