Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 315921 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 4
« Reply #3075 on: November 04, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »

@ ehunt: why?

And while ehunt is fishing for approximately all of my PM, can someone remind me if he's among the group of probtowns for any reason, or is he just acting like it?

@ watno from a while back:

Third bit of info didn't seem informative enough to be worth sharing but maybe someone else can get more out of it than I did. It basically says that someone has a role related to a previous role they had in another game that they didn't get to make much use of because they died early in that game. It also said that this person was new-ish compared to most other players. It was either Eevee, cayvie, or ehunt.

Vote: YoungNick. As I said before I think I got his description, and it does mention cards. But there was maybe a sinister tone to it that is hard to describe without direct quoting, and I think he definitely could be scum.

Cayvie, didn't you say at some point that you had strong reason to believe YoungNick is town? Did you ever elaborate on that?

because we have an exact count of the almost vanilla townies and when you have an exact count of things scumhunting is a lot easier. i think it's harmless. you've already claimed, i am just asking if you think you are an "almost vanilla townie" or not, but no other information. i only want your answer and no one else's. i have a mega-theory that i'm happy with but i need your answer to this question to confirm it. On the off chance that you are scum, it does me no good whatsoever for you to answer this question after I announce the megatheory. Again I believe you (and O) are town.

Where did you disclose before that you had (potentially) read YN's description? That's quite helpful.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: November 04, 2012, 02:46:17 pm »

(found the answer to my last question..... aaannnd forgot to copy it to clipboard. but it was a couple (irl) weeks ago).

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: November 04, 2012, 03:16:07 pm »

Cayvie, didn't you say at some point that you had strong reason to believe YoungNick is town? Did you ever elaborate on that?

No. I said Young Nick was my top town read, but I didn't have any hard evidence behind that.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: November 04, 2012, 03:16:22 pm »

And he isn't any longer.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: November 04, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »

cuzz - i have some stuff to say, which is waiting only on this answer from you. i need to say it before the day ends because i may be NKed. if you refuse to give the answer, that sucks a lot, but please at least commit to refusing to giving the answer so that i can go ahead and say what i need to say today instead of waiting till right before the deadline. i really don't see how you can be suspicious of me asking this question since it gives away very little new information (everyone knows that you can read descriptions but don't have control over them, it's just a question of whether you think this makes you a mostly vanilla townie or not), but if you are not going to answer i'd like you to commit to not answering (i would strongly prefer that you just answer)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: November 04, 2012, 04:41:52 pm »

cuzz - i have some stuff to say, which is waiting only on this answer from you. i need to say it before the day ends because i may be NKed. if you refuse to give the answer, that sucks a lot, but please at least commit to refusing to giving the answer so that i can go ahead and say what i need to say today instead of waiting till right before the deadline. i really don't see how you can be suspicious of me asking this question since it gives away very little new information (everyone knows that you can read descriptions but don't have control over them, it's just a question of whether you think this makes you a mostly vanilla townie or not), but if you are not going to answer i'd like you to commit to not answering (i would strongly prefer that you just answer)

Not VT. Nor mostly VT.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: November 04, 2012, 04:42:44 pm »

Not VT. Nor mostly VT.

ok. cuzz is telling the truth, and is town.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: November 04, 2012, 04:44:33 pm »

I'm also quite certain that O is town. Young Nick I am less sure of.

the approximate power of a role is correlated with the approximate power of the dominion card in a way that matches prices. also, i'm pretty sure scum will be attack cards.

in particular, i believe there is only one mafia goon and the card he/she is holding is Swindler.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: November 04, 2012, 04:51:24 pm »

I am the third (and final) "mostly vanilla townie." (Assuming Morgrim is telling the truth - and I am almost sure that he is.) My card is the Great Hall. I am saying this not to encourage others to massclaim (although I'm starting to think a massclaim may just win town the game in a few days). I have already revealed the totality of my role. I am saying this to explain how I knew to build my theory. Count the cheap (costing less than 4) intrigue cards and count Morgrim's numbers and I believe it adds up.

I believe this means me, cuzz, dsell, and morgrim are a network of four confirmed town. I also think O is town because he has a fantastic role and he tied it to an expensive card, which nobody counterclaimed. It will take five nights to kill us all, and I think we can easily win the game before that, especially since O is a vig and perhaps there's a doctor out there who can help him (or WIFOM the mafia and not help him, or WIFOM with one of the five of us, or...).

