Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: When you DON'T want a prize (and only one has been taken)  (Read 801 times)

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
When you DON'T want a prize (and only one has been taken)
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:19:09 am »
+6

I've never made that decision before: http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201209/28/game-20120928-081104-19dfb091.html

I got super lucky this game (picking up $5 on turns 3 and 5, flipping his Sea Hag on turn 4 - among other things). I ended up taking 8 Hunting Parties, taking them over Gold and Goons so I could play my hag more often (no extra actions).

Then I got lucky again and connected my Tournament with my Province before he did, letting me pick up a Trusty Steed (the only source of +actions).

Next plan was to pick up 2 Goons and play them both every turn. I connected a tournament and a province again and hesitated. Did I want a Followers? The curses were gone and I already had discard+ with Goons, so, no. Princess? Maybe, but with out one +action, I would rather play two goons a turn, so no. When about Bag or Diadem? In order to get the two goons to play every turn I wanted to limit variety in my deck. So no to those too. I definitely didn't want duchies yet.

It felt weird not picking up anything. First time I think.

At that point my opponent resigned (understandably)

After many many games of Dominion, I still find cases that happen for the first time.

Ed

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
Re: When you DON'T want a prize (and only one has been taken)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »

I probably would have gone for the Princess. But it was probably the right call not to. Neat game!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.