Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)  (Read 151666 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)
« Reply #1725 on: October 16, 2012, 11:36:53 pm »

Hey, I was 2/3 on protecting people who subsequently went on to get nightkilled.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 17, 2012, 09:19:34 am »

Mod notes was the best QT.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 17, 2012, 09:20:11 am »

Still can not believe that I fell for a drunk sloppy claim

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 17, 2012, 09:20:24 am »

I was pretty sure you were town at the end Cuzz...if only because I thought Robz was scum.  Insomniac certainly convinced me his partner was Robz (his buddying there definitely put him up on my list).  But really, sparky's early comment where he used nearly the exact same language to describe his scumbuddy and a town player that was alive at the end and suspicious sold it.  If you had gone after Grujah-Insomniac, I would have been fully convinced you were town (I guess we still would have lost if Robz wasn't to be convinced, but ah well, that's that).

Really, I think the lesson we should take from this (and MVIII) is that town should NOT vote for me at lylo, especially if someone I suspected as scum when no one else was willing to just died.  This is 2 in a row, where my suspicion was misplaced, scum killed the person I suspected, and I was incorrectly voted on to lose the game.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 17, 2012, 11:04:14 am »

I was pretty sure you were town at the end Cuzz...if only because I thought Robz was scum.  Insomniac certainly convinced me his partner was Robz (his buddying there definitely put him up on my list).  But really, sparky's early comment where he used nearly the exact same language to describe his scumbuddy and a town player that was alive at the end and suspicious sold it.  If you had gone after Grujah-Insomniac, I would have been fully convinced you were town (I guess we still would have lost if Robz wasn't to be convinced, but ah well, that's that).

Really, I think the lesson we should take from this (and MVIII) is that town should NOT vote for me at lylo, especially if someone I suspected as scum when no one else was willing to just died.  This is 2 in a row, where my suspicion was misplaced, scum killed the person I suspected, and I was incorrectly voted on to lose the game.

Yeah I was just really disappointed because I still had a lot to say about everyone. I can't fault Robz too much because if he truly thought I was scum, why should he wait for what I have to say? Screw Robz.

It's hard to put my finger on it, but I just really thought Insomniac's type of comments at the end were easier to fake as scum than yours. I think when there's so few people left, it's harder to look pro-town because ending the game and winning is more important. That's why I wanted to see people talking a lot at the end, because as scum with 5 people left, how easy is it to write up a full essay on the game state and every other player and convince everyone that you don't know every detail already? I don't really know the answer, and that's why I still wasn't positive between the two of you. But it was that kind of reasoning that made me positive Jorbles was scum at the end of MX anyway.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:13:04 am by Cuzz »

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 17, 2012, 04:27:17 pm »

LOL I forgot I said this night 3

Insomniac
10-11-2012
02:53 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Cuzz will definetly protect you or Robz, so I'm not worried about being blocked here, if Cuzz doctors a VT well....thats bad doctoring. that said if you manage to hit the vt he doctors and bus it with cuzz then Cuzz will fail.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 17, 2012, 04:37:28 pm »

Eh, MVIII I killed insomniac because he tunneled you, not visa versa.

This game the lesson is to not have 2 townies tunnel town O the entire game  ;).

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 17, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

LOL I forgot I said this night 3

Insomniac
10-11-2012
02:53 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Cuzz will definetly protect you or Robz, so I'm not worried about being blocked here, if Cuzz doctors a VT well....thats bad doctoring. that said if you manage to hit the vt he doctors and bus it with cuzz then Cuzz will fail.

Haha I noticed that. Volt must have been laughing so hard.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 18, 2012, 12:02:18 am »

Just realised that it would have been possible for Cuzz to be SK, and that he could have targeted some people too. (only to kill and not protect)
N1 he shoots Eevee, misses.
N2 he shoots Frisk, doubles on us.
N3 he shoots busdriven theo, shooting himself instead, and if this works as Magic, he is now an illegal target and he doesn't fire.

We would have won in that case too. (As Robz was truthful with his tracks, he was obvtracker, so we would know Cuzz is SK. Roleblock + shoot, vote no lynch and shoot again. Unless he took Strongman/ninja kill, than it would be hairy).

