Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 159932 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #700 on: November 20, 2012, 12:41:50 pm »

Well this is unfortunate. I hate huuma lynch or my own lynch, and the alternatives I propose are being shot down because I'm the one proposing them. What can I do here?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 20, 2012, 12:42:22 pm »

Since then he has been very lurky. Not adding much to the conversation at all.
As a hydra partner to Eevee, I can verify this is also a his town behavior.  I don't recall his scum behavior though so it could be a null tell.

yeah, ash is who I am talking about... I would certainly not qualify eevee as lurky. He is constantly toward the top of the posters of late.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 20, 2012, 12:42:36 pm »

but the point of both is that looking for scum off my wagon has a high percentage of finding scum. This is the biggest reason I abandoned my ashersky vote and went elsewhere.

yuma, you've hypothesized that there is 1 scum on your wagon, 2 off.  Who do you think is most likely to be that scum?  ashersky?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 20, 2012, 12:42:42 pm »

Well this is unfortunate. I hate huuma lynch or my own lynch, and the alternatives I propose are being shot down because I'm the one proposing them. What can I do here?

ditto most frustrating game ever...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 20, 2012, 12:43:35 pm »

yuma, I think your hypothesis is very sensible, and the opposite some people are proposing is at least as convoluted if not more.

but the point of both is that looking for scum off my wagon has a high percentage of finding scum. This is the biggest reason I abandoned my ashersky vote and went elsewhere.
ashersky could very well be the second scum on the wagon (say after joth), and the third scum (say qvist) would then be expressing the town read on you in hopes of someone town-aligned hammering.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 20, 2012, 12:43:48 pm »

yuma, you've hypothesized that there is 1 scum on your wagon, 2 off.  Who do you think is most likely to be that scum?  ashersky?

Yes, ash. There could be 2 on 1 off as well. But just gut instinct and previous plays at scum and watching games where I knew the setup, that seems to be scum's goal for most lynches; 1 on, 2 off if they can.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 20, 2012, 12:44:42 pm »

In fairness regarding the lurking issue:  ash has a significant timezone difference from most of us.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 20, 2012, 12:46:08 pm »

I don't actually think this is happening?  There are numerous people, including myself, expressing interest in an ashersky lynch.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 20, 2012, 12:46:23 pm »

In fairness regarding the lurking issue:  ash has a significant timezone difference from most of us.

this is true, and I know how frustrating it can be to not be online during this time and have the back and forth with everyone, but he just hasn't said much at all.... but was able to start up and keep up with Blitz 5. And there certainly has been a lot to talk about.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 20, 2012, 12:47:01 pm »

this is true, and I know how frustrating it can be to not be online during this time and have the back and forth with everyone, but he just hasn't said much at all.... but was able to start up and keep up with Blitz 5. And there certainly has been a lot to talk about.

I don't disagree.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 20, 2012, 12:47:26 pm »

Well, my lunch break is over and I need to get off F.DS so I can write this stupid story. (Last day before Thanksgiving break = complete lack of work ethic).

If a yuma hammer isn't dropped when I get back (and I highly doubt it will be, for whatever reason) then I'll change my vote next time I come online. Either to Eevee or ashersky.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 20, 2012, 12:47:31 pm »

I don't actually think this is happening?  There are numerous people, including myself, expressing interest in an ashersky lynch.

I think an ashersky lurker lynch would acceptable to me in and of itself. But the fact that it's been pushed heavily by my top two scumspects, yuma and Eevee, means that it's either a bad idea or I've been way off-base all along. (Which I admit is more than possible).

seconded by you and munch...

basically saying, we are ok with the ash lynch, but not if yuma and eevee join it or propose it.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 20, 2012, 12:49:35 pm »

I think an ashersky lurker lynch would acceptable to me in and of itself. But the fact that it's been pushed heavily by my top two scumspects, yuma and Eevee, means that it's either a bad idea or I've been way off-base all along. (Which I admit is more than possible).

seconded by you and munch...

basically saying, we are ok with the ash lynch, but not if yuma and eevee join it or propose it.

