Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165963 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #475 on: October 20, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »

To comment on what's happened, I don't think we can safely assume which chicken was cursed randomly and by scum, although it sure looks like Volt would have been on purpose.

Man comments like this just look awful to me. You manage to completely contradict yourself within a single sentence here.
How so? He says he doesn't see a way we can be sure, but agrees it would look like Volt was the targeted chickenification.

I just find it hedgy and devoid of content.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 20, 2012, 10:31:42 pm »

I think it would be nice to hear from volt and jotheonah on this issue.

Voltgloss and jotheonah could you respond in chicken yes or chicken no to this question? Do you think that you were the chicken curse target of scum?

I personally don't think it is super conducive to over analyze which one was targeted by the scum curse. I think some analysis would be good, but it certainly should not be the reason to vote for someone. However, I do think it is worth looking at those who are over analyzing and trying to interpret and potentially spin the chicken cursing in a certain direction. That is what I will look at more heavily tomorrow morning.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 20, 2012, 10:52:53 pm »

I personally don't think it is super conducive to over analyze which one was targeted by the scum curse. I think some analysis would be good, but it certainly should not be the reason to vote for someone. However, I do think it is worth looking at those who are over analyzing and trying to interpret and potentially spin the chicken cursing in a certain direction. That is what I will look at more heavily tomorrow morning.
Agreed, i was trying to find the words to say this right.  You beat me to it.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 20, 2012, 11:30:28 pm »

Chicken vote: yuma

Chicken.

Chicken unvote

Chicken vote: Robz888

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 21, 2012, 01:31:43 am »

To comment on what's happened, I don't think we can safely assume which chicken was cursed randomly and by scum, although it sure looks like Volt would have been on purpose.

Man comments like this just look awful to me. You manage to completely contradict yourself within a single sentence here.
How so? He says he doesn't see a way we can be sure, but agrees it would look like Volt was the targeted chickenification.

I just find it hedgy and devoid of content.

Did you notice the rest of my post, which included content and no hedging?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2012, 02:23:43 am »

I wholeheartedly sympathize ashersky on the difficulty of participating from a different timezone. When you come online after sleeping/working/drinking and see two pages of new messages, the best you can really do is write a long post about your opinions on stuff that happened when you were offline. Much like ashersky did here. Only getting in one post a is not lurking if it happens like that and no one is seans to comment the long post you write.. until tomorrow when you'll be late to the party again.

On an unrelated note, how has Australia been ashersky?

Australia is great, thanks.  Coming from the U.S., its funny how different it can be.  I have lived in a lot of countries around the world as a kid and adult, and it's always fun to go someplace new.

I am trying not to lurk in any games, but I do post when there are relatively few people on, so I don't get a lot of responses right away or back and forth going.  So maybe it looks like I don't post a lot.  Not sure what to do about it, though.

So there's my reply to ashersky, who I think is pretty scummy-seeming, and I have already voted him on lurking, and I'm not switching for the moment.

On this, I appreciate that you responded, with more info than you had been providing.  On your point that we don't treat chickens as obv town, I agree.  The focus on Volt though still seems off to me, and there's been no talk/pressure on Joth, the other chicken.  As grujah pointed out, he was lurking before being cursed, but not much attention there, before or after chickening.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2012, 02:25:13 am »

Chicken vote: yuma

Chicken chicken.

Chicken unvote.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2012, 02:26:12 am »

Chicken vote: Robz888
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2012, 08:50:38 am »

Robz is playing suspiciously, but I don't like the wagon because mafia Robz would know better than raise all this suspicion.So I see where these votes are coming from, but am afraid we are heading towards a mislynch.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 21, 2012, 08:54:18 am »

Robz is playing suspiciously, but I don't like the wagon because mafia Robz would know better than raise all this suspicion.So I see where these votes are coming from, but am afraid we are heading towards a mislynch.

Now that sounded hedgy...I don't think you meant it to, but it did.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 21, 2012, 08:58:55 am »

I see why are voting Robz, but I don't think scumrobz would play this suspicious. But Robz dear friend, I'm not sure you realize this but being the day1 lynchee is pretty weak town play!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 21, 2012, 09:01:19 am »

Robz behavior and ashersky's accusation are both interesting to me. Now, I REALLY have to study today, but I'll try to get around posting my views, after I review the situation.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 21, 2012, 11:28:48 am »

Uh, when did we start going after hedginess, again? Some hedginess isn't scummy, it's practical. Excessive heginess, sure.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 21, 2012, 11:30:20 am »

I'm seriously not sure what's so suspicious about me, other than the natural suspicion I seem to accrue on Day 1.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 21, 2012, 04:29:24 pm »

Uh, when did we start going after hedginess, again? Some hedginess isn't scummy, it's practical. Excessive heginess, sure.

