Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 166187 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 2)
« Reply #1125 on: October 26, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »

It just seems ... convenient. That he was the top wagon and now he's a chicken. And yesterday, chickens such as myself proved (from a mafia perspective) irritatingly hard to lynch. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 26, 2012, 06:01:49 pm »

It just seems ... convenient. That he was the top wagon and now he's a chicken. And yesterday, chickens such as myself proved (from a mafia perspective) irritatingly hard to lynch. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
I also feel this way, and I'm still keeping my vote where it is.  Clearly it's harder for Ash to defend himself now, but I also get a lot of reads based on how people react to others and pressure in general, and now this will be gone (or at least diminished) from ash.  This absolutely could have been intentional.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #1127 on: October 26, 2012, 06:02:46 pm »

Speaking of the Robz wagon, the person who loks really bad there, and on mine, is definitely ashersky. In rereading, he came off very scummy. He started the first Robz wagon at 467. And if you have a minute, skim pages 19 and 20 and that weird exchange between ash, Robz, and Eevee.

vote: ashersky

I read this and I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to.  Could you please make this case a bit more explicitly?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 26, 2012, 06:09:12 pm »

Galz: Posted ONCE all of day 2 until I voted him based on this and my above case. When I did he came in and posted a bunch. This is a lot like what Grujah did and Galz rightly called him out for in a game we can't currently talk too much about.

Grujah: I actually feel a bit more that he is town now but I'm still very wary of him. A bit more town doesn't mean I have a town read I just dont suspect him as much as I did at the beginning of the day.

Eevee: Has appealed to emotions to get people to unvote him, I don't like this at all so he is still way up on my suspicion list. (Top 2)

I'm not so hot on Galzria, and not so hot on him posting once before you made a case on him.  You made a case on him really early.  Like within 1 RL day of the forum unlock, Galz is here and posting at a normal rate I feel.  Are you going to say taht 1 post in the first RL day of day 2 was really that scummy  We're hardly even 3 full RL days into day 2!  This is waaay too little evidence to try to frame Galz up as a lurking scum.  this is really a terrible case.

Eevee's situation however has more inherent scumminess in my opinion. 
I WAS NOT THE MAIN PERSECUTOR OF ROBZ!!

Ins is still a semi-townread for me. Grujah is a BIG one. Still like my galZ vote!

I also suspect Archetype
Who were the main persecutors of Robz?  Why is it so wrong for the hammer of our town-PR to be inspected?  Eevee seems really offended to be painted in an anti-Robz light, but he literally was the final nail in his coffin.

Also, the case on Archetype is not good in my opinion, and I have zero suspicion of him.  Where does your suspicion come from, Eevee?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 26, 2012, 06:11:51 pm »

I'm not so hot on Galzria, and not so hot on him posting once before you made a case on him.  You made a case on him really early.  Like within 1 RL day of the forum unlock, Galz is here and posting at a normal rate I feel.  Are you going to say taht 1 post in the first RL day of day 2 was really that scummy  We're hardly even 3 full RL days into day 2!  This is waaay too little evidence to try to frame Galz up as a lurking scum.  this is really a terrible case.
Agh, this is unclear.  I mean to say that the case Insomniac makes on him (the fact that Galz posted ONLY once before being suspected and then coming back to respond) is incredibly weak.  Insomniac's case came within 1 RL day for the forum unlock, so the all-caps on the word only is ridiculous.  Yes, only 1 post in an entire day.  It's almost as if...he was busy.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 26, 2012, 06:54:17 pm »

... So I would advise you to have a DAMN good plan going into D3 after I flip and reveal. My lynch is one that very, very easily could be driven by town, so a wagon against me wouldn't be terribly informative. Put another way, if I'm lynched, I would  (A) Lynch Eevee, and (B) look at the cross-section of those NOT on my wagon against those ON Robz.

And yes, I realize that your belief that I'm scum will taint anything I say NOW - but once I flip, I want you to have something concrete to go back and review. To you especially Insomniac - if I'm lynched, read what I've said carefully, and think how best to apply it.

Other than all that however, I don't know how much more there is for me to say. I put myself and town in a bad way. But I can't change that, nor do I have the same desire to push like hell today. So... Yeah.

this seems like something to say at L-1 or L-2 but not at only 2 votes...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 27, 2012, 07:19:54 am »

We could put out a all to day vig him, and the persecute his wagon pushers if he flips town.

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 27, 2012, 08:33:35 am »

We could. Unless of course, irony or ironies, he turns out to be the Cutpurse.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 27, 2012, 10:22:18 am »

We could put out a all to day vig him, and the persecute his wagon pushers if he flips town.