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 18, 2012, 10:47:00 am »

As soon as all the claims were in, you guys should have known there was no SK.  If he was SK - then there would have been a different scum role alignment, right?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 18, 2012, 11:36:14 am »

I think it was the same mafiaroles eitherway. Cant check

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 18, 2012, 11:38:56 am »

If Cuzz wasn't a PR we would have had 2 Goons and a JOAT. (No bus) sometime on day 1 I realized on the seven roles based on our PR's there was a Minimum of 5 PR's in the town and up to 7. I was scared...
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 18, 2012, 11:42:41 am »

I had a dream last night that I remembered Grujah's claim was less credible than Cuzz's, we lynched Grujah instead of theorel, Cuzz protected me in the night and was shot by Insomniac, I tracked theorel and got "one one", and theorel and I lynched insomniac the next day and town won.

An honest-to-God dream. That's how much losing this game is on my mind.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 18, 2012, 11:44:39 am »

I had a dream last night that I remembered Grujah's claim was less credible than Cuzz's, we lynched Grujah instead of theorel, Cuzz protected me in the night and was shot by Insomniac, I tracked theorel and got "one one", and theorel and I lynched insomniac the next day and town won.

Lol I like to believe you would have trusted theorel had we lynched Grujah (who btw I would have mega bussed if there was any suspicion towards him). I really do. But we both know you would have still picked me over theorel.

Oh and btw if you were still alive I would have no killed in the night.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:45:41 am by Insomniac »

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:03 pm »

I know that feel bro.

Just remembered during the game I considered doing something somewhat insane. When I got to L-1, I thought about claiming VT. I remembered in MX when I claimed VT Eevee basically cleared me and said "scum would have claimed a PR," and I wondered if the same thing would fly. It probably would have come back to bite me in the ass if I had to claim doc on a later day (lynch all liars and whatnot) or I just would have gotten hammered right then, so I didn't do it obviously. But I was really pissed at myself for getting to L-1 and really really didn't want to have to out my role and get auto-NK'd. That's why I hesitated with the claim a bit. Probably would have been really stupid but game would have been very different.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: October 18, 2012, 03:13:36 pm »

I know that feel bro.

Just remembered during the game I considered doing something somewhat insane. When I got to L-1, I thought about claiming VT. I remembered in MX when I claimed VT Eevee basically cleared me and said "scum would have claimed a PR," and I wondered if the same thing would fly. It probably would have come back to bite me in the ass if I had to claim doc on a later day (lynch all liars and whatnot) or I just would have gotten hammered right then, so I didn't do it obviously. But I was really pissed at myself for getting to L-1 and really really didn't want to have to out my role and get auto-NK'd. That's why I hesitated with the claim a bit. Probably would have been really stupid but game would have been very different.

I beleive TINAS did this in M1 where he was the cop. Town won that game, didn't lynch TINAS.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 18, 2012, 03:14:50 pm »

Only because of the lynch all counter claim rule they had.
And I STILL nearly convinced them to lynch him...even after getting my role wrong and having no idea what I was doing
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 18, 2012, 03:19:52 pm »

And I STILL nearly convinced them to lynch him...even after getting my role wrong and having no idea what I was doing

Lynch all counter-claims would've worked here too, funny enough.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 18, 2012, 03:20:19 pm »

Lynch all counter-claims would've worked here too, funny enough.

On Grujah.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 18, 2012, 03:54:09 pm »

I had a friend explain lynch all cc's to me mathematically in a simplified model. It was pretty persuasive although I can't reproduce the proof.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 18, 2012, 03:55:46 pm »

I had a friend explain lynch all cc's to me mathematically in a simplified model. It was pretty persuasive although I can't reproduce the proof.

Don't really need maths, you lynch counter claims, especially early on because if you lynch them and it turns out to be town you have a guarenteed mafia. 1 for 1 is a good deal unless you are near lylo, which is why making the claim first is a terrible terrible strat for mafia, even if they get the player lynched

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 18, 2012, 04:08:29 pm »

So, if you know that a claimant is lying - then why would you ever claim?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 18, 2012, 04:09:16 pm »

1-1 is an amazing trade off.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 18, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »

Was that aimed at me?
Don't understand the question if it is.

I thought I was saying the opposite, that the first claimant is likely to be telling the truth. The counter claim is likely to be a lie

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 18, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »

Was that aimed at me?
Don't understand the question if it is.

I thought I was saying the opposite, that the first claimant is likely to be telling the truth. The counter claim is likely to be a lie

I think the question is that if you yourself are a PR, and someone else claims, why would you out them knowing that town will lynch you as the second claim? But I think Insom answered this well above.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.