Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 166068 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 2)
« Reply #1075 on: October 25, 2012, 04:28:53 pm »

My feeling on being poster #1 are that I spamed a lot near deadline and that boosted it up by, I would guess, 30?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 25, 2012, 04:29:53 pm »

Which bring into light the fact that Galz, too, was there, active during deadline, but he posted the least at that chaotic time (me, ins, cf, eevee being way worse).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 25, 2012, 04:30:07 pm »

Even jo/Volt maybe posted more that that time.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 25, 2012, 04:30:15 pm »

What are your feelings on your lower than average post count?

The average is 74.2. I'm at 62 in your count. /shrug. Go back and look at all the games I've been in recently - I've been growing sick and tired of having to post 10,000 times because it's "normal" for me. I don't have that amount of time to dedicate to all the games that I'm in. So I play and post when I can, and try to keep a semblance of average. Not "not contributing", but also pulling my weight - something that regardless of my post count, you'll have to agree I more than did (for the worse) in the Robz lynch.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 25, 2012, 04:37:55 pm »

The average is 74.2. I'm at 62 in your count. /shrug. Go back and look at all the games I've been in recently - I've been growing sick and tired of having to post 10,000 times because it's "normal" for me. I don't have that amount of time to dedicate to all the games that I'm in. So I play and post when I can, and try to keep a semblance of average. Not "not contributing", but also pulling my weight - something that regardless of my post count, you'll have to agree I more than did (for the worse) in the Robz lynch.

I'm not talking about average relative to other players.  Average relative to your high standards.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: October 25, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »

I'm not talking about average relative to other players.  Average relative to your high standards.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 25, 2012, 04:40:36 pm »

You aren't even in any other running games!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 25, 2012, 04:49:04 pm »

So whats your take on where to go Galz?  Day 2 - we have some info - where is all of the weight you've been pulling today?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 25, 2012, 04:52:52 pm »

That's not actually true - but suffice it to be close to the truth.

And it's not just the games themselves that I'm active in. And it's not just online-forum stuff that eats my time.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 25, 2012, 04:54:00 pm »

So whats your take on where to go Galz?  Day 2 - we have some info - where is all of the weight you've been pulling today?

I answered this question in both my first two posts this day.

Mafia Record:

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 25, 2012, 05:09:33 pm »

*coughnoneofthiscough*

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 25, 2012, 05:13:00 pm »

*coughnoneofthiscough*

Well I can't just let falsities go by can I?  ;)

Mafia Record:

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 25, 2012, 05:52:47 pm »

Vote: Captain_Frisk

Here's why:

He was on both the Grujah and Robz wagon. That should be scummy enough, but no, there's more.

This statement is a scumslip.  We don't know that Grujah is town.  I don't at least.  Being on the RobZ wagon is scummy - but such is life.
I wasn't saying you were scummy for voting for Grujah, I said you were scummy for being on both of the bandwagons. The other bandwagon could've been anyone, it would have still be scummy for you to be on it.

Does anyone know what the current vote count is?
Probably not a big deal, but he could be looking for where he can jump on a bandwagon, and hopefully fuel it to a lynch.
Please - The last vote count was 65 posts ago.  I asked because I wanted to size up the wagons - and it was nearly lynch time.  At least he admits this is weak sauce.
Yep, I know. Probably nothing, just found it when I did a re-read.

Vote: Archetype Lurking and scummy position on wagon.
That's ironic. I'm in the same position as you were on the Grujah wagon.

False statement.   I was 5th on the Grujah wagon.  Per vote count 1.11 he was 3rd on joth.  Maybe there was some jumping around - but really the lurking was out.  Remember?  We were all about lynching lurkers in this game after Grujah lurked out a scum victory?

Grujah Wagon: Voltgloss, Robz888, Eevee, Captain_Frisk

Robz Wagon: Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Voltgloss, ashersky, jotheonah

I'm going to do a: Fos: C_F
I posted the bandwagon members in the order in which they got on it. Since Voltgloss is now mod-confirmed town, Captain_Frisk seems to be the other likely candidate.