My issue is with eevee.... i"m cool with you yuma.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 20, 2012, 12:51:01 pm »

i dont even know why i'm suspected this much.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 20, 2012, 12:51:55 pm »

This caught my eye earlier and I wanted to respond:

Like, I had a Mod's eye view of MV, and yuma snuck right through that game without ever being suspected.

This situation is kinda different.  As you say, yuma was never suspected in MV.  Here, he HAS been heavily suspected and under a lot of scrutiny.  The question is:  has yuma's play in this game been more akin to yuma's play when pressured as town, or yuma's play when pressured as scum?

For pressured-as-town yuma, I can think of (in my own personal experience) Ozle's Murder Mystery Mafia.  Are there other examples?

For pressured-as-scum yuma, I would suggest MIII, but that may not be a helpful example because the scumlynches there were driven by town power role use. 

What about MXIV?  Did yuma ever come under significant scrutiny there?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 20, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »

Cause scum wont hammer scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 20, 2012, 12:53:40 pm »

Like, I had a Mod's eye view of MV, and yuma snuck right through that game without ever being suspected.

This situation is kinda different.  As you say, yuma was never suspected in MV.  Here, he HAS been heavily suspected and under a lot of scrutiny.  The question is:  has yuma's play in this game been more akin to yuma's play when pressured as town, or yuma's play when pressured as scum?

For pressured-as-town yuma, I can think of (in my own personal experience) Ozle's Murder Mystery Mafia.  Are there other examples?

For pressured-as-scum yuma, I would suggest MIII, but that may not be a helpful example because the scumlynches there were driven by town power role use. 

I had zero pressure in MXIV, but if you look at MVIII I came under some pretty heavy pressure... I was the town 2-shot vig and was pretty close to being lynched.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 20, 2012, 12:55:36 pm »

I'm sad Yuma is still alive in MXI cause wasn't he under a lot of scrutiny early in that game as well?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 20, 2012, 12:56:14 pm »

I'm sad Yuma is still alive in MXI cause wasn't he under a lot of scrutiny early in that game as well?

we don't talk about unfinished games...

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 20, 2012, 12:57:43 pm »

we don't talk about unfinished games...

Oh, Sorry.  I thought you could talk about dead players, which is why I commented on the fact that you were alive.  Didn't know.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2012, 12:59:05 pm »

I was on ashersky a while back and he hasn't done anything town since then so I'd be ok with it.  The large amount of people ok with the lynch signal to me that it's a mislynch though.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2012, 01:00:37 pm »

I was on ashersky a while back and he hasn't done anything town since then so I'd be ok with it.  The large amount of people ok with the lynch signal to me that it's a mislynch though.

This.  It fits nicely with my "lynching scum is harder/slower" theory.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 20, 2012, 01:01:12 pm »

I'm warming up to an ash lynch, but I want to tread carefully.  I still suspect you, yuma.  Less than before, but I still suspect you.  That's part of why I want a chronology of votes/suspicions:  I want to look over your history and assess whether it better fits town!yuma or scum!yuma.

That said, my suspicions of Eevee are decreasing.  The more I think about it, I'm having trouble seeing scum!Eevee coming so strongly, and so consistently, against my yuma-case right out of the gate.  Regardless of whether yuma is scum OR town.

ash, when you get here, I would appreciate a ranking of your scumreads, with reasons (something short will do, a line or two each).

PPE:

Agreed with this last part, especially now that you've said you're ok with it.  No offense.  ;D

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2012, 01:01:34 pm »

This.  It fits nicely with my "lynching scum is harder/slower" theory.
lynching town is hard too.

It's lynching anti-town town that's easy to do.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »

How would you expect scum to react to my direct question? I dont find the reactions alarming at all.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75  All

Page created in 2.345 seconds with 20 queries.