Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165953 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 4)
« Reply #1525 on: November 04, 2012, 07:41:27 pm »

Chic....

I'm FREE!

and now that you can talk, what have you to say?

Well, I think Shraeye is scum. I'm on the fence about Ins/Gruj. I've thought they were both town since D1, but I'm (obviously) not above making mistakes. Being a chicken, my focus lately has been focused on other games.

If I had to choose scum between Insomniac/Grujah, I would choose Insomniac. As I mentioned yesterday, in a vacuum I see his D1 play MUCH more likely to be a scum gambit than Grujah's claim. That said.... Blah. I just don't think Insomniac is scum. Although it's almost like he's gone out of his way to play up his "eh, whatever, I don't care anymore" playstyle this game.

Basically, I have no idea between those two, but unless it comes down to them and me in lylo, I still think they're both town.

I'm voting Shrae, and I'm happy enough with my vote there.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 04, 2012, 07:51:06 pm »

So how would you describe your vote on shraeye, or what is your case on him. I had my case on him, but it was pointed out that it was mostly based on a crucial misinterpretation on my part. Is there something different in your vote than there was in mine?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:44 pm »

*Crickets*
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 05, 2012, 04:03:20 pm »

REVOTE: Shraeye

Conversation in here guys?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 05, 2012, 04:23:31 pm »

I recently posted something with evidence that suggested to me that shraeye is likely town based on something ashersky had said. Now I might be wrong obviously but no one has even responded to it, and since then galz and insomniac have reaffirmed their vote for shraeye.

So, do either galz or insom have any comment on this?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: November 05, 2012, 04:31:46 pm »

@Cuzz: I don't find your case compelling. I don't like "scumslips" and I think ash putting him at near bottom is scummy (scummier than at the bottom where he put archetype). And Shraeye has been ridiculously wagon/sheep happy. Like I have said numerous times I think there is one scum on the bottom of ashs suspicion list and one near the top

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 05, 2012, 05:10:38 pm »

A while back people were thinking Galzria was scum. How do we feel about that now? Also, we can now say with certainty that all cursing is being done intentionally by the scum team. Does that change the value of cursing WIFOM in this game?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 05, 2012, 05:11:36 pm »

i.e., does the chicken-cursing of shraeye and it's timing seem to make him more or less likely to be scum in your eyes?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 05, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

A while back people were thinking Galzria was scum. How do we feel about that now? Also, we can now say with certainty that all cursing is being done intentionally by the scum team. Does that change the value of cursing WIFOM in this game?

I think it makes the cursing a bit more easy to analyze, like Why did they silence this person is it to buy town cred were they onto them etc. Before there was more confusion ie which is random which is not.

I still think Galz could be scum but I'm slightly less inclined to think he is then my main 2 suspects, Grujah and Shraeye.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 05, 2012, 05:17:22 pm »

*Crickets*

You could have been answering this concern that you skirted around the first time and completely ignored the second time:

Didn't say it because I realized when I expressed intent to hammer that no was likely to Unvote.

So.... That isn't answering my concern.

That you thought no one was going to unvote doesn't change the fact that you could have explained why you were hammering (supposedly to allow the pearl diver the chance to dive w/o being cursed) when you hammered. Instead, you waited until the next day. This makes it look like you weren't thinking of the pearl diver when you hammered, but instead realized it during the night.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 05, 2012, 05:19:56 pm »

*Crickets*

You could have been answering this concern that you skirted around the first time and completely ignored the second time:

Didn't say it because I realized when I expressed intent to hammer that no was likely to Unvote.

So.... That isn't answering my concern.

That you thought no one was going to unvote doesn't change the fact that you could have explained why you were hammering (supposedly to allow the pearl diver the chance to dive w/o being cursed) when you hammered. Instead, you waited until the next day. This makes it look like you weren't thinking of the pearl diver when you hammered, but instead realized it during the night.

Wanted to get the post up quickly before Jo or someone else with a scum read on me unvoted. And no I was thinking of the pearl diver when I hammered though of course you won't believe me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 05, 2012, 05:23:45 pm »

still not good enough for me... It isn't that hard to say as such... and why the worry that someone would unvote? That would have been great as it would have provided more opportunity to discuss.

And did you make an effort to make a second post before the thread was locked... yes I know that there was just over 1 minute between your post and jorbles lock... but plenty of time to say "FYI I hammered because I wanted to make sure eevee would have the chance to dive w/o being turned into a chicken."

