Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 166127 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

Insom, on you I'm echoing Frisk. You're taking obvious joke posts like they're serious. You seem like you're trying to push reads you ought to know are bogus.

To further take this you have seen me as scum recently, I don't push bad cases, I stand against bad cases while pushing good/ok ones which is I guess something I'm also doing here

Also, this.
"This is how I play as scum, so when I don't play like that this game [now or in future], you should realize I am not scum".
So bad.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »

We do need to make sure we establish a form of chicken communication for everyone... none of this one person doing one thing and another doing the other--that just reeks of confusion down the line. Someone come up with something, everyone agree to it and stick with it! No deviating from it. Period! We have a little over 2 days to come up with a system? We need one by tomorrow at this time.
We definitely need a definite, all agreed, one-in-all, chicken talk post.

I agree, and I think the basic x1 Chicken for yes, x2 Chicken for no system ashersky made seems like the best way to do this.

Chickenvote: Cuzz
chicken
Chicken Unvote.
Even though I am suspicious of Sharaeye, I like his system that he posted.

1.Go down the list of players
2. 'Vote' for them
3. Chicken once for scum read, chicken twice for no scum read (maybe 3x Chicken for null read?)
4. Immediately unvote that player
5. Rinse and repeat
6. Profit!

'cause I got duties.  Today I had to teach, then plan lessons, then go to seminars, then drive people places.  I often have to do things in real life, and don't have time to post all my thoughts.  Sometimes I've got the tab up and sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I'll post thoughts, sometimes I won't.

The wagon was silly, but I wanted to derphammer it just because so many people said that it wouldn't happen.  The moment has passed, and I'm trying to be reasonable.

Galzria is making arguments about drunkenness being scumtells or something like that.  I'm having trouble following.  But I don't like.  FoS: Galzria

Voltgloss, it seems that what you're doing is just trying to prod people into not lurking.  Don't worry, I'm no lurker.  But if you're gonna FoS people everytime they log on without commenting, you're gonna get a lot of useless reads.

I agree with Grujah, not exactly about the 'scum team' he made, but his Shraeye accusation. I did a brief reread of Shraeye's posts, though most seemed more town than scum, the post above me stuck out.

This sentence in particular: "Sometimes I'll post thoughts, sometimes I won't." When wouldn't you? IRL situations causing you not to, or...?"

I hope I don't come off too roughly, Shraeye.  I'm just looking for some explanations.

PPE: Seems like there were 3 new posts. I'll have to read those and see if anything is anything important.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2012, 11:06:00 pm »

Vote for Chicken Master Position: Robz888 (not an actual vote)

(This means I want Robz to be the one who makes Chicken talk rules. Too many cooks spoil the broth, they say, so I think only one guy should do it (he might ask for input if necessary). Robz can, of course, decline this position.).

Why Robz?

Gut Town feeling?

I do agree we should only have one Chicken post coordinator.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2012, 11:43:53 pm »

Well, cuz he's Robz. You know, the Mafia Guy.

Though, Volt might be a better candidate, he likes to be guy in charge setting up the rules. Perfect for him.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2012, 12:02:56 am »

Just caught up.

Also, caveat (what does this word mean anyway?):

My new meta says me lurking = scum, so I'll have to post like mad this game not to get lynched.

Biggest scumslip ever?

As for chickenstuff, I already laid out my plan for roleclaiming as a chicken. A 12 Chicken sequence begins the roleclaim protocol, followed by a number of chickens that corresponds to your role, indexed to the listed role order.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2012, 12:03:58 am »

Just caught up.

My new meta says me lurking = scum, so I'll have to post like mad this game not to get lynched.

Biggest scumslip ever?

As for chickenstuff, I already laid out my plan for roleclaiming as a chicken. A 12 Chicken sequence begins the roleclaim protocol, followed by a number of chickens that corresponds to your role, indexed to the listed role order.

No. If I lurk, town or scum, I'll be prime lynch candidate. I don't want town to misslynch me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2012, 12:04:54 am »

Just caught up.

Biggest scumslip ever?

No. If I lurk, town or scum, I'll be prime lynch candidate. I don't want town to misslynch me.

