Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sabotage  (Read 1018 times)

chesskidnate

• Salvager
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
Sabotage
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:35:42 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201209/16/game-20120916-192127-523a4a1c.html
 My opponent's deck is winning the ambassador tennis and is already buying platinum before I bought anything costing more than five...(see turn 16) and I come back with a massive forge-sabotuer-amb-stables-throne room deck. The interesting points are that I thought saboteur would be strong here because usually ambassador decks have some problems accumulating money early(I probably either didn't get it early enough or late enough) and I knew that a massive stables-throne room chain was my best chance at recovering when I realized how many *gifts* his ambassadors were sending. I think my constant sabotaging is what gives me a shot at recovering because it slows him down enough that he isn't already won before I have time to catch up. By the end his deck is more or less in shambles except for vp cards because of me clogging with ambassador and trashing a lot of his good cards with sabotuer. I messed up with over trashing my coppers which I needed to feed to stables causing me to have a couple of dud turns. I think I was pretty lucky to have a comeback and maybe I should've gotten a second ambassador before my first stables. Any other thoughts on this game or improvements for either side?
Johnny psych profile- I want to prove the weak is strong and vice-versa... which means I build an engine with sticks and stones to watch it fail...

polonkus

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
Re: Sabotage
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 08:15:47 am »

Doesn't look like he had much strategy at all. Many turns when he could have returned copper but didn't, some weird buys (1 NV?). Buying duchies in a colony game. Buying saboteur.

If he had played the ambassador game a little better or had just kept building up to colonies once he got that money lead I think he would have creamed you.
This user is banned.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.458 seconds with 20 queries.