Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Android: Netrunner  (Read 51193 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Android: Netrunner
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 02:10:15 am »

The other agenda you're forced to use with the base set deck is Private Security force.. there's a couple other tag punishers in there too.  Neutrals, I think.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 02:11:09 am »

Wait, did I mix up Hunter with Archer?  I put the Weyland one that costs an Agenda in.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 02:21:58 am »

Wait, did I mix up Hunter with Archer?  I put the Weyland one that costs an Agenda in.

Ah, archer yeah. Hunter is trace4 to give a tag. It's not bad in decks that are trying to do that, but I never cared for it much with just the base set. Or at all, really, but I've not played much NBN.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2014, 02:25:26 am »

Yeah.  I left Hunter in the deck, I don't think I could afford the Influence to swap it out.  Since I have Private Security force anyway.

But definitely wouldn't consider a 1 credit ice as good as three ice  ;D

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2014, 02:33:53 am »

Tag and Bag is very potent with Core only.

You make sure the Runner is tagged, either by ICE, Posted Bounty/Breaking News or SEA Source, then you hit them with Scorched Earth.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2014, 02:43:48 am »

You make sure the Runner is tagged, either by ICE, Posted Bounty/Breaking News or SEA Source, then you hit them with Scorched Earth.
Yeah.  I don't know if that is a great strategy for haas bioroid though since none of those cards are HB

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2014, 02:45:17 am »
+2

i wish i could play netrunner online instead of hearthstone

I also wish I could play dominion online instead of hearthstone

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2014, 02:57:11 am »

Yeah.  I don't know if that is a great strategy for haas bioroid though since none of those cards are HB

It is not. I think you have to run either Wayland (Works very well) or NBN (works). I didn't realize you wanted to play HB. If you have access to maybe one additional SanSan City Grid you could look up HB Fast Advance. It's pretty strong. And you could probably run it without double/triple SanSan.

i wish i could play netrunner online instead of hearthstone

Check out OCTGN. ;)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2014, 03:06:18 am »

I just have the one SanSan.  I tend to be OCD about playing imperfect versions of good decks so I opted not to build a SanSan based deck.

I really wish they put no fewer than two copies of each card in the core set.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2014, 03:11:13 am »

I think not following the LCG part for the Core set was pretty silly.

The thing with SanSan is that it's not fully needed with Core only. You have the Biotic Labor that basically does the same thing. Let you score Agendas straight from your hand. I can't remember if you get two or three Biotics in the Core set, but if it's three you are fine with only 1 SanSan. It will probably not be AS consistant as it could be, but it will be fast either way.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2014, 03:13:58 am »

Yeah, I have three Biotic Labors.  Thank God.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2014, 03:28:29 am »

Looking at the contents of the Core set, I see that it might be hard/impossible to build a viable Fast Advance since you only have three Agendas that are 3 cost 2 points.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2014, 03:37:21 am »

I downloaded octgn and added netrunner.  Would anyone from here play with me? If magicworkstation taught me anything it's that random internet strangers aren't always patient with newbies.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2014, 03:41:14 am »

I would, but I'm at work right now. I might have some time during the weekend.

Also, if you create a game where you announce that you are a new player the Netrunner online players tend to be pretty understanding.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:42:19 am by Lekkit »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2014, 03:46:32 am »

That wouldn't stop HME, heh..

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:04 am »

I'll try one after this HS arena run is over.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »

Played a bunch of games on octgn, then got mega turned off by the last one.

Can someone explain to me how Snare is well designed gameplay?

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2014, 11:49:03 am »

It makes blindly accessing advanced cards not an automatic move for the runner. Using something to reduce damage, or just drawing an extra card before accessing, means you survive. And since it costs the corp 4 credits plus the 3 and 3 actions they spent to advance it, losing 6 cards isn't quite so bad as it sounds.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2014, 12:22:33 pm »

It makes blindly accessing advanced cards not an automatic move for the runner. Using something to reduce damage, or just drawing an extra card before accessing, means you survive. And since it costs the corp 4 credits plus the 3 and 3 actions they spent to advance it, losing 6 cards isn't quite so bad as it sounds.

