Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ghost Ship + Rabble + Oracle + Bureaucrat = fun times galore  (Read 616 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Ghost Ship + Rabble + Oracle + Bureaucrat = fun times galore
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:15:17 pm »
+2

ycz6 vs. pops
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/14/game-20121014-160100-4b97ad47.html

ycz6 wins!
All but one player has resigned.

cards in supply: Bureaucrat, Caravan, Cellar, Ghost Ship, Hunting Party, Library, Oracle, Rabble, Silk Road, and Worker's Village
Default card selection was used.  The point tracker will be available.
----------------------

#1 ycz6: 27 points (4 Provinces and 3 Estates); 24 turns
      opening: Oracle / Caravan
      [48 cards] 10 Worker's Villages, 5 Oracles, 5 Rabbles, 4 Cellars, 2 Hunting Parties, 1 Bureaucrat, 1 Caravan, 1 Ghost Ship, 7 Coppers, 4 Silvers, 1 Gold, 3 Estates, 4 Provinces

#2 pops: resigned (1st); 24 turns
      opening: Silver / Caravan
      [31 cards] 5 Caravans, 5 Hunting Parties, 2 Silk Roads, 1 Cellar, 1 Ghost Ship, 7 Coppers, 4 Silvers, 1 Gold, 3 Estates, 2 Provinces

----------------------

This was a pretty unusual kingdom, because every single card had one of the following three properties:
  • Messing with the top of a deck
  • Sifting
  • Being named "Silk Road"

pops went for a pretty vanilla Hunting Party/Caravan deck, while I acted the villain and went for a messy attacking-centered engine. This was a strange dynamic, because even after my Oracle -> Rabble -> Ghost Ship -> Rabble chains completely junked the top of his deck, he would just draw one card from Caravan, skip another with Hunting Party and end up with enough to buy a HP or Caravan anyway. The game was one of the most tactically demanding I've played, too; at one point pops spent about a minute deciding how to order a Province and an Estate on top of his deck.

I did enough damage, though. He never bought a Province after his second, while I was able to grab a Bureaucrat on turn 21 to kick me up to the $16 level. He forfeited on turn 24, down by 10 points. His Silks Road were probably mistakes, though I wonder if anything else would have worked. Thoughts?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 20 queries.