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 05, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »

still not good enough for me... It isn't that hard to say as such... and why the worry that someone would unvote? That would have been great as it would have provided more opportunity to discuss.

And did you make an effort to make a second post before the thread was locked... yes I know that there was just over 1 minute between your post and jorbles lock... but plenty of time to say "FYI I hammered because I wanted to make sure eevee would have the chance to dive w/o being turned into a chicken."

Yes, and when I hit post I saw 1 post had come in and it was the thread lock.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: November 05, 2012, 05:27:34 pm »

Regardless of that when the game is over Jorbles will post the PM I sent him explaining why I quickhammered because I sent him the reasoning when I saw I couldn't post it here. And yuma it's not like you've been a huge contributor this game, why should I believe your town when your tunneling so god damn hard on another townie. Even if I was scum tunneling is still anti-town as it's not allowing you to look at the bigger picture.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 05, 2012, 05:32:51 pm »

Yes, and when I hit post I saw 1 post had come in and it was the thread lock.

alright... I can't dispute that obviously... but man I certainly had to drag this information out of you.

And to answer the next post... I have contributed, at least as much as my schedule has allowed me to do so. And if tunneling is trying to get an accurate idea of what went down at a lynch that I wasn't present at because it ended while I was in school.... and not just blindly accepting a statement from you as true well then tunneling has suddenly become pro-town.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 05, 2012, 05:35:50 pm »

Heres the thing yuma, I get why you don't accept my statement without "dragging" it out but really think about how I've played scum, do you think I'm going to risk quickhammering and then come up with a defense for it as scum, or do you think I'm more likely to wait it out before hammering or even still NOT hammer.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 05, 2012, 05:37:53 pm »

Insomniac's response gave me a really weird vibe. And not for the first time. His apathetic attitude of "Well I just don't want to be in this town anymore so just lynch me" along with his calling anybody who critiques him as anti-town tunneling come off extremely disingenuous. He's been combative and overly aggressive, and taken a "see if I care this town is stupid anyway" attitude that I really have a hard time accepting from town Insomniac.

Does anybody else get this feeling from him?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 05, 2012, 05:39:22 pm »

Insomniac's response gave me a really weird vibe. And not for the first time. His apathetic attitude of "Well I just don't want to be in this town anymore so just lynch me" along with his calling anybody who critiques him as anti-town tunneling come off extremely disingenuous. He's been combative and overly aggressive, and taken a "see if I care this town is stupid anyway" attitude that I really have a hard time accepting from town Insomniac.

I've been angry at this game since we lynched our cop day 1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 05, 2012, 05:39:57 pm »

Heres the thing yuma, I get why you don't accept my statement without "dragging" it out but really think about how I've played scum, do you think I'm going to risk quickhammering and then come up with a defense for it as scum, or do you think I'm more likely to wait it out before hammering or even still NOT hammer.

that is what I am trying to figure out. But first I needed to at least attempt to get the facts figured out and get a full statement from you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:13 pm »

I didn't ask you.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: November 05, 2012, 05:41:54 pm »

Insomniac has also used the "Scum me wouldn't play that way" more than I think has ever been used in all f.DS games combined. It's like permanently attached as a sig in all his messages.

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 05, 2012, 05:42:12 pm »

I didn't ask you.

Actually since the way you wrote your question does not implicitly not include me it therefore explicitly includes me. So you did ask me, along with everyone who is not you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 05, 2012, 05:45:16 pm »

7 people left? 2 scum? If I die it goes to LyLo?
(5 Town v 2 scum, less 2 town is 3 Town v 2 Scum)

Vote: Insomniac

yuma/Galz whichever of you is scum go ahead and hammer. I dare you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:22 pm »

7 people left? 2 scum? If I die it goes to LyLo?
(5 Town v 2 scum, less 2 town is 3 Town v 2 Scum)

Vote: Insomniac

yuma/Galz whichever of you is scum go ahead and hammer. I dare you.

And yet you have the audacity to call other people's questioning of your actions as "tunneling" and "anti-town"?

Sure, fine. Vote: Insomniac

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 05, 2012, 05:49:35 pm »

Congrats Galz, You've caused our cop to get lynched and now caused the town to go to LyLo. Enjoy.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 68  All

Page created in 2.208 seconds with 19 queries.