Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The unstoppable Forager deck  (Read 1792 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
The unstoppable Forager deck
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:36:12 pm »

It is simple: Buy lots of Foragers, (and preferably a drawing card) and trash some coppers. When your deck kicks in, foragers will be worth 4/5, you will have an abundance of coppers to trash, (extra buys from forager) and lots of money, buying probably at least two provinces every turn.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
Re: The unstoppable Forager deck
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:38:11 pm »
+1

Not sure if trolling....

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:38:18 pm »

That's not how Forager works. It gives +$1 for each DIFFERENT treasure in the trash. So if there's five coppers in the trash, it's still only gives +$1. If there's one copper, one silver, one gold, one platinum, and one Horn of Plenty, THEN Forager will give +$5. But that's pretty hard to set up.

Forager gets to $1 basically trivially as soon as you trash a copper, it gets to $2 fairly easily if you're building an engine (you probably don't mind trashing that silver you opened with once you have some festivals or whatever), but getting it above that requires either a deliberate commitment (to buy a gold just to trash it) or some extra early-game-use treasures on the board (Loan, Talisman maybe, maybe potion, etc.) or some alternate reason to trash treasures (Remake Gold/Plat to Plat/Col, etc.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:41:34 pm by ftl »

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:51:38 pm »

That's not how Forager works. It gives +$1 for each DIFFERENT treasure in the trash. So if there's five coppers in the trash, it's still only gives +$1. If there's one copper, one silver, one gold, one platinum, and one Horn of Plenty, THEN Forager will give +$5. But that's pretty hard to set up.

Forager gets to $1 basically trivially as soon as you trash a copper, it gets to $2 fairly easily if you're building an engine (you probably don't mind trashing that silver you opened with once you have some festivals or whatever), but getting it above that requires either a deliberate commitment (to buy a gold just to trash it) or some extra early-game-use treasures on the board (Loan, Talisman maybe, maybe potion, etc.) or some alternate reason to trash treasures (Remake Gold/Plat to Plat/Col, etc.)
oh wow i totally misread forager...  :-[ :-[ :-[
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:00:36 pm »

oh and by remake I meant remodel

nitpicking myself

Squidd

• Golem
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 09:31:58 am »

Played a nice one last night with Forager/Counterfeit. There was some heavy cursing, so everybody loaded up on Foragers, which then lead to interesting decision points like "Yes, Counterfeiting that Silver will bring you up to $8, but then Forager will be worth $4 for everyone. Worth it?"

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:21 pm »

...or some Knights or Pirate Ships or whatever that'll send Gold to the trash anyway.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.