Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165975 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #350 on: October 19, 2012, 08:32:13 am »

The Cuzz/Arch case is interesting, although I'm more inclined to believe Cuzz's explanation than VG seems to be.

Also, I have since talked about more than chickens since then, although I won't fault you for missing the discussions, given your new arrival.

I renew my fos on Shraeye, given his posting pattern over a full day has been short one liners with votes and nothing else of substance.  His Cuzz vote/unvote posts had six words that weren't part of the actual votes, total.

In fact, vote: Shraeye.  Shraeye is always talkative and abrasive in games, and town while at it.  He does long, winding analysis posts with dozens of quotes.  All of a sudden he's quiet and reserved?  Changing meta?  Or change of role?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 19, 2012, 11:24:23 am »

1. shraeye: 12
2. Robz888: 20
3. Voltgloss: 31
4. Eevee: 33
5. yuma: 9
6. Galzria: 25
7. Insomniac: 45
8. ashersky: 12
9. Captain_Frisk: 51
10. Grujah: 30
11. Archetype: 10
12. jotheonah: 7
13. Cuzz: 25
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 19, 2012, 11:35:04 am »

Frisk, do you have any comments on this? Who are your scumreads so far?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 19, 2012, 11:44:52 am »

All of my votes starting with Insomniac are legit.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 19, 2012, 11:48:10 am »

Frisk. Tunneling insomniac in all threads since losing m12
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 19, 2012, 11:49:38 am »

So the one right before that, when you piled on the Grujah blitzwagon to put him at L-2, was not legit?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 19, 2012, 11:49:55 am »

I've been angry with you since M8!

Does it count as tunnelling if I"m voting RobZ instead?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 19, 2012, 11:50:29 am »

So the one right before that, when you piled on the Grujah blitzwagon to put him at L-2, was not legit?

That was borderline.  I don't think that he was in real danger.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 19, 2012, 11:52:02 am »

I've been angry with you since M8!

Does it count as tunnelling if I"m voting RobZ instead?

Right right where I caught your biggest scum slip in history and realized you were Doug the same thing you accused me of. I'll correct then

Frisk tunning insomniac in all threads since insomniac caught him in m8 (exception he SHOULD have tunneled insomniac in m12 but didn't ;))
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 19, 2012, 12:47:08 pm »

This reminds me, I wanted to summarize this wagon on Grujah from earlier, because it seemed to get a bit out of hand for so early in the day.

In 4 consecutive posts over the course of 6 minutes, Volt, Robz, Insomniac and Eevee vote for Grujah. Frisk does so less than 10 minutes later putting Grujah at L-2. Insomniac freaks out and votes Frisk. An argument about what kind of danger of getting lynched Grujah was actually in develops, and Frisk votes Insomniac, then back to Grujah, then back to Insomniac (you're on a boat!). Meanwhile Galz voted Grujah in there somewhere and I believe there was a moment when Grujah was back at L-2.

Now, I tend to agree that there was little risk of Grujah actually being lynched then. I can't think of any reason for town or scum to push the wagon further than that, and that holds regardless of which alignment Grujah is. Plus, at L-2 it would have taken coordination from scum or massive stupidity from town for a lynch to actually occur.

But Grujah claimed there was scum on that wagon, and I think that's probably true, again regardless of Grujah's alignment. If he's scum, hard bussing D1 is now the go-to scum strategy right? Or, if Grujah is town, a growing wagon on a townie early D1 might be tempting to hop onto. Even if it doesn't result immediately in a lynch (which, again, it was never going to), it puts Grujah under more scrutiny and maybe then the suspicion builds.

So who might be scum on this wagon?

Volt's first position is not particularly suspicious, plus I've gotten a slight townread from him so far.

Robz says he's gonna push lurkers this game, which is reasonable as town (hell I'm doing the same), but it also could be a nice excuse to hide behind if he happened to have drawn scum this game. Robz, notably, was also in a similar position on the later ashersky wagon.

Insomniac got spooked off of the wagon really quickly, and was in the classically scummy third position. He was happy to vote but really worried about an actual lynch going down. Either didn't want to lynch his scumbuddy, or worried about his position on a townie wagon? Suspicious but doesn't seem quite like scum Insomniac to me.