I found it pretty hilarious when he voted for me for the reasons he did. At the time, he didn't post that often by all means, and he called my postion on the jo wagon 'scummy' even though that was the position he was in on the Grujah wagon.

The fact that he still hasn't responded to my comment makes him even more scummy.
Still false.
How?

Robz, fwiw I will hammer you just before the deadline if nolynch is the alternative. I don't like archetype lynch.

Whats your issue with Archetype lynch?
Continues to press a lynch on me. I have a feeling it's because I was one of the few to attack him.

And to answer C_F's question: I don't think Robz likes lynching Town as much as you do.
Continues to press because Eevee doesn't provide reason for not wanting to lynch lurker.
Again. There is a difference between scummy lurking and lurking. You should lynch scummy lurkers. Not lurkers.

There's plenty of more instances where he has acted scummy and anyone who tried to cross him was inflicted in some way (Volt being chickenized).

I hope I'm not the only one who has noticed Captian_Frisk's general anti-town play.
Specifics please? 

I'm pretty sure that I was the first person to try to get us out of RVS by talking about chicken strategy - and while I was out for the weekend, I did my best to help decode Volt / Joth's chicken speak.  Nobody seemed to understand the 407 thing etc.
You did help out town by translating, but still. Pre being chickened, Volt and you were bashing heads a bit.

Please note: I don't often make big posts, but when I do, they are serious.

*On a much, much lighter note: I finally figured out what your profile is C_F and how it's not a hat.

Also, looks like I was right on Robz not being the right lynch. Now we're down 2 (!) power roles!

Nothing to respond to.

Vote: Archetype

Bad case is bad and he should feel bad for letting his scumteam down.
Nothing to respond to either.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 25, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »

I like Archetype's review of C_F (even if it seems a bit OMGUS-fueled) who I also rank on the scummy side.  He was the antithesis of lurker on D1, but didn't offer much, and instead wagon hunted and had others do his work for him.  But more than that, his throwaway response to Arch was not helpful at all, and doesn't paint him in a town light.

what did you like about Arch's case on CF? Do you agree with all of it?

I felt the case on Robz was good, and clearly I wasn't the only one.  So I disagree that that is a good reason to vote for me now.  I am just the easy target for scum to push, as I look awfully bad after the Robz flip.  Honestly, I expected it.

When you wrote this, there were four people voting for you. eevee, me, grujah and shraeye. You have stated that you have town reads on eevee and grujah. So does that mean you think shraeye and I are the scum pushing your wagon?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Night 1 underway)
« Reply #1089 on: October 25, 2012, 06:57:46 pm »

Chicken Vote: Eevee
Chicken Vote: Grujah
Chicken Vote: Galzria

Insomniac:

1st chicken question: Did my analysis on Galz influence your read/vote on him at all?

2nd chicken question: In my analysis I basically surmised that Galz wasn't as suspicious to me as ashersky, but that Robz did have a valid point in stating that Galz may have "postured." Is there anything in my analysis that you disagree with? Chicken yes or chicken chicken no

3rd chicken question: If chicken yes, In that post there are 6 quotes. Type the number of chickens that corresponds to the text below the quote if you disagree with my analysis.

Frisk: If you want to answer the above questions as well, I would be interested to hear. But you don't have to respond in chicken.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 25, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »

Chicken Vote: yuma
Chicken Chicken
Chicken Unvote

Chicken Chicken
Chicken Unvote

Chicken Vote: Galzria
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 25, 2012, 07:37:09 pm »

Also no and no.  Had a major work disaster so may not be posting much for a bit.

Cross your fingers for data recovery!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 25, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »

Vote: Captain_Frisk

Here's why:

He was on both the Grujah and Robz wagon. That should be scummy enough, but no, there's more.

