Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Google + Walled Village  (Read 58358 times)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
Re: Google + Walled Village
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2012, 08:00:29 am »
+1

If you really want to have the best chance of winning, just get the...  set up specifically for Scout!  [It] has Scout and all the dual-type cards.  The other set has most of the attacks.

FTFY
Well you *do* need a signature...

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2012, 08:29:23 am »
+2

Thin Mint.  Embassy Suites.  Dexter's Laboratory.  Library of Congress.  DeVry University.  The Watchtower.  Bank of America.

Am I doing it right?

No, as I understand this, you have to post a modified pic of the cards, and not a completely unrelated one...

I think you're missing the bottomless font of sarcasm exuding from my post.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2012, 08:42:49 am »
+1

Thin Mint.  Embassy Suites.  Dexter's Laboratory.  Library of Congress.  DeVry University.  The Watchtower.  Bank of America.

Am I doing it right?

No, as I understand this, you have to post a modified pic of the cards, and not a completely unrelated one...

So do I take it that you aren't offended by goko continuing the trends that are being seen in other video games - like exclusive pre-order bonuses?  Soul Caliber having exclusive additional fighters depending on which console you bought it for?  Capcom selling additional DLC for content that is already on the disk?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2012, 08:49:08 am »
+3

Am I doing it right?

So do I take it that you aren't offended by goko continuing the trends that are being seen in other video games - like exclusive pre-order bonuses?  Soul Caliber having exclusive additional fighters depending on which console you bought it for?  Capcom selling additional DLC for content that is already on the disk?

Free-mium games really, really piss me off.  On the other hand, I have zero problem with non-essential content being used to promote a particular platform.  Walled Village is very, very, very, very, very non-essential.  If I had to go through Google to use Mountebank, then I would be pissy.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2012, 08:52:20 am »
+1

Free-mium games really, really piss me off.  On the other hand, I have zero problem with non-essential content being used to promote a particular platform.  Walled Village is very, very, very, very, very non-essential.  If I had to go through Google to use Mountebank, then I would be pissy.

No dominion card is essential!

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2012, 08:53:28 am »
+2

No dominion card is essential!

Province.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2012, 09:06:30 am »
+4

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2012, 09:08:39 am »
+4

Province pile is run out again?  Let's see, we each have 3 points, but you took 1 turn and I took 0 turns, so looks like I win on turns.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2012, 09:18:30 am »
+2

Am I doing it right?

We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2012, 09:26:43 am »
+1

Walled Village is very, very, very, very, very non-essential.  If I had to go through Google to use Mountebank, then I would be pissy.

Yeah, um, I've gotta go with Frisk on this one.  Can you enumerate which cards are essential and which are not?  Envoy, for instance, is often used as a classic BM example, though it is a promo.  Black Market shows up in puzzles all the time.  Is Counting House non-essential because it usually sucks?  Or (dare I say it) Scout?  Does Spy get a pass because it's in the base set, or does it get tossed as non-essential because it sucks for most things?  Duchess?  Pearl Diver?

You see where I'm going with this.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2012, 09:32:41 am »

Ohh, i ignored this thread as it seemed perfectly innocent until the mem thread directed me here.

What awesomeness!

I notice that when I google Walled Village it takes me to the promo card (second link being Walled villages of Hong Kong)

But when I Bing search I get no dominion at all, just Walled villages of Hong Kong!

And when I yahoo searched.......oh wait, nobody bothers to use Yahoo Search anymore.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:11 am »

Ohh, i ignored this thread as it seemed perfectly innocent until the mem thread directed me here.

What awesomeness!

I notice that when I google Walled Village it takes me to the promo card (second link being Walled villages of Hong Kong)

But when I Bing search I get no dominion at all, just Walled villages of Hong Kong!

And when I yahoo searched.......oh wait, nobody bothers to use Yahoo Search anymore.

Try bingiton.com

Ed

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:53 am »

What awesomeness!

Try bingiton.com

Ed

Aww, got all excited then that this was going to be a link to a cheerleader movie, slightly dissapointed now!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2012, 10:14:00 am »
+4

What awesomeness!

Try bingiton.com

Ed

It amuses me that that site has a Google +1 option.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2012, 10:59:27 am »

I have tried to balance the expansions such that pure random works reasonably well with any mix of expansions a person might have. The promos are not factored into this.
Nor are the half-sets on Goko.
Are you just saying I did a poor job of it? I worked with what I had, but I certainly knew some people might have only one half of a particular set and that I wanted the game to work well for those people.

In Prosperity, all but one of the kingdom treasures and two of three attacks are in one set; all of the megaturn cards and VP cards are in the other set.  Both villages (City and WV) are in the same set.  If you really want to have the best chance of winning, just get the "Bigger and Better" half set.  Intrigue, meanwhile, is set up specifically for Scout!  One set has Scout and all the dual-type cards.  The other set has most of the attacks.
Intrigue evenly divides the interactive cards - why single out attacks? Treasure Trove has a pile of treasures, which you can play multiples of without villages. Having the best chance of winning via Bigger and Better would be a specific comment on how well you personally play with those cards vs. other people or the bots. I can't account for you personally and don't even try.

Pure random will work with the sets, therefore, but not with Goko.
You say "therefore" as if you've demonstrated something. You've got nothing, and pure random works fine on Goko.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2012, 11:01:46 am »

Can you enumerate which cards are essential and which are not?  Envoy, for instance, is often used as a classic BM example, though it is a promo.
You play 100 games on isotropic with random cards. As it happens, Envoy doesn't show up in any of them. Huh were those 100 games broken? Were you not really playing Dominion?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2012, 11:06:47 am »
+2

Altavista was so much better than Yahoo.

For some reason I keep expecting someone to post the actual Dominion sell-out cards. Man, maybe you guys don't know about them?

I know what you're thinking. That's a pretty sweet Woodcutter.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2012, 11:10:42 am »

Only if Woodcutter is middle right...although all of them make me feel a little like a dirty pervert!

Ask Jeeves was the best, especially when you asked Jeeves "Why is Jeeves so crap?"

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2012, 11:10:51 am »

Why would this be offensive?  Retheme your game as much as you want!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2012, 11:11:23 am »
+2

For some reason I keep expecting someone to post the actual Dominion sell-out cards. Man, maybe you guys don't know about them?

ANIME NONSENSE

AHH MY EYES

WHY, DONALD X, WHY?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2012, 11:11:57 am »

Darn, just realised I missed the chance to use the word Manga...

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2012, 11:13:31 am »

Can you enumerate which cards are essential and which are not?  Envoy, for instance, is often used as a classic BM example, though it is a promo.
You play 100 games on isotropic with random cards. As it happens, Envoy doesn't show up in any of them. Huh were those 100 games broken? Were you not really playing Dominion?

You play 100 games on isotropic with me with me stating that we have random cards.  Each has the KC-Goons-Masq pin.  Huh were those 100 games broken?

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:05 am »
+1

waitwaitwaitwaitwait

You mean to tell me somebody made a Touhouminion?

I love you and respect your intellectual property and all that but I need those cards.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2012, 12:03:35 pm »
+1

Only if Woodcutter is middle right...although all of them make me feel a little like a dirty pervert!
You have successfully identified Woodcutter.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2012, 12:04:23 pm »
+2

You play 100 games on isotropic with me with me stating that we have random cards.  Each has the KC-Goons-Masq pin.  Huh were those 100 games broken?
You're acting like this question is relevant, but it isn't. Unless you just mean, you don't like that card combo, which would be a new topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 1.443 seconds with 21 queries.