Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]  All

Author Topic: ZM3 - Game Over - Mafia Win - Spec QT Available  (Read 57813 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM3 - Game Over - Mafia Win - Spec QT Available
« Reply #650 on: November 07, 2012, 02:30:56 pm »

It seems like a mafia setup should not be able to end up in a degenerate game state.

Not sure what you mean here? all games can end in a degenerate state if town decides to no lynch and mafia no kill.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 07, 2012, 03:17:01 pm »

Right, but you don't want to create a situation where it is the optimal strategy for town to continue no-lynching and the mafia to continue no-killing.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 07, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »

Right, but you don't want to create a situation where it is the optimal strategy for town to continue no-lynching and the mafia to continue no-killing.

It's not a setup thing its a game state players thing. Like I'm pretty sure every setup favours mafia going into MyLo as opposed to Lylo as their is more players for them  to hide behind.

Similarily in MyLo the town is best off no lynching because they want to have as much information as possible.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 07, 2012, 07:03:26 pm »

Wild ending to that game... Lot's of craziness going on.

Speaking for a spectator point of view and certainly not trying to blame or shame anyone, but I am wondering if at some point it might be appropriate to place some sort of penalty--other than the modkill--on such rules violations. This isn't the first time this has happened. TheMunch, shark_bait and some others I think have done this. I don't know what sort of penalty should be enacted, but perhaps something more strict would be even more of a deterrent...? Maybe this should be discussed in a different thread. But I certainly don't think archetype should be punished for this offense as coming up with a penalty after a rule is broken isn't nearly as effective as coming up with a penalty before a rule is broken.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 07, 2012, 08:07:17 pm »

I would be perfectly happy if we punished people who willfully broke the rules, but it seems fairly clear that all infractions so far were misunderstandings or outright accidents.

I'm confident that if something really egregiously evil ever happened, we could deal with it as a community in an appropriate fashion.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 08, 2012, 07:59:31 am »

I would be perfectly happy if we punished people who willfully broke the rules, but it seems fairly clear that all infractions so far were misunderstandings or outright accidents.

I'm confident that if something really egregiously evil ever happened, we could deal with it as a community in an appropriate fashion.
And I would stay out of it.  :-[
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]  All

Page created in 1.445 seconds with 20 queries.