I mean, do you disagree with your meta? I actually wanted to talk to you about this. You were so active and helpful in MIX, and also in MVI to an extent. In MXII, you barely posted at all.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07:48 am »

It was influenced both by being scum and some real-life stuff (Like, I didn't lie about getting a tempjob or RtR pre-release - especially RtR took away loads of time). I could/should have posted more/squeezed some posts in, though.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 18, 2012, 01:01:41 am »

'cause I got duties.  Today I had to teach, then plan lessons, then go to seminars, then drive people places.  I often have to do things in real life, and don't have time to post all my thoughts.  Sometimes I've got the tab up and sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I'll post thoughts, sometimes I won't.

The wagon was silly, but I wanted to derphammer it just because so many people said that it wouldn't happen.  The moment has passed, and I'm trying to be reasonable.

Galzria is making arguments about drunkenness being scumtells or something like that.  I'm having trouble following.  But I don't like.  FoS: Galzria

Voltgloss, it seems that what you're doing is just trying to prod people into not lurking.  Don't worry, I'm no lurker.  But if you're gonna FoS people everytime they log on without commenting, you're gonna get a lot of useless reads.

I agree with Grujah, not exactly about the 'scum team' he made, but his Shraeye accusation. I did a brief reread of Shraeye's posts, though most seemed more town than scum, the post above me stuck out.

This sentence in particular: "Sometimes I'll post thoughts, sometimes I won't." When wouldn't you? IRL situations causing you not to, or...?"

I hope I don't come off too roughly, Shraeye.  I'm just looking for some explanations.
I have a lot of thoughts.  Some are conspiracy theory-type thoughts that are crazy long-shots to explain confusing situations, some are insta-thoughts that come much more from emotions than rationalism (like assuming that somebody with a town read on me is right, and anyone pushing a case on me is scum), some are simply absurd thoughts that I think about for a moment, realize they're absurd, and discard.  We all do this.  And what?  I'm scummy because I said it outloud?  When I have important thoughts, I post those.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 18, 2012, 01:08:54 am »

I have a lot of thoughts.  Some are conspiracy theory-type thoughts that are crazy long-shots to explain confusing situations, some are insta-thoughts that come much more from emotions than rationalism (like assuming that somebody with a town read on me is right, and anyone pushing a case on me is scum), some are simply absurd thoughts that I think about for a moment, realize they're absurd, and discard.  We all do this.  And what?  I'm scummy because I said it outloud?  When I have important thoughts, I post those.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll Unvote.

(on mobile, last post until mid afternoon tommorow)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2012, 06:31:41 am »

Unvote: Grujah

I don't think his "if I lurk I'll get lynched" (paraphrased) comment was a scumslip.  I think it was stating a fact, whether he's town OR scum.

Vote: Eevee

I'd like Eevee to explain why he felt the need to publicly call the votes on Grujah (including, by extension, his own) merely "pressure" votes.  I don't see how that comment helps town.

Here's a thought for everyone:  Should we try to lynch someone by the end of the third (RL) day?  And that way avoid the whole chicken-curse thing entirely?

FYI all, my wife and I go to the hospital this morning for inducement of the birth of my third child, so my posting access will be (1) limited to phone for the rest of the day and (2) rather infrequent.  Wish us luck!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2012, 06:51:18 am »

Unvote: Grujah

I don't think his "if I lurk I'll get lynched" (paraphrased) comment was a scumslip.  I think it was stating a fact, whether he's town OR scum.

Vote: Eevee

I'd like Eevee to explain why he felt the need to publicly call the votes on Grujah (including, by extension, his own) merely "pressure" votes.  I don't see how that comment helps town.

Here's a thought for everyone:  Should we try to lynch someone by the end of the third (RL) day?  And that way avoid the whole chicken-curse thing entirely?

FYI all, my wife and I go to the hospital this morning for inducement of the birth of my third child, so my posting access will be (1) limited to phone for the rest of the day and (2) rather infrequent.  Wish us luck!

Giving birth is obvtown!  Good luck and congrats!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 18, 2012, 06:51:57 am »

Good luck!

