Advertisements > Advertisements

Travel

(1/2) > >>

ednever:
Hey all-

Given that I'm relatively involved in this community I thought I would drop everyone a line about my latest project.

It's a website featuring the coolest travel activities in the world (things like training elephants in Thailand or playing with adolescent lions in Zimbabwe). It also has a complete list of small group tour companies (you can browse by location or activity type) and the largest list of travel blogs on the web.

Check it out and let me know what you think:

Stopovertravel.com
or

And it would be great it you liked it on facebook:

facebook.com/travel

(Yep. Facebook.com/travel - pretty cool, no?)

Thanks for your support,

Ed

Ozle:
Zimbabwe?!? Not one of the safest places in the world right now! (and im not talking about the Lions!)

Good luck with project!

ednever:

--- Quote from: Ozle on October 15, 2012, 04:35:46 am ---Zimbabwe?!? Not one of the safest places in the world right now! (and im not talking about the Lions!)

Good luck with project!

--- End quote ---

I was there in 2008 during their "election". There were political signs with (true) claims that the other side was murdering people. Kind of makes the Rebuplivan/Democrat attacks seem a little weak...

It's definitely not the safest place, but the area around Victoria Falls (where you can play with lions) is not really dangerous. No more so than a lot of Africa anyway. Just don't do anything stupid which applies to most travel (and life) and you will be fine.

Here's the lion post: http://www.stopovertravel.com/activities/playing-with-lions/

Ed

Eevee:
I just gave the link to the blog to my girlfriend and asked her to pick a destination for us to travel to. Will report back if she finds anything she likes!

ednever:
Thanks.

And check back. I'm adding another destination every Monday.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version