Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tobago  (Read 1122 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Tobago
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:14:27 am »

Has anyone played Tobago? I've played a couple of games, but I've really enjoyed them.

I can safely say that I've never played a game like it, and I think it might be a safe bet to say that there is no game quite like it, but my experience is admittedly limited.

It's kind of like a territory capture game, but you're not really capturing territories. You're reducing territories to your advantage. And it's not really a bidding system, but there's a similarity as people choose to take certain cards. And there is an element of risk with the curses.

I've had to cool down my recent board-game purchasing spree, but I'm sorely tempted to pick this up for my own library.
A man has no signature

meshuggah42

• Salvager
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:48:50 am »

A friend of mine bought it roughly 2 years ago, we found it a bit boring after a couple of games, so we invented "characters" to make it more interesting. These characters have one special feat, and are chosen randomly at the start of the game. For example a Pilot could make 4 moves, instead of 3, an Archeologist had protection from curses but could only make 2 moves. I can't remember more of these as we rarely play it anymore, Dominion, Catan and Carcassone thoroughly ruled our board gaming events recently. :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.