Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Can't access linked game logs, help?  (Read 1754 times)

Corpsified

• Swindler
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Can't access linked game logs, help?
« on: August 29, 2011, 09:46:37 pm »

Hi all. Just discovered Iso and am hopelessly addicted already. One problem, Iso led me to this great site and i have voraciously devoured most of the content already, but whenever anyone posts a link to a game log via isotropic (meaning, a dominion.isotropic.com link, as opposed to a councilroom.com link) I get a 403 forbidden error when I try to view the linked log.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks in advance,
Corpse

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
Re: Can't access linked game logs, help?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:14:52 pm »

Likely a blocking issue. I can't access gamelog pages from behing my work VPN, either.

Workaround: append ".gz" to the URL to fetch the gzipped version, which you can open up and load in your browser. You lose the CSS formatting though.

Corpsified

• Swindler
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 10:20:40 pm »

odd. I'm at home with pretty low security settings in firefox. Also, the .gz is already in the urls, still wont load. I tried removing the .gz as well, no dice :(

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 04:16:00 am »

If there's a description of the game nearby (i.e. one of the players, 3-4 of the cards, roughly how the game went) you can often find them by searching on CouncilRoom. CouncilRoom links are generally more reliable than Isotropic ones so I'd recommend people replace all of their Isotropic links with CouncilRoom ones as soon as possible to avoid issues like this.

Edit: Maybe we should have a list somewhere where people can link to a post containing a link that doesn't work for them, and people can find them on CR and get them changed?

Edit2: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=546.0 Post up a list of where you've found these old links and we can see if we can find the games on CR for you!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:13:04 am by Thisisnotasmile »

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:25:16 pm »

Council Room links are not immediately available. You have to wait up to a day until CR scrapes the data off isotropic, then go find the game on CR. Isotropic links are right there in the game window. Asking everyone to always use CR links is not realistic.

I agree it would be good to replace them in articles posted on the main page. If some script can auto-replace them in forum posts that would be nice too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:27:42 pm by guided »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.523 seconds with 24 queries.