Not sure the answer to your question, but I wasn't going after it so much as pointing out it sounded hedgy.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 21, 2012, 04:35:26 pm »

Not sure the answer to your question, but I wasn't going after it so much as pointing out it sounded hedgy.

Oh come on now. Come on.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 21, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »

Ashersky is always a shady character, but I think he's much shadier in this game than usual. He wasn't criticizing Eevee's hedginess, just pointing it out? What's the point of that? He's finger-pointing, and when he's called out on it, he says he didn't mean anything by it. Quite scummy behavior.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 21, 2012, 04:45:20 pm »

Oh come on now. Come on.

Well, the line pointing out Eevee's hedginess was awful hedgy, wasn't it?

PPE: Robz OMGUS

Ashersky is always a shady character, but I think he's much shadier in this game than usual. He wasn't criticizing Eevee's hedginess, just pointing it out? What's the point of that? He's finger-pointing, and when he's called out on it, he says he didn't mean anything by it. Quite scummy behavior.

Making an observation is scummy?  I was noting something that stuck out to me, which could be useful or not in the future.  We all do this. 

Also, I'll note that in your most recent post, you said that it was scummy I pointed out the hedginess without criticizing it, but in your original post I was responding to, you were complaining that we shouldn't go after hedginess, given "some...isn't scummy, it's practical."  (See bolded parts)  So it's scummy that I mentioned it, or scummy that I wasn't tougher on it?  Inconsistent.

As Eevee points out, Robz is one of the smartest, best mafia players on f.ds, and as such, the "he's too smart to seem so suspicious" argument doesn't work for me, because he's smart enough to seem so suspicious so he won't be suspected.  Still my strongest scumread.

And where's everyone else?  I woke up today to much less.  Sunday effect?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 21, 2012, 04:50:01 pm »

YOU are the OMGUSer, not me. I voted for you first, man.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 21, 2012, 04:51:32 pm »

Also, I'll note that in your most recent post, you said that it was scummy I pointed out the hedginess without criticizing it, but in your original post I was responding to, you were complaining that we shouldn't go after hedginess, given "some...isn't scummy, it's practical."  (See bolded parts)  So it's scummy that I mentioned it, or scummy that I wasn't tougher on it?  Inconsistent.

But it doesn't make much sense to point out hedginess if you aren't actually going to argue that it's scummy. Pointing it out for the sake of pointing it out is scummy, because it's as if you're just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 21, 2012, 04:53:06 pm »

As Eevee points out, Robz is one of the smartest, best mafia players on f.ds, and as such, the "he's too smart to seem so suspicious" argument doesn't work for me, because he's smart enough to seem so suspicious so he won't be suspected.  Still my strongest scumread.

It is true that I am smart enough to seem so suspicious I won't be suspected (and will have to in fact do this in future games where I am scum, sadly), but I disagree that I have done anything suspicious. Honestly, what have I done that's suspicious? I don't see it, personally.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 21, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »

It is true that I am smart enough to seem so suspicious I won't be suspected (and will have to in fact do this in future games where I am scum, sadly), but I disagree that I have done anything suspicious. Honestly, what have I done that's suspicious? I don't see it, personally.
I'd have to reread to be able to pinpoint the exact posts, but why do you think you are the largest wagon if your play hasn't been suspect? Is it because it's scum-driven, or because people just always vote you for being Robz?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 21, 2012, 05:52:15 pm »

I'd have to reread to be able to pinpoint the exact posts, but why do you think you are the largest wagon if your play hasn't been suspect? Is it because it's scum-driven, or because people just always vote you for being Robz?

I think there are at least some scum pushing for me. Ashersky, maybe, for one. Also, to some extent, when you have a narrative against you that you've "been scummy" other people buy into it without knowing what it even is. I don't know what it is. Galzria pounced on me for my initial vote on Ashersky. I don't begrudge him that, although Ashersky looks a lot worse to me now than he did at the time I voted for him. I've expressed reservations about how/who cursed Volt, which shower a bit of susipicion on Volt himself, so he isn't thanking me for that. The rest of them--Frisk, Jo--who knows? In general, I would like to believe there are scum leading this... but we all know the town is perfectly capable of driving wagons against townies with little mafia help. Are the mafia sitting back and lurking? OR driving this? Or doing both? We can't know yet.

Additionally, I seem to be an easy Day 1 target these days. I haven't been completely safe on Day since Mafia VIII (when I was mafia!).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 21, 2012, 05:52:41 pm »

That last sentence: "Additionally, I seem to be an easy Day 1 target these days. I haven't been completely safe on Day ONE since Mafia VIII (when I was mafia!)."

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 21, 2012, 05:54:11 pm »

I think I am L-2, by the way, so let's be careful.

If there is a case against me, I truly don't know what it is. Ashersky has come the closest to articulating one, which I thank him for, but it was garbage coming from the single scummiest person. Anyone else have a case on me?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 68  All

Page created in 1.657 seconds with 19 queries.