That would be a great plan for scum to suggest if you knew his wagon pushers are townies (at least one is in me...) Day kill one townie and then push town hard to lynch another townie. But I don't think ashersky is town. So the day vig is worth discussing at least.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 27, 2012, 11:29:12 pm »

well I guess it doesn't really matter that ashersky is cursed as it appears no one is really going to be talking during the entire time he is cursed...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 28, 2012, 01:24:28 am »

I'm starting to think that 1 week days are a little aggressive for games in general.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 28, 2012, 02:02:36 am »

1 week is especially aggressive if there is hardly any posting over the weekends.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 28, 2012, 07:20:45 pm »

So tired, and need to catch up.

What's the vote tally?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 28, 2012, 07:27:15 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

ashersky (4): Eevee, yuma, shraeye, jotheonah
Captain_Frisk (1): Archetype
Galzria (2): Captain_Frisk, Insomniac
shraeye (1): Grujah
Eevee (1): Galzria
Not voting (2): ashersky, Cuzz

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: Insomniac

Curse deadline: Friday Oct 26, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 30, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

I think nothing has changed after this. Insomniac voted for Galz, but he was already there.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 28, 2012, 07:57:52 pm »

Chicken vote: CF

chicken
chicken
chicken chicken chicken
chicken

Chicken chicken.

Chicken: unvote

Chicken vote: yuma

chicken
chicken
chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken

chicken

Chicken vote: Galzria
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: October 28, 2012, 07:58:58 pm »

chicken chicken chicken chicken

Chicken vote: archetype
Chicken vote: eevee
Chicken vote: grujah
Chicken vote: insomniac
Chicken vote: yuma
Chicken vote: jotheonah
Chicken vote: cuzz
Chicken vote: shraeye
Chicken vote: Captain Frisk

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 28, 2012, 07:59:39 pm »

Vote: Galzria

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 28, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »

ash: ? I am guessing you are saying that it would be a bad idea to day vig you? Go figure...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:21 pm »

All of us are posting in the winter-thread and not doing anything here! Not good, not good.

I feel worse and worse about the ashersky lynch as the day progresses. Thoughts on Galzria are still the same though, if it was up to me he'd be hammered asap and we could get on with this game, maybe have a more active tomorrow.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 28, 2012, 11:58:48 pm »

All of us are posting in the winter-thread and not doing anything here! Not good, not good.

I feel worse and worse about the ashersky lynch as the day progresses. Thoughts on Galzria are still the same though, if it was up to me he'd be hammered asap and we could get on with this game, maybe have a more active tomorrow.

winter thread? what is that?

Like I said in the VLA thread I don't know how much I will be able to post tomorrow. I have my usual work/rotations and then a family halloween party at night. So I will post at some point tomorrow, I just don't know when. And once again, I will not be online during the lynch deadline, but if we are still rolling will get up early to post and cast final vote before heading to rotations.

I am still on board for the ashersky lynch. Eevee what is making you feel worse and worse about it?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 29, 2012, 12:05:57 am »

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5214.0 Not particularly relevant!

Nothing very concrete (in fact the concrete evidence of him not being dead yet is making it slightly more likely he is mafia). It's the wifom of him being chickened and his defenses seeming townlike to me on a gut level, mostly the latter.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 29, 2012, 12:39:04 am »

I'm not ok with an ashersky lynch, wouldnt mind a Galz lynch, and prefer a Captain_Frisk.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 29, 2012, 01:03:58 am »

I will note this happens to me every game it seems.  Shraeye and I are alike in this, in that everyone reads us as scummy and we're always town.  Like now.

Rereading and found this gem from ashersky. For the second time today I'll mention that usually I hate going off of scumslips, yet make an exception here. And unlike the Arch one in which I misinterpreted the context, this one seems more black and white. Ashersky is declaring here that he knows shraeye is town in this game. He later in the above post even goes on to put a scumread on shraeye, but that's not even the real issue. Ashersky expressed knowledge of another player's alignment, scum scum scum.

That plus the convenient timing of his bechickening, when yesterday scum certainly noticed how hesitant we were to lynch chickens. And he was on the Robz wagon of course. Deadline is coming up sooner than I realized, so I'll vote: ashersky.

It's been quiet this weekend though, so I want to hear some more discussion before anyone hammers.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 29, 2012, 01:05:22 am »

Actually looks like that's still only L-2 since Eevee switched his vote.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 29, 2012, 02:08:51 am »

Chicken vote: Cuzz

chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken
chicken

chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken

chicken chicken

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 68  All

Page created in 1.22 seconds with 19 queries.