My theory doesn't explain how TheMunch got a card from Cornucopia or why Frisk was neutral. (Note that "scout" = "tracker" though. A tracker with a neutral win-con... that's about as good a role as... Scout.)

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: November 04, 2012, 05:11:07 pm »

And yet this doesn't explain Glooble. Glooble was a lover. This doesn't seem innately powerful. This definitely shouldn't be a 6-cost card (Harem) which it is. And also what about O-2 claiming Harem. This means that we could have multiples of some cards. There could be more than the network you claim.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: November 04, 2012, 05:15:48 pm »

And yet this doesn't explain Glooble. Glooble was a lover. This doesn't seem innately powerful. This definitely shouldn't be a 6-cost card (Harem) which it is. And also what about O-2 claiming Harem. This means that we could have multiples of some cards. There could be more than the network you claim.
Unless I missed something, this is the first place you've told us Glooble's card.  Which means that you had a chance to read ehunt's theory before showing us this "counterevidence"

Ehunt, I can say that based on all claims thusfar, my card matches somebody elses; your theory may be somewhat relevant, but whatever the actual meaning of the cards is, it has to account for card multiples.  (unless some of the card claims have not been accurate)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: November 04, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »

Unless I missed something, this is the first place you've told us Glooble's card.  Which means that you had a chance to read ehunt's theory before showing us this "counterevidence"

Ehunt, I can say that based on all claims thusfar, my card matches somebody elses; your theory may be somewhat relevant, but whatever the actual meaning of the cards is, it has to account for card multiples.  (unless some of the card claims have not been accurate)

I agree/confirm Shraeye on matching/multiples.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: November 04, 2012, 05:25:57 pm »

ok, lame.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: November 04, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »

wait, WHAT? GLOOBLE'S ORIGINAL CARD WAS HAREM?

vote: O

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: November 04, 2012, 05:28:15 pm »

ok, sounds like my theory is crap on the one hand, but on the other hand, seems like O is obvscum, unless repetition does indeed happen (which i am not sold on).

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: November 04, 2012, 05:28:56 pm »

Why why why? I'm trying to figure it out too but what makes you so sure he's scum?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: November 04, 2012, 05:30:09 pm »

ok, sounds like my theory is crap on the one hand, but on the other hand, seems like O is obvscum, unless repetition does indeed happen (which i am not sold on).
Repetition happens.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: November 04, 2012, 05:34:11 pm »

Why why why? I'm trying to figure it out too but what makes you so sure he's scum?

because it was such a convenient lie for him. it was a card he thought was out of the game and nobody else could possibly know. yes, there could be repetition, and it's weird that YN didn't point out before that Glooble was the Harem, so i will unvote till the smoke clears, but even if there's repetition, it seems like an awfully fortunate coincidence that O's new card name is the card name that O knew in advance (and if we believe O that he never read YN's claim, then we also have to believe he thought he could get away with this lie).

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: November 04, 2012, 05:34:39 pm »

Repetition happens.

are you certain that the repetition that you have observed isn't due to someone lying?

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: November 04, 2012, 05:38:00 pm »

same question - are you sure it's not due to someone lying?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: November 04, 2012, 05:42:56 pm »

same question - are you sure it's not due to someone lying?

Pretty sure.  I mean, can't be 100% on anything in this game.  But there's no reasons folks lied about what I am confirming.  And I'm not lying.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: November 04, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »

woah I missed the bit about card costs relating to how powerful your role is.

I missed a lot...

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: November 04, 2012, 05:49:21 pm »

woah I missed the bit about card costs relating to how powerful your role is.

I missed a lot...

it's all on this page, and i think i may be wrong about that now (assuming YN is telling the truth, which is a big assumption). Right now a couple of mildly scummy folks are telling me that card-name repetition can happen and I am trying to decide whether to believe they are right, mistaken, or lying.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: November 04, 2012, 05:50:47 pm »

From rules post (#2, underlining mine):

"Card: Each player will be dealt a card from Dominion. It doesn’t do anything; you just have it. You will not be told whether multiple people can have the same Card. Whether a player’s Card corresponds to anything else about him is for you to determine."

ugh.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: November 04, 2012, 06:03:33 pm »

I believe multiple people have the same card.

what if... all VT are pawns, then they are cost 2 cards. it makes sense! and then great halls are cost 3, just a smidgen above pawns, frisk was a scout, a tracking ability, a cost-4 card. Munch was a Jester, pretty powerful, cost 5.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 20 queries.