Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 315925 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 4
« Reply #3050 on: November 02, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »

I agree that O should not be mass voted because he had the highest 3 votes on him at that point. However, I have a feeling that even if he did, or even if someone else did like Young Nick... that this town would not go in that direction.... Ugh... But whatever, I am back to vote: Young Nick

You lost me in the middle there.

Are you saying that you don't think the town would vote for Young Nick if he was ahead at the soft deadline?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: November 02, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »

I agree that O should not be mass voted because he had the highest 3 votes on him at that point. However, I have a feeling that even if he did, or even if someone else did like Young Nick... that this town would not go in that direction.... Ugh... But whatever, I am back to vote: Young Nick

You lost me in the middle there.

Are you saying that you don't think the town would vote for Young Nick if he was ahead at the soft deadline?

No I don't. because enough of town is either mafia or isