Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Market Square / Masquerade  (Read 2050 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Market Square / Masquerade
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:05:07 pm »
+1

This combo seems pretty darn strong to me, and it even makes a good opening if my experience with it means anything.  We all know Masquerade is a great way to quickly trash early cards AND a good card for Big Money. Having a Market Square in hand during early trashing is fairly likely, so you can trash Estates/Coppers while gaining Gold without actually hitting $6 (Or if you hit that awkward Silver + 4 coppers and want to trash but also get a Gold, hey, here's a great situation for Market Square).  It's a good way to get a 'Tunnel effect' going faster than Tunnel ever could, and to make matters better, Market Square is a nonterminal source of +Buy.  Any thoughts?  I guess it has the drawback that you don't really need to trash the Copper for BM, but perhaps you can use it to transition in to an engine and only keep the good money.  At any rate, I like it.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Re: Market Square / Masquerade
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:52:07 am »

That sounds pretty fun. I had a similar experience with Bishop and Market Square, only I got to trash cards on other people's turn.

It was the first time (since my early newbie days) that I bought a Feodum in my first two hands. I was banking on drawing Feodum and Market Square while one of the other three players played Bishop. It paid off. I collected my four Treasure cards with a smile. I then tried to duplicate that by buying another Feodum, but it didn't work out that well. But, even when I didn't have Market Square in my hand, I was able to trash the Feodum later to get three more Silver.

I mostly play completely random setups, so when I see the Market Square out there, it's often in a kingdom where I don't get to use the reaction. It's fun to have kingdoms that make Market Square worth it, and Masquerade sounds like a hoot.

A man has no signature
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.