Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Will Goko have a way to deal with problem users?  (Read 4744 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10767
    • View Profile
Will Goko have a way to deal with problem users?
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:08:33 pm »
+1

So to avoid this becoming another "Decline of civility" thread, I'm not going to post names... but I'm in a game now (on Isotropic) where the user had a problem with the fact that I played Scrying Pool, so in response he told me that he's going to purposefully play his last turn slow; and just sit there doing nothing for the next hour except keeping himself from timing out by playing and undoing a Copper.

If I were to exit the game, then I give players the ability to raise their rank simply by being complete jerks. Sure I can avoid this specific user in the future, but that's really not enough.

I have no good answers here at all. I understand the problems with blacklist threads, or voting on whether you like a user or not. But there needs to be some formal way to deal with this type of stuff on Goko. Perhaps simply a moderator/admin that can be contacted to report such behavior? A warning after the first occurrence, banning if it continues? Hopefully they would have the ability to look at logs of either chats or the games to prove that this had happened if it did.

Update... while I was posting this, the guy gave up and ended his turn; I won next turn. Quite possibly he thought that I had gone away from the computer and was hoping to win by timeout.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:06:37 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
Re: Will Goko have a way to deal with problem users?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »
+14

I think its going to be worse with goko IMHO.  More casual audience + more interface lag.

They will probably deal with it if it becomes a problem, but I predict that the answer to your question is something like.

"@ Goko, we recognize that this is a potential issue, but right now we're focused on other items.  We'll keep an eye on this in the future, thank you for bringing it to our attention.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:54:16 pm »

I think its going to be worse with goko IMHO.  More casual audience + more interface lag.

They will probably deal with it if it becomes a problem, but I predict that the answer to your question is something like.

"@ Goko, we recognize that this is a potential issue, but right now we're focused on other items.  We'll keep an eye on this in the future, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Now you mention it i have heard that line being trotted out once or twice before....

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 08:09:53 pm »
+1

Now you mention it i have heard that line being trotted out once or twice before....

Pretty sure it's been a lot more than once or twice.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:14:29 pm »
+4

an update to rrenaud's law: every thread will eventually derail into a criticism of the official online implementation of dominion.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:33:34 pm »
+2

I'm just wondering how you played Scrying Pool on Goko.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 08:32:11 am »
+1

It was bought through Black Market.
A man has no signature

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 09:07:17 am »

Oops, wasn't clear. That game was on Iso, but it got me thinking about how Goko will handle it. Iso doesn't need to handle it because it's a free unofficial version.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Dulkal

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 03:36:27 am »
+1

Oops, wasn't clear. That game was on Iso, but it got me thinking about how Goko will handle it. Iso doesn't need to handle it because it's a free unofficial version.

If it isn't a crushing problem for Iso, there seems to be no reason to assume up front that it will be for Goko.

nevarmare2

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 06:43:51 am »
+1

I'm wondering the same thing.  I was playing on Goko with my wife earlier today. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan, so it's nice to be able to do things like that.  Anyway, I came under the gun of some player that didn't appreciate that I wasn't allowing him onto my table that I had reserved for my wife and I.  I know enough about internet protocol not to feed the trolls or get too upset about it, but my wife is only playing this game because she likes spending time with me.  She's not an avid internet user and gets very offended at things like this.  It would be nice (as this is a paid service) to have a report option, or at the very least implement a friends/ignore list.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 02:24:44 pm »

I'm wondering the same thing.  I was playing on Goko with my wife earlier today. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan, so it's nice to be able to do things like that.  Anyway, I came under the gun of some player that didn't appreciate that I wasn't allowing him onto my table that I had reserved for my wife and I.  I know enough about internet protocol not to feed the trolls or get too upset about it, but my wife is only playing this game because she likes spending time with me.  She's not an avid internet user and gets very offended at things like this.  It would be nice (as this is a paid service) to have a report option, or at the very least implement a friends/ignore list.

Man I once was playing on BSW, and 2 people proposed a game with me, one right after the other. I accepted the second one without much thought. The first guy was very upset that I didn't accept his game even though he had proposed first. He kept talking about how it during my game, and then even did some sort of trick that BSW let you do that pulled me out of my game and back into the lobby.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 02:28:08 pm »
+3

Quick match is clearly a requirement.  Having to hunt and peck through a bunch of tables to find your game is a disaster.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.