This statement is a scumslip.  We don't know that Grujah is town.  I don't at least.  Being on the RobZ wagon is scummy - but such is life.
I wasn't saying you were scummy for voting for Grujah, I said you were scummy for being on both of the bandwagons. The other bandwagon could've been anyone, it would have still be scummy for you to be on it.
This was my read of it too, but i wanted to see what archetype had to say in case i misread the situation.  I'm still not sure who's right inthe argument about position on the wagon, but I don't really buy much into people being 5th on versus 3rd on or whatever.  On is on.

However, I don't really care to differentiate between lurking and scummy lurking.  Lurking is lurking and it is bad.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 25, 2012, 10:47:09 pm »

So has anyone else noticed that it is kinda odd that we only have one person cursed today when we are likely to have two cursed players?

What are possible explanations for that? Does it matter?

1-Robz was the chicken target and he died so couldn't be cursed?
2-Both the random and the scum target hit Insomniac?

Voltgloss couldn't have factored into it right? Because his protection was a night action... I wonder if his night action last night will still take effect even though he is dead?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 25, 2012, 10:51:21 pm »

Or Robz was the random curser.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: October 25, 2012, 10:55:45 pm »

That's what I was thinking.

Yuma, I'm interested on your thoughts on the C_F/me case.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 25, 2012, 10:57:10 pm »

Chicken chicken
Chicken Unvote

Chicken Chicken
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 25, 2012, 11:04:29 pm »

That's what I was thinking.

Yuma, I'm interested on your thoughts on the C_F/me case.

I side more on the side of CF. Your case didn't resonate with me. That is the reason I asked ashersky what he saw in it, because it was lacking to me.

I don't put much stock in voting position. The meta of scum joining the lynch at the 3rd position has been around long enough that scum players know about it, so it is loaded. So I don't agree with either of you there...

I don't know about the scumslip... I have seen enough of those from townie players and from scummy players. On its own they don't mean anything, but added to other scummy behavior they can be pretty damning.

I think ashersky is more scummy than you, but I understand why others are voting for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 26, 2012, 01:04:47 am »

I thought it was one of the VTs that was a random curser.  I think that either a curse hit whoever died at night or they just happened to double up.  When random is involved, things sometimes occur...randomly.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 26, 2012, 01:54:37 am »

I like Archetype's review of C_F (even if it seems a bit OMGUS-fueled) who I also rank on the scummy side.  He was the antithesis of lurker on D1, but didn't offer much, and instead wagon hunted and had others do his work for him.  But more than that, his throwaway response to Arch was not helpful at all, and doesn't paint him in a town light.

what did you like about Arch's case on CF? Do you agree with all of it?

I felt the case on Robz was good, and clearly I wasn't the only one.  So I disagree that that is a good reason to vote for me now.  I am just the easy target for scum to push, as I look awfully bad after the Robz flip.  Honestly, I expected it.

When you wrote this, there were four people voting for you. eevee, me, grujah and shraeye. You have stated that you have town reads on eevee and grujah. So does that mean you think shraeye and I are the scum pushing your wagon?

On the Arch position on CF:  I agree with the sentiment that Frisk has been more anti-town in his play than usually, and that he tunneled a bit on D1.  I went back to re-read (#1017 for reference) and I think he lost something in the way he wrote it, but he's generally on when he says that Frisk was on both wagons, voted for Arch for odd reasons, and CF's lack of answer to his comments.

More than that, the fact that Frisk hadn't responded well to any comments at least up through my post (he did respond to Shraeye) looked bad.  His reactions to others was scummy.

On your second question, I think it's very possible that my wagon is town led.  I led Robz's lynch as town, after all.  I'm the easy target for scum to push, sure, but I could see town doing it.  On who of the four on my wagon could be scum, you noted my reads already, and I've mentioned Shraeye as scummish.  You were lurky on D1, more active on D2, but you had a V/LA type excuse I think.  Your contributions seem to be good, if wrong (on me).  And if I'm wrong on Grujah, I'm wrong on Galz, as I still think of them has to be scum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 68  All

Page created in 2.534 seconds with 19 queries.