Eevee shows up in somewhat scummy 4th place, and makes the awful "enough pressure votes" comment. Eevee has defended this as simply bad town play, but still something has seemed off to me about him this game.

Frisk then gets on after a short pause, and tips the wagon into the "danger zone". Again, even though I don't think there was real danger, L-2 is a bit silly at that point. Also the relative gap after the first four votes is interesting.

Galz was somewhat disjoint from the rest of the wagon, in that he votes after much of the discussion about the quickwagon is underway. His reasoning is similar to Robz's and notably, this is where Grujah ultimately decided to park his vote.

With the exception of Volt, I could honestly see any one of them as scum, though I think Insomniac and Eevee look worst here, followed by Robz. Based on this, and the change in attitude as well, I'll Vote: Eevee.

My vote on joth is downgraded to a FoS but I have not taken my eye off lurkers, and I do want to hear more from him (though I know he has RL reasons).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 19, 2012, 01:38:51 pm »

The Cuzz/Arch case is interesting, although I'm more inclined to believe Cuzz's explanation than VG seems to be.

Also, I have since talked about more than chickens since then, although I won't fault you for missing the discussions, given your new arrival.

I renew my fos on Shraeye, given his posting pattern over a full day has been short one liners with votes and nothing else of substance.  His Cuzz vote/unvote posts had six words that weren't part of the actual votes, total.

In fact, vote: Shraeye.  Shraeye is always talkative and abrasive in games, and town while at it.  He does long, winding analysis posts with dozens of quotes.  All of a sudden he's quiet and reserved?  Changing meta?  Or change of role?

I think Shraeye might be in the same position as I am - in too many games and having a hard time digging in. But I'd like to know why you haven't posted any of your usual big block analyses.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2012, 01:41:59 pm »

I think Shraeye might be in the same position as I am - in too many games and having a hard time digging in. But I'd like to know why you haven't posted any of your usual big block analyses.

Is the "you" there shraeye or ashersky?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »

shraeye, sorry.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2012, 01:44:14 pm »

I'd guess that we're 2 days in?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2012, 02:36:34 pm »

It's time for a quick rundown of Insomniacs thoughts thus far!

1. shraeye - slight scum. Expressed a desire to derphammer because others didn't want it, hasn't posted any traditional shraeye big posts yet. (Not too worried on the latter)

2. Robz888 - Pretty normal. He's been quieter than normal but he expressed depression because of M12 has been actively trying to lynch lurkers. Null read

3. Voltgloss - Null read. Volts posts have striken me as traditional Volt but he has been pushing the new lynch lurkers meta a bit harder then I suspected given that it came from a game where 1 of the mafia was the most active player.

4. Eevee - Has been different this game but he's been having a bunch of confidence, Eevee is normally town and normally thinks I'm scum. I think he's a bit more scummy this game because of his acting differently but I normally find Eevee a bit scummy.

5. yuma - Quieter yuma as to be expected, I'd like to see more from him as normally he has some pretty good ideas as town. Null

6. Galzria - A bit scummy. Has expressed happiness that DS is pursuing lynch all lurkers meta but hasn't actually joined in on any of the wagons has tried to appear associated with the Grujah wagon. I would be highly suspect of Galz is Grujah is scum.

7. Insomniac - Obvtown.

8. ashersky - Was pretty low on the post count and content and when called out tried to do more of both. If I got called out as scum for either of those I would definetly respond similarily. Highest scum read which still doesn't say too much at this point in the game.

9. Captain_Frisk - slight town. I was getting a scum read off of him but his posts have done a lot to clear that up for me, I genuinely feel like he thinks I'm scum and that makes his voting for me feel more town.

10. Grujah - Slight scum. Hard to put into words why I'm just getting the scum Grujah vibe more than the town Grujah vibe.

11. Archetype - Nullish read, I gave him a FoS for what seemed to be buddying up to me he answered it adequately IMO.

12. jotheonah - Low post count, in a lot of games just got a new job. Null read, look forward to seeing more posts so that I can get a better read.

