Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Band of Misfits and the "Cool effect, but wastes my turn buying" cards  (Read 2768 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
+4

As you may have noticed in Dominion, there are certain cards which can do some pretty neat things, but you usually don't want too many, and you'd rather spend your turns getting better cards instead, especially since most of them are not just game-specific, but turn-specific.  They tend to be on the cheap side.  So what Band of Misfits lets you do is play them without having to buy them, exactly when you need them, and then be better cards when necessary.  Examples might be Smugglers, Trade Route, or Herbalist.  Like Trade Route, but didn't want to spend a turn buying an Estate?  Well, once Provinces and Duchies have been bought, make Band of Misfits a Trade Route, and let it do its powerhouse thing without having to worry about colliding it properly.  And how many times have you had a Smugglers in hand when your opponent only buys a Province?  With just Bands of Misfits, you need only have a Smugglers when he picks up a Gold or Grand Market.  And ALWAYS make sure that Potion goes back under your Alchemist stack.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1021
    • View Profile
Re: Band of Misfits and the "Cool effect, but wastes my turn buying" cards
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:18:28 pm »

I'd imagine Moneylender is a decent target also. Also keeps you from having to buy a pawn with $7 when you realize you're really gonna need some +Buy.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:38:12 pm »

Just found a random kingdom in the beta with salvager, worker's village, conspirator, watchtower, plus band of misfits and monument as an extra bonus.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 12:27:01 am »

Just found a random kingdom in the beta with salvager, worker's village, conspirator, watchtower, plus band of misfits and monument as an extra bonus.

🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.