Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Beaten by a level 0 on a Chapel board! What happened?  (Read 1536 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
Beaten by a level 0 on a Chapel board! What happened?
« on: September 18, 2012, 04:39:19 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201209/18/game-20120918-013410-8c4ecce4.html

Is there anything at all I could have done here considering I opened Chapel and still had 3 Estates in my deck on turn 10 (drew Chapel turn 5 with no Estates and then drew it with no Estates again on turn 7) and my opponent managed to trash two Estates and get 2 Alchemists in his deck by turn 5?

I suppose I should have bought a few less Silver but still that doesn't really help here I don't think.

Any ideas?

vintermann

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Re: Beaten by a level 0 on a Chapel board! What happened?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:16:42 am »
+1

I may be totally wrong, but I think I would have gone for some draw earlier, in particular I would have bought labs some of the times you bought markets and bazaars (bazaars? Why would you want bazaars? That goes for you opponent too).

Considering lab is out, I think it was not a good idea to buy a potion in turn 10.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:48 am »

I would really prefer Alch over Lab for consistency in small decks, because the likelihood of choking on green increases very quickly. Especially with a trim deck via Chapel, Alchs are not at all difficult to get. And considering how many Silvers you had, drawing is much stronger than cantrip +$ from Bazaar (but you want Market obviously for the +buy).

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 07:43:58 am »
+1

Turn 5 chapels are often a losing sign. Your opponent wasn't a true level 0 and had very good draws at the start; uncatchable.

You did have an option to take an apprentice on turn 5 and then make a treasure deck. There's enough assistance with a library or maybe even a mandarin to make things tick. It would have run at about the same speed as a big money deck.

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 02:06:48 pm »

Turn 5 chapels are often a losing sign. Your opponent wasn't a true level 0 and had very good draws at the start; uncatchable.

You did have an option to take an apprentice on turn 5 and then make a treasure deck. There's enough assistance with a library or maybe even a mandarin to make things tick. It would have run at about the same speed as a big money deck.

That makes some sense here. I missed it because I think I was already pretty ticked by that point (I also managed to lose a game to the immortal Scout-Fortune Teller opening where my level 3 opponent managed 5 Provinces in 15 turns right before this).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.