13. Cuzz - More talkative then in MXII where he was the doctor, I'm getting a scum read from some of his posts and a town read in others, so he's getting a null from me right now. In MXII he claimed he was trying to seem scummy, and man did he so I'm not sure what scum Cuzz would look like.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2012, 02:37:22 pm »

To also weigh in on the chicken thing I like
Once - yes
twice - no
Thrice - null

using votes to give names and robz method for roleclaiming should it be necessary.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2012, 02:49:48 pm »

I "tried to be associated with"? What's that mean? That when you bailed over a "concern" that he got to L-2 (even though the lynch was ridiculously unlikely), I immediately placed my vote on and argued that in order for a wagon to be effective, people can't go "OMG IT'S A WAGON! BAIL BAIL BAIL"?

Yeah, I'm confused.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 19, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »

I "tried to be associated with"? What's that mean? That when you bailed over a "concern" that he got to L-2 (even though the lynch was ridiculously unlikely), I immediately placed my vote on and argued that in order for a wagon to be effective, people can't go "OMG IT'S A WAGON! BAIL BAIL BAIL"?

Yeah, I'm confused.

You didn't vote for the Ash wagon for lurking nor the Grujah wagon for lurking you didn't vote Grujah until after he showed up if I recall. But even before he showed up you were like YA lynchin lurkers!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:50 pm »

1. shraeye - slight scum. Expressed a desire to derphammer because others didn't want it, hasn't posted any traditional shraeye big posts yet. (Not too worried on the latter)

2. Robz888 - Pretty normal. He's been quieter than normal but he expressed depression because of M12 has been actively trying to lynch lurkers. Null read

3. Voltgloss - Null read. Volts posts have striken me as traditional Volt but he has been pushing the new lynch lurkers meta a bit harder then I suspected given that it came from a game where 1 of the mafia was the most active player.

4. Eevee - Has been different this game but he's been having a bunch of confidence, Eevee is normally town and normally thinks I'm scum. I think he's a bit more scummy this game because of his acting differently but I normally find Eevee a bit scummy.

5. yuma - Quieter yuma as to be expected, I'd like to see more from him as normally he has some pretty good ideas as town. Null

6. Galzria - A bit scummy. Has expressed happiness that DS is pursuing lynch all lurkers meta but hasn't actually joined in on any of the wagons has tried to appear associated with the Grujah wagon. I would be highly suspect of Galz is Grujah is scum.

7. Insomniac - Obvtown.

8. ashersky - Was pretty low on the post count and content and when called out tried to do more of both. If I got called out as scum for either of those I would definetly respond similarily. Highest scum read which still doesn't say too much at this point in the game.

9. Captain_Frisk - slight town. I was getting a scum read off of him but his posts have done a lot to clear that up for me, I genuinely feel like he thinks I'm scum and that makes his voting for me feel more town.

10. Grujah - Slight scum. Hard to put into words why I'm just getting the scum Grujah vibe more than the town Grujah vibe.

11. Archetype - Nullish read, I gave him a FoS for what seemed to be buddying up to me he answered it adequately IMO.

12. jotheonah - Low post count, in a lot of games just got a new job. Null read, look forward to seeing more posts so that I can get a better read.

13. Cuzz - More talkative then in MXII where he was the doctor, I'm getting a scum read from some of his posts and a town read in others, so he's getting a null from me right now. In MXII he claimed he was trying to seem scummy, and man did he so I'm not sure what scum Cuzz would look like.

I agree with everything Insomniac said. Every single thing. Every word.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 19, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »

Galz - what are your thoughts on Insomniac backing down against me?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 19, 2012, 02:54:46 pm »

7. Insomniac - Obvtown.

New forum mafia meta - instead of extreme day 1 bussing, extreme day 1 buddying.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 19, 2012, 02:58:47 pm »

7. Insomniac - Obvtown.

What? I don't get this at all, why are you super buddying me (sheeping ash and now apparently all my reads including me being obvtown which is only true for me because I know my PM)

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 19, 2012, 03:00:44 pm »

7. Insomniac - Obvtown.

So Insomniac is obvtown?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 19, 2012, 03:11:27 pm »

7. Insomniac - Obvtown.

So Insomniac is obvtown?

I don't know whether Insomniac is town or not (right now I would guess that he is), but I agree with what he thinks about everyone else. That's all. It means literally what I said.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 19, 2012, 03:26:10 pm »

That was just a joke. If you meant it literally you'd be agreeing with his comment about himself too.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 68  All

Page created in 2.434 seconds with 20 queries.