Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 166115 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2012, 02:54:33 pm »

Essentially I don't see why ANY wagon should be L-2 FIVE HOURS after DAY 1 START. That's ridiculous, if he is town he could be quick hammered, if he's scum he would be quick hammered and we'd have low information day 2 regardless because of how short day 1 is.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2012, 02:55:01 pm »

This is the best day 1 yet.

Obviously - no-one should hammer Grujah, and he might have been surfing from his phone while dropping the kids off at the pool.

However - we do need to be quick here.  We enter curse mode in 3 days right? 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2012, 02:55:41 pm »

Essentially I don't see why ANY wagon should be L-2 FIVE HOURS after DAY 1 START. That's ridiculous, if he is town he could be quick hammered, if he's scum he would be quick hammered and we'd have low information day 2 regardless because of how short day 1 is.

Vote: Insomniac

Nobody is going to quick hammer 5 hours in.  This is an obvious ploy to get some pro town points.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:33 pm »

Due to the setup of the game, we need to move quick. More wagons the merrier, as long as people don't play terrible and quickhammer. No harm in having more wagons to analyze quicker, I'm glad we are progressing.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:51 pm »

I'd vote Ins too but he always reads like this to me..

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:59 pm »

Vote: Insomniac

Nobody is going to quick hammer 5 hours in.  This is an obvious ploy to get some pro town points.

Pro town points when there is clearly town on the wagon and I'm going against the grain of 5 people? No I'm not trying to get town points, I'm pointing out its ridiculous to put someone to L-2 5 hours after the game starts.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »

I'd vote Ins too but he always reads like this to me..

In exactly one of those cases I was scum. I LOVE waffles.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2012, 03:04:03 pm »

Did you seriously just argue that lynching scum is bad?

Your first point is moot, as he wouldn't be quickhammered by any town players in this game, which means IF he was, it would be a scum quickhammer. I don't care if he's L-2, L-1, whatever. No town player in this game would hammer him.

The second point, I don't even... What? Lynching scum for lurking, is still lynching scum. If it happened in 3 hours, 3 days, or 3 weeks, it would still be lynching scum. Scum lynch = Good for town. Period.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2012, 03:05:21 pm »

Your first point is moot, as he wouldn't be quickhammered by any town players in this game, which means IF he was, it would be a scum quickhammer. I don't care if he's L-2, L-1, whatever. No town player in this game would hammer him.

The second point, I don't even... What? Lynching scum for lurking, is still lynching scum. If it happened in 3 hours, 3 days, or 3 weeks, it would still be lynching scum. Scum lynch = Good for town. Period.

Scum lynch is good for town, town lynch 3 hours is not, we don't know which it is.

And a scum lynch 3 hours in with 5 people who haven't said anything is worse than a scum lynch 3 days in once everybody has said something.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2012, 03:06:53 pm »

As for CF. He claimed VT, and put someone to L-2 5 hours into a game, I'm happy with my vote on him for now until someone actually earns a lurker status.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2012, 03:07:24 pm »

As for CF. He claimed VT, and put someone to L-2 5 hours into a game, I'm happy with my vote on him for now until someone actually earns a lurker status.

I don't think his reasons for voting me are good but others to so I'll let that part go.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2012, 03:08:36 pm »

Did you even look at the context around my VT claim?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2012, 03:09:09 pm »

I understand this is unorthodox compared to most other games.  But really, the situations you describe... aren't bad for town.

If Grujah is town, and gets quickhammered from L-2, then surely the quickhammer was caused by scum (given this player list).  Day 2, we lynch that scum.  That's a good thing.

If Grujah is scum, and gets quickhammered, we have lynched scum.  What other "information" are you hoping to get out of Day 1?  This isn't a situation like M-XII Day 2, where the town had potentially-competing roleclaims to parse out and could have gained key information from one of those flips.  This is Day 1, the closest we ever get to RVS, and if the results of Day 1 are lynching scum I'll take it no matter HOW we get there.

PPE:  5 new posts.  Haven't read them yet.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2012, 03:11:13 pm »

Scum lynch is good for town, town lynch 3 hours is not, we don't know which it is.

And a scum lynch 3 hours in with 5 people who haven't said anything is worse than a scum lynch 3 days in once everybody has said something.

I do realize that I slightly misread your statement, which is that we would have less information, but that said, I stand by my belief that no town player would hammer another player without letting him come in and discuss. Vote: Grujah.

