Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25  All

Author Topic: A joke thread  (Read 183460 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
Re: A joke thread
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2014, 08:18:15 pm »
+1

I +1ed you, can I be a monk now?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2014, 08:32:01 pm »

Sorry, I'm only giving you a +1 back.  If you really want to become a monk, find that monastery and do what the head monk says.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2014, 08:36:25 pm »

Sorry, I'm only giving you a +1 back.  If you really want to become a monk, find that monastery and do what the head monk says.

There's a shining ball hidden in the back
Well you *do* need a signature...

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 19, 2014, 01:15:40 pm »
+3

What do you call a person who sells bikes?

...a peddler.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »
+6

What do you call a person who sells bikes?

...a peddler.

I was going to guess spokesperson.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 23, 2014, 11:56:44 am »
+6

Bomb.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 23, 2014, 05:39:31 pm »
+2

There once was a bug catcher who was determined on catching an igly worm. So one day, when he had researched them far enough to know how to fulfill his wish, he went outside and caught one. He put it inside a small glass jar, and in the evening he put the jar on his bedside table and fell asleep happily. When he woke up the next day it was gone. He really wanted to catch an igly worm though, so he went out again and caught another one. He put it in a small glass jar, put that jar into a bigger jar and pasted it up carefully. He fell as asleep happily that day, but when he woke up at the next morning, the igly worm was gone again. He really, really needed to catch one though, so he went out and caught another one. He put it inside a small glass jar and put the jar into a large, iron safe. Then he went to the bathroom. But when he tried to wash his hands, what came out of the spigot?

Water.                                   

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 23, 2014, 05:45:59 pm »

wrong thread, silverspawn.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 23, 2014, 06:07:19 pm »

no it's the right one

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2014, 01:30:34 am »
+11

What's the difference between a cat and a comma?

One has claws at the end of its paws, the other is a pause at the end of its clause.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2014, 01:45:42 am »

What's the difference between a cat and a comma?

One has claws at the end of its paws, the other is a pause at the end of its clause.
hohoho
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2014, 03:45:29 pm »
+1

Why isn't vein surgery covered by insurance plans?

It's considered cosmetic surgery.
A man has no signature

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2014, 03:50:45 pm »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2014, 05:18:10 pm »
+6

How do you turn soup into gold?

You add 24 carrots!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2014, 01:41:32 am »
+6

If you are ever feeling cold, just stand in a corner.  But beware -- this is lethal pretty much everywhere except in the US.

Corners are 90 degrees.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2014, 02:06:42 am »

I saw the Dog Star tonight. Seriously!
A man has no signature

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2014, 11:50:26 am »

(Note: This is a long joke, but you really do have to read the whole thing to appreciate it.  It won't take too long.)

There's a guy driving his car out in the boonies (I hope this is a fairly well-known expression) somewhere, and he gets a flat tire.  He can't get the car started again, so he just starts walking down the road trying to find something.  He comes up to a monastery and goes in.  He asks the monks there, "Hey, can I borrow a cell phone or something so I can call someone to come fix my car?"  They reply, "Sorry, we're monks; we don't have cell phones.  But, our wagon is going into town the next day and you can get help there.  We'll let you stay the night here."  He agrees.

In the middle of the night he gets woken up by a loud, amazing, awe-inspiring sound, and he has no idea what it is.  He tries to fall back asleep, but he keeps hearing it.  He gets up because he needs to figure out what it is.  He goes downstairs, goes through winding passageways, and he comes up to the biggest door he's ever seen, and the head monk is standing in front of it.  He can tell the the sound is coming from right behind the door.  He asks the head monk, "What's that sound?"

The head monk replies, "Sorry, I can't tell you; you're not a monk."

"Why not?  Can't you just tell me what it is?"

"Sorry, I can't tell you; you're not a monk."

"Come on, I'm not going to be able to fall asleep if I don't know what that sound is."

The man isn't happy, but he goes back to bed.  He has trouble sleeping that night, and while getting ready to go he keeps asking the monks what the sound is, but they all reply with the same answer: "Sorry, I can't tell you; you're not a monk."

He goes back to town, gets his car fixed, and goes on with life.  But he keeps hearing that sound in his mind, and after a few months he can't stand it any more.  He finds the monastery again and goes back to the head monk.

"Hey, you remember me?  I'm that guy that was here a few months ago.  I just need to figure out what that sound is."

"Well then, how do I become a monk?"

"Are you sure you want to become a monk?  The journey is long and hard."

"Yes.  I need to figure out what that sound is."

"Alright.  First, you need to count all of the stars in the night sky."

He spends a whole year, counting and recounting, consulting astronomers, etc.  He thinks he has the answer, and goes up to the head monk and says it.  "Very good," he replied.  "Now, you must count all of the grains of sand on the seashore."

He spends years and years, crawling on beaches all over the world, counting each individual sand grain, because he needs to figure out what this sound is.  He finally has his answer, and goes to the head monk and says it.  "Very good," he replied.  "Now, you must climb the tallest mountain and see how small you are compared to the world."

He trains himself, gets all of the necessary equipment, and makes it up.  By this point he has gotten quite a bit older and wiser.  He goes up to the head monk and the head monk says, "Finally, you are ready to become a monk."  They go through all of those twisting passageways, and up to the huge door.  The head monk opens the door, and the man finally figures out what the sound is...

...but I can't tell you; you're not a monk.

