Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: When to start greening when you play a crazy minion-conspirator engine  (Read 1161 times)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201209/28/game-20120928-150412-d8e2dc95.html

Ok, so this board is obviously an engine board : Minion, conspirator, Oasis and Grand market together !
It was definitely fun to play. But a question I ask myself is : did I greened too late ? My opponent clearly not played optimally but what is the best time to green in this game ?

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
Re: When to start greening when you play a crazy minion-conspirator engine
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:56:21 pm »
+1

Part of me wants to say that since you won, you greened early enough. That argument always works and can also be applied to a more optimal player; green just before they green and win just before they would.

With a better opponent, it is very important to watch out for three-pile endings in games like this. And, manipulate those endings to your own advantage.

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 11:44:55 pm »

I think you were fine this game. On your turn 13 you drew your whole deck and bought some great engine parts, then turn 14 you were able to quadruple province. That's "gg" right there, especially with the way your opponent was playing. It all depends on what the opponent is doing... since he wasn't making a great engine, you had more time to get yours powerful enough to end the game without a hitch.
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:18:39 pm »

In these games, it usually is just reacting to your opponent, especially if the opponent is building a similar engine (and thus use similar pieces for sooner 3-piling).  As your opponent is playing... 'simple' you have enough time to do what you want to do. 

There were two things that probably could have gone better.  Outpost probably should have been included at some point here.  It is just too good in this setting to be forgotten. 

T15 - I don't know the specifics of deck and discard content, but I am pretty sure that the last minion should not have been discard.  It leaves you exposed for the next hand which was a dud.  Probably a similar idea for T13/T14, but those look more forced (ie. playing the GM has benefits).  Ooh similar idea again for T11. 
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.