Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]  All

Author Topic: Bastard Mafia VI: Where the Roles are Made Up and the Votes Don't Matter  (Read 39965 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Mafia VI: Where the Roles are Made Up and the Votes Don't Matter
« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2012, 05:12:44 pm »

GAME OVER

Glooble has died, he was a Vanilla Townie.

Scum team WINS. It was: Voltgloss, Cuzz, and cayvie. FLAWLESS VICTORY.

Vanilla townie ashersky has been endgamed.

Scum team knows the whole setup, they can explain it at this point if they like. I will post the real whole setup tonight when I get to my home computer where the worddoc is saved.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2012, 05:14:18 pm »

This is a lie, as he did NOT PINL.

The TRUTH, is that I've been brought back to life, and am now unlynchable (although I CAN be NK'd), so Doctors should protect me.

I'll still Vote: Volt though.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 09, 2012, 05:24:03 pm »

at least i suspected the right people. not shocked that my lynch was scum-driven.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2012, 05:25:59 pm »

I want to know the setup!

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 09, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »

me too.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 09, 2012, 05:28:37 pm »

I'm sorry Galz, I can't hear you over the roar of our victory  ;)

Good game all.  Props to my fellow scummates.  Here's the setup.

1.  jo told us ahead of time that all townies had the same rotating Power Role.  We knew everyone started as Doctor, but didn't know subsequent roles until you all did.

2.  Each night, we could have one player submit the scum nightkill; one player perform the town's power role; and one player roleblock someone else.

3.  We also had a "bonus" each night to mitigate the town's power roles.  Night 1, our killer could make two kill commands.  Night 2, our killer was a ninja.  Night 3, we couldn't perform a Vig kill, but instead could make one person bulletproof.

Night 1, we targeted the two worst lurkers (Archetype and shraeye) as being the least likely town doctor targets, and fortuitously roleblocked the third-worst (Glooble).

Night 2, I tracked Glooble (for realz), Cuzz roleblocked Eevee to set him up as untrustworthy, and cayvie ninja-killed Robz.

Night 3, we made Cuzz bulletproof, killed Glooble, and roleblocked ashersky.

And that, as they say, is that!  PINL.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 09, 2012, 05:31:57 pm »

Was there a speccy QT?  I'm curious to read it, if so.

Our scum QT is http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/5FcRxRVekTV.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 09, 2012, 05:33:30 pm »

Oh, and we doctored cayvie Night 1, because cayvie surviving Night 1 means her team wins  ;D

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 09, 2012, 05:37:52 pm »

we got hilariously lucky night 1, but i think the setup was pretty biased toward us to begin with!

idk though, if we were behind going into n3, we could have been massacred.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2012, 05:41:40 pm »

town had no chance here, sigh.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »

1.  jo told us ahead of time that all townies had the same rotating Power Role.  We knew everyone started as Doctor, but didn't know subsequent roles until you all did.

2.  Each night, we could have one player submit the scum nightkill; one player perform the town's power role; and one player roleblock someone else.

3.  We also had a "bonus" each night to mitigate the town's power roles.  Night 1, our killer could make two kill commands.  Night 2, our killer was a ninja.  Night 3, we couldn't perform a Vig kill, but instead could make one person bulletproof.

Night 1, we targeted the two worst lurkers (Archetype and shraeye) as being the least likely town doctor targets, and fortuitously roleblocked the third-worst (Glooble).

Night 2, I tracked Glooble (for realz), Cuzz roleblocked Eevee to set him up as untrustworthy, and cayvie ninja-killed Robz.

Didn't your extras each night make town's powers useless?  Double kill beats doc as the doctoring only blocks the first kill, no matter how many docs targeted the same kill target, ninja defeats tracker no matter what, and bulletproof beats vig, unless it only stops one shot?  Tough game for town...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2012, 05:44:59 pm »

Didn't your extras each night make town's powers useless?  Double kill beats doc as the doctoring only blocks the first kill, no matter how many docs targeted the same kill target, ninja defeats tracker no matter what, and bulletproof beats vig, unless it only stops one shot?  Tough game for town...

I'm not sure whether multiple doc protections vs. two kills would result in a death or not.  As it was, we took the chance of spreading out the kills and got lucky there.

Ninja defeats tracker... sort of.  Someone tracking the ninja gets a "they targeted no one" result.  By that time, everyone had claimed to be a tracker, so a "they targeted no one" result is in and of itself suspicious.

Bulletproof was only a one-shot bulletproof.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2012, 10:32:27 pm »

Every townie was a PR. The powers were all designed to mitigate that advantage without totally cancelling it out. 2 night kills because the odds are at least one would be doctored. One BP scum, but the many town viges could still kill either of the others.

Also, scum would lose powers as they died - first the roleblock, than the town power.

HERE IS THE FULL SETUP (this version has the SK I was going to add if more people showed up):

BM VI setup

All towns are rotating power roles and they all have the same power role at the same time

Night 1: Doctor
Night 2: Tracker
Night 3: Vigilante
Night 4: Double Voter
Night 5: Roleblocker
Night 6: Inventor (each person can choose to create a doc, vig, RB, or cop device)
Night 7: Cop
Night 8: Jester

Mafia have three members:

Each night they choose
-1 to get the same power as the town
-1 to perform the kill, with a benefit that offsets the town's power for the night
Night 1: Extra night kill
Night 2: Ninja kill
Night 3: Bulletproof
Night 4: Lynchproof
Night 5: All 3 scum can perform the kill (but they have to target the same person)
Night 6: Can target someone to steal any inventions they would recieve
Night 7: Investigation Immune
Night 8: All mafia become Jesters, but they are hated so take one less vote to lynch
-1 Roleblocker

1 Serial Killer
-Can choose each night whether to be BP, LP the NEXT day, or II. Can use each a maximum of twice in a row.

PMS:

You are a Town Rotating Power Role. At the start of each day you will be told what your power role is for that night. Tonight, Night 1, you will be a doctor. You can target one player and if that player is targeted fo a night kill they will survive.

You win when only town-aligned players remain.

You are a Mafia Goon. Your scummates ar X and X. You get to know the secret of the setup, of which the TOWN IS UNAWARE. They are all power roles, but a different power role each night. Night 1, they will all be Doctors.

You have 3 mafia roles between the three of you, that you may divy up each night. One of you will be a roleblocker. One of you will have whatever power the town has. One of you will perform the factional kill, with a bonus that counteracts, to some degree, the town's power roles. Night 1's bonus is an extra nightkill. The person selected for this role may target two people.
When 1 member of your team dies, the roleblocker power will be eliminated. When 2 members are dead, the town power will be eliminated.

You are a Serial Killer. Each night you may choose someone in the town to kill.

Something very strange is going on in this game with the town's roles, and if you can figure it out it may help you with a choice you will have to make AT THE START OF EACH NIGHT PHASE.  You will select whether to be Bulletproof, Investigation Immune, Lynchproof the following day, have a Strongman kill, or have a Ninja kill. You may not make the same selection more than twice in a row.

The other nights would have been pretty fun. I probably should have done more math to figure out how many nights the game would actually last and tailored the setup accordingly, but I was expecting you to catch at least one scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2012, 09:16:46 am »

Oh totally missed the end of this somehow. Yeah scum was a bit OP in this setup, but we had to get a bit lucky too: both N1 kills going through, and lynching town first three days in a row.

Bastard games are fun though. Thanks for hosting joth!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]  All

Page created in 1.616 seconds with 20 queries.