Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]  All

Author Topic: Mafia VIII: Pirates of the Pearl Coast - Day 6 Started. PM for QT.  (Read 148472 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VIII: Pirates of the Pearl Coast - Day 6 Started. PM for QT.
« Reply #1575 on: September 14, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »

yuma felt overwhelmed and I think doubted himself a lot after killing Eevee. 

spot on analysis for me! it is hard being confirmed town and expected to make the correct decision, especially after causing the bad situation to begin with...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 15, 2012, 12:13:26 am »

Yuma, why didn't you shoot robz?  Was it because he bussed me so early?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 15, 2012, 05:35:40 am »

I enjoyed followinh this game more than playing it, mostly because I was super swamped in the beginning, and as usual nobody believed me when I was telling tje truth. Can't really blame anyone for that. I think it was mostly a random suspicion from my part, but I've always been wary of O. But as I said, I think I randomly suspected him in the beginning and then couldn't let it go.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 15, 2012, 08:31:59 am »

Also, I was secretly cheering for Mafia to win  :D

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 15, 2012, 08:52:34 am »

Reading the scum QT made me realize how masterful of a game they played. Well done guys, you deserved this!

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 15, 2012, 09:35:08 pm »

I enjoyed followinh this game more than playing it, mostly because I was super swamped in the beginning, and as usual nobody believed me when I was telling tje truth. Can't really blame anyone for that. I think it was mostly a random suspicion from my part, but I've always been wary of O. But as I said, I think I randomly suspected him in the beginning and then couldn't let it go.

Something to keep in mind (which can be tricky to remember even after we know everyone's alignment) is that scum make up part of the people not listening to you.  I mean Robz/Frisk both really pushed for your lynch.  While some town also pushed for your lynch, some town recognized you as town.

I was upset that no one was being reasonable about considering scum-options day4.  But really, 2 of the 4 players that I wanted to engage in scum-hunting were scum.  I think I allowed my town-read of Robz to color my feelings that "town" wasn't considering possibilities.  Really, Robz was being unreasonable, but of course he was, he was scum.  Sometimes town can be unreasonable too, but when it feels like everyone is against you, and no one is listening, there are probably some scum players involved in there too, intentionally not listening. :)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 15, 2012, 10:03:17 pm »

Something to keep in mind (which can be tricky to remember even after we know everyone's alignment) is that scum make up part of the people not listening to you.  I mean Robz/Frisk both really pushed for your lynch.  While some town also pushed for your lynch, some town recognized you as town.

I was upset that no one was being reasonable about considering scum-options day4.  But really, 2 of the 4 players that I wanted to engage in scum-hunting were scum.  I think I allowed my town-read of Robz to color my feelings that "town" wasn't considering possibilities.  Really, Robz was being unreasonable, but of course he was, he was scum.  Sometimes town can be unreasonable too, but when it feels like everyone is against you, and no one is listening, there are probably some scum players involved in there too, intentionally not listening. :)

That's a good point. The thing is, at that end, no one was really wrong. Technically wrong, but not really wrong. It could have been Galzria/Robz. It could have been O/Theorel. It could have been any of the other combinations. It just happened to be O/Robz.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 16, 2012, 02:03:17 pm »

Well, you and O were "wrong"...but intentionally so.  And as noted, I think I was most frustrated with your "not listening", but of course in the end, you were scum so you weren't really considering all the possibilities.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]  All

Page created in 1.216 seconds with 20 queries.