I didn't mean to call it merely a pressure vote, if I gave that vibe it was a mistake or poor wording on my part. However, the entire case against Grujah was that he had logged in to the forums once without posting anything when the game had been on for five hours. You are all good players, but I still felt a need to warn to not get carried away. Maybe I was being overly cautious.

Volt is acting rather jumpy in this game, but might be because of rral life stress or something. Just something that has stood out to me twice now.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2012, 08:07:54 am »

Volt is acting rather jumpy in this game, but might be because of rral life stress or something. Just something that has stood out to me twice now.

If by "jumpy" you mean "trying to move things quickly," guilty as charged.  We have very little time.  I don't want a repeat of MVIII nolynches.  And its only going to get tougher when people turn into chickens.

In this game, more than any other to date, dragging things out is bad for town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 18, 2012, 08:46:38 am »

If by "jumpy" you mean "trying to move things quickly," guilty as charged.  We have very little time.  I don't want a repeat of MVIII nolynches.  And its only going to get tougher when people turn into chickens.

In this game, more than any other to date, dragging things out is bad for town.
Agreed obviously, I said this earlier too. Busy now, but I can go back to find the quotes that seemed off-characted when I get back in 2-3 hours (floorball training yay).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 18, 2012, 08:48:32 am »

Just caught up.

Biggest scumslip ever?

I mean, do you disagree with your meta? I actually wanted to talk to you about this. You were so active and helpful in MIX, and also in MVI to an extent. In MXII, you barely posted at all.

More on this. I have the most Town-friendly meta. I crumb often, I will not forceclaim in thigh situations like L-1 (I believe this benifts me more as town player), and I do not lurk as town. All these make me a great townie and not so great scum.

And to elaborate that "no force claim" thing. I might claim on an agreed massclaim. I won't be made to claim if I don't think it bring benefit just because I am in a though situation (L-1 most of the time) and claim is perceived as only way out.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2012, 08:50:45 am »

Now, just cuz I gave Eevee free pass on similar statemnet doesn't mean you shoud now go around saying stuff like these. +1 scum point for you.
Of course not. We gonna get in chicken-situation often, we need a practice.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2012, 09:21:36 am »

Now, just cuz I gave Eevee free pass on similar statemnet doesn't mean you shoud now go around saying stuff like these. +1 scum point for you.

Scumslip? If we did lynch everyday, pre 3rd day, like Voltgloss said, we would never need to 'pratice'.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2012, 09:23:50 am »

We'd also never have to even deal with the chickens at  which could save us the headache.

But it would make the Cutpurse player just a regular Fishing Village

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2012, 09:42:10 am »

Scumslip? If we did lynch everyday, pre 3rd day, like Voltgloss said, we would never need to 'pratice'.

We're working on a record for scumslips this game. I really don't think this is one. I also am not sure it's a great idea to try to artificially turn this into a semi-blitz game with 3 day days.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2012, 10:38:43 am »

Arch seems to be judging too much by semantics rather than content. Seems like classic rookie mistake. Phone post.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 18, 2012, 10:41:25 am »

Vote: Voltgloss

Attempting to avoid chicken curse reduces information.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2012, 10:52:17 am »

Fos all still on my wagon, if any. They be tryin to use my mxii notoriety

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2012, 11:38:44 am »

Vote: Voltgloss

Attempting to avoid chicken curse reduces information.

Frisk, I think you're technically right, but in practice... no, I don't trust us to solve the WIFOM that will result from the chickening. So I see why Volt would ask that, and I don't find it suspicious.

My suspicion of Grujah isn't exactly abating as he posts more, but I have to be conscious of the fact that I seem to have massive confirmation bias against my first Day 1 read (see PPS in M-XII, Morgrim in M-X).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2012, 11:40:55 am »

Now, Eevee and Insomniac both went out of their way to argue against the growing Grujah wagon. They both did this against the Day 1 PPS wagon, too. Guess they just don't like quick wagons. (I DO like quick wagons; it puts fear into the hearts of scum.) OF course, Insomniac was mafia that time.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.