I'm a bit confused: are you thinking about parts of two different cards?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »

I'm a bit confused: are you thinking about parts of two different cards?

Oh... yes, I suppose I was confusing them. Snare is even just fixed damage, even easier to work around. There's a lot of traps the corp can throw at a runner, but you can't prepare for all of them. Just be careful when facing Jinteki.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »

Snare bugs me a lot more than Project Junebug.  Even if you have 3 cards in hand, hitting it in R&D means you lose three clicks worth of cards as a "reward" for accessing R&D, at random.  It reminds me of Dominion fan cards that randomly steal Provinces from decks.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2014, 06:36:57 pm »

I feel like when I'm running on Weyland R&D or something, the difference between Priority Requisition and Hedge Fund is swingy enough.  I don't understand why for Jinteki the possibility has to vary so widely, all the way from 3 point agenda to -3 clicks.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2014, 06:38:11 pm »

Saw it played at FLGS (where MTG is played 90% of the time). Look interesting, read rules, watched some matches, kinda getting hooked.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »

I feel like when I'm running on Weyland R&D or something, the difference between Priority Requisition and Hedge Fund is swingy enough.  I don't understand why for Jinteki the possibility has to vary so widely, all the way from 3 point agenda to -3 clicks.

Most of the time a single blind R&D run isn't going to do much. You generally need to combine it with other things to boost success - getting an R&D lock, for example, is extremely powerful (this is where you access R&D every turn, always seeing the Corp's next card, and thus ensuring they can't draw Agendas without spending clicks to draw extra cards). Other ways to boost the effectiveness of running R&D is to use cards to access more than one thing at once (e.g. The Makers Eye, Medium, in the base set), trash lots of things out of R&D to try and find agendas (e.g. Demolition Run, especially combined with the previous two) or other various tricks introduced in expansions.

Jinteki are always the tricks and traps faction. The main thing with Snare is less the damage it will do occasionally when you access it, but the threat of potentially accessing it forcing you to have your hand size at a decent level.

Oh, and 3 cards is less than 3 clicks. Probably closer to 2 clicks. You don't HAVE to draw back up after hitting a Snare, and you will probably have ways of drawing more or drawing what you want to fill in the gaps, e.g. Diesel, Special Orders, Djinn. So the damage isn't really that huge. Add to that you can trash the Snare at no cost, removing one of at most 3 of them from their deck...

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2014, 07:05:18 pm »

Most of the time a single blind R&D run isn't going to do much. You generally need to combine it with other things to boost success - getting an R&D lock, for example, is extremely powerful (this is where you access R&D every turn, always seeing the Corp's next card, and thus ensuring they can't draw Agendas without spending clicks to draw extra cards). Other ways to boost the effectiveness of running R&D is to use cards to access more than one thing at once (e.g. The Makers Eye, Medium, in the base set), trash lots of things out of R&D to try and find agendas (e.g. Demolition Run, especially combined with the previous two) or other various tricks introduced in expansions.

Jinteki are always the tricks and traps faction. The main thing with Snare is less the damage it will do occasionally when you access it, but the threat of potentially accessing it forcing you to have your hand size at a decent level.

Oh, and 3 cards is less than 3 clicks. Probably closer to 2 clicks. You don't HAVE to draw back up after hitting a Snare, and you will probably have ways of drawing more or drawing what you want to fill in the gaps, e.g. Diesel, Special Orders, Djinn. So the damage isn't really that huge. Add to that you can trash the Snare at no cost, removing one of at most 3 of them from their deck...

There's that new Jinteki identity that requires you to run R&D to access a remote server, though :(.  Unless you run HQ, which will have even higher snare density, or archives, which has no potential benefit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.