This reminds me of an (allegedly real) story i once read about a monk asking his disciples silly/clever questions that they were supposed to think long and hard about. One of them - if i don't remember it wrong - was: "What sound does it make if you clap with one hand?" I was confused what should have been so hard about that, as the answer was obviously "clap", with clapping named after the sound it makes. Probably the monk would have kicked me. Anyhow, i thought your joke was about that when i first looked over it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2014, 11:52:04 am »

If you are ever feeling cold, just stand in a corner.  But beware -- this is lethal pretty much everywhere except in the US.

Corners are 90 degrees.

I don't get that. 90 degrees Celsius are acceptable and measuring in Celsius is the usual in Europe, too. Am i missing something here?

Edit: Used bold instead of spoiler by accident...

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2014, 11:56:31 am »
+1

Corners are 90 degrees.

I don't get that. 90 degrees Celsius are acceptable and measuring in Celsius is the usual in Europe, too. Am i missing something here?

194°F is acceptable? For what purposes?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2014, 12:01:15 pm »
+2

Corners are 90 degrees.

It is not acceptable. Not even hot enough to boil water!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2014, 12:08:10 pm »

Corners are 90 degrees.

It's pretty much the best sauna temperature.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2014, 12:18:12 pm »
+4

There is this monster called the Medicrin (I've always heard this joke told, so I'm making up the spelling).  It is a vicious monster that lives near a town and comes in the night and eats the townspeople.  One day, the townspeople go up to their knight and ask him what to do about the Medicrin.  He says, "Dig a hole.  The Medicrin loves holes.  He'll jump in it and we can kill him in the morning."  They dig the hole.

That night, the Medicrin comes to the town.  He looks in the hole.  He loves holes, but he likes eating the townspeople more and takes one of them and eats them.

The next day, the townspeople go back to the knight and ask him what they should do next.  He replies, "Get a loon.  The Medicrin loves loons.  If you put the loon in the hole, the Medicrin will go in the hole to get the loon."  They find and catch a loon and put him in the hole.

That night, the Medicrin comes to the town.  He looks in the hole.  He loves holes, and he loves loons, but he likes eating the townspeople more and takes one of them and eats them.

The next day, the townspeople are getting desperate.  They go back to the knight.  He tell them, "Feed the loon a lot of sugar.  The Medicrin loves sugar.  He'll surely go into the hole if you do this."  They stuff the loon with all of the sugar they can find.

That night, the Medicrin comes to the town.  He looks in the hole.  He loves holes.  He loves loons.  And, the loon is going crazy on a sugar rush.  The Medicrin can't help himself, and he goes into the hole and eats the loon.  He is now too stuffed to do anything, and morning comes.  The townspeople rejoice and finally slay the Medicrin.

The moral of the story?  A loon full of sugar helps the Medicrin go down.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 06, 2014, 12:21:13 pm »

That was terrible and you should feel sorry.

Have a +1
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2014, 12:26:07 pm »
+2

Once there were three kingdoms.  In the center of them was a big lake with an island in the middle.  This island was amazing; plant corn there, and you will get tons of corn.  Plant ships there, you'll get tons of ships.  You can literally plant anything and you'll get it.

These three kingdoms were constantly warring over this island.  They decided to have one final battle to decide once and for all who owned it.  Each kingdom sent in their warriors to the center to fight.

The first kingdom was a very rich kingdom.  They were able to send 25 knights, along with 25 squires.

The second kingdom was middle class.  They had 10 knights, along with 10 squires.

The third kingdom was very poor.  There was only one old night, along with a single squire.

When they all made it to the center, the night before the battle, the knights of the rich kingdom realized they outnumbed the rest and threw a huge party.

The knights of the second kingdom loved seafood and knew that there was great fish here.  They ate fish for dinner.

As for the poor kingdom, the squire asked the knight what they should do.  The knight replied, "I am tired.  Make me a bowl of porridge to eat when I wake up."  The squire tied a noose onto a pot of porridge, and threw it over a tree to control how close it was to the fire.

In the morning, all of the rich knights had hangovers from the party and couldn't fight.  All of the knights in the second kingdom got food poisoning from the fish, and the old knight died in his sleep.  So, it was just all of the squires fighting.  They had an epic battle, and it was a complete draw.

So, it's true as they say: the squire of the two sides is equal to the squire of the high pot noose.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 06, 2014, 01:16:04 pm »
+8

Ok, well if we're doing these now. Here's one I made up when I was a kid. (apologies if I posted this like years ago in this thread; I'm not going back to check)

So Luke and Yoda are training on Dagobah. They're running along the side of a cliff, when suddenly the ledge drops off.

"Oh no," Luke says. "What will we do?"

"Hmmm, worry not," says Yoda, and he pulls out a giant fork, six feet tall. He lays it down across the gap and they make it to the other side of the ledge.

A little bit later, they come across a big wire fence standing right between them and Yoda's hovel.

"Oh no," Luke says. "What will we do?"

"Hmmm, worry not," says Yoda, and he pulls out the fork again. He uses it to pull apart the wires and make a hole in the fence.

They finally get back to Yoda's hovel, and there's a note there from Yoda's milkman explaining the new milk delivery schedule.

"Put this on the bulletin board, I should." Yoda says. But when he looks, he finds he's all out of thumb tacks!

"Hey master, I'll do it!" Luke says. He grabs the giant fork and is about to thrust it into the bulletin board, when Yoda stops him.

He says, "A Jedi uses the fork for no ledge and the fence. Never for a tack!"

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.