Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Best. Scrying Pool. Ever.  (Read 1382 times)

Corpsified

• Swindler
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Best. Scrying Pool. Ever.
« on: September 12, 2011, 02:30:28 pm »

I played SO badly in this game. I really didn't deserve to win, but my final turn is pretty epic thanks to the sickest Scrying Pool draw I've ever seen.

Pretty good for a laugh IMO.

I have no idea what the optimal strategy on this board was, but I know my kitchen sink approach wasn't it.

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
Re: Best. Scrying Pool. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:37:27 pm »

A recent Scrying Pool deck I played, I never got more than 2 actions drawn off of it, but my opponent bought a Possession, played it the next turn, and drew 9 cards with it (give or take), utterly sealing the victory. It's almost enough to make me play in Veto mode and veto Possession forever.

biopower

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 06:06:49 pm »

That actually looked like a game where scrying pool would be the best strategy, simply because you're going to want a potion for familiar anyway. Minions/Festival would be interesting, but I doubt that it would compare to Scrying Pool's ability to pull in KCs, especially given the amount of cursing in this game.

Before the last turn, you had 32 actions out of 44 cards total, whereas your opponent had 22 actions out of 41 cards. I feel like it was probably inevitable that you would be able to get an amazing draw like that, given that density of actions.

Corpsified

• Swindler
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »

That was definitely my thinking, but it took so many turns to get a good draw I feel like I must have bought wrong along the way. Definitely feel like there was a better way to do Scrying Pool in this kingdom.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.449 seconds with 21 queries.