I won't let Grujah lurk. And getting an artificial wagon up to L-2 just to have everybody* run away like Chicken Little (see what I did there?) serves no pressure for him to come join in. If wagons are irrelevant and artificial, what's the point?

*- Not everyone was ding this.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2012, 03:11:21 pm »

Good evening, everybody!
So many votes on me so early!
However, I am slight drunk and as a result a bit depressed :( and I am going to vote: Eevee
He plays poker and is too friendly so you know he is scum, as always.
Other guy I am considering is jo, as he is lurking even worse than I am!

Important stuff: If I get turned into a chicken, I will converse in morse.
Thus, "Chicken." will translate as a dot (.) and "Chicken Chicken." will translate as a slash (-).
I think this is pretty much a neat idea and that everybody should give his code away early, or he is scum!
It only benefits town and doesn't give any advantage to the scum, AFAIK.

PPE: 6 new msgs.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2012, 03:12:23 pm »

WTF at Insom attacking CF for "claiming VT" when that "claim" was clearly a joke.

PPE:  I see Grujah posted.  Haven't read his post yet.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2012, 03:12:29 pm »

Insomniac, why are you assuming the players are not playing reasonable here? It's like being afraid of giving a consenting adult a pair of scissors in the fear of him cutting himself with them.

WHAT HARM DOES THE L-2 DO IF NO TOWNIE IS WILLING TO DO SOMETHING AS OBVIOUSLY ANTITOWN AS QUICKHAMMERING 5 HOURS INTO THE GAME? None. It just gives us more to analyze.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2012, 03:13:57 pm »

Grujah, I think that falls under cryptography and is forbidden. Nice to see you here though! I wish I was drinking on this fine wednesday..

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2012, 03:15:50 pm »

Other guy I am considering is jo, as he is lurking even worse than I am!

jo hasn't been on the forum yet since the game started.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2012, 03:17:06 pm »

I do realize that I slightly misread your statement, which is that we would have less information, but that said, I stand by my belief that no town player would hammer another player without letting him come in and discuss. Vote: Grujah.

I won't let Grujah lurk. And getting an artificial wagon up to L-2 just to have everybody* run away like Chicken Little (see what I did there?) serves no pressure for him to come join in. If wagons are irrelevant and artificial, what's the point?

*- Not everyone was ding this.

Omigosh, seriously?

I mean, seriously now?
That's L-2 on RVS. I was at college when game started, sigh.

Also, Advance info.
Whether I am VT or PR or even scum (gasp! but I ain't), I am not going to forceclaim this game. I will only claim with significant info.

Now, this wagon seems RVS, but there is scum on it, I guarantee.
It's that scum vibe that goes "look, this sure is ridicoulus, but it just MIGHT work, I need to support it."
For lack of better judgment, and drunkenness, Vote: yuma. Actually, 4th and 3rd spot are scummier by default, but here he is just scum jumping on town based wagon with no feel of remorse.

PPE: 4.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2012, 03:18:52 pm »

Grujah, I think that falls under cryptography and is forbidden. Nice to see you here though! I wish I was drinking on this fine wednesday..

I dunno, Jorbles can rule it out if it is forbbiden. I already asked him if it is ok to write a computer code/script that would translate my chickens, and he said no.

I think this is more in the spirit of the rules. If it is not, I annoucned it infront so Jorbles can judge.

Too lazy to fix typos, announced and infront and forbiden seem to be misspelled.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »

For lack of better judgment, and drunkenness, Vote: yuma. Actually, 4th and 3rd spot are scummier by default, but here he is just scum jumping on town based wagon with no feel of remorse.

yuma is not on your wagon.

Neither yuma, ashersky, Archetype, nor jotheonah have been logged into the forum yet since the game started.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »

Unvote

I'm not saying I want you lynched Gruj, at least, not yet. But I DO want to see lurking down. Hey, you're here now, great! I actually have a slight scum read on you now, compared to a null read, but it's not strong enough to push a lynch.

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2012, 03:24:42 pm »

Neither yuma, ashersky, Archetype, nor jotheonah have been logged into the forum yet since the game started.

Whoah, you are right, that is Galzria. Those avatars are too similar.
Vote: Galzria

I actually have a slight scum read on you now, compared to a null read, but it's not strong enough to push a lynch.

Please explain why.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2012, 03:25:24 pm »

Vote: Grujah
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68  All

Page created in 1.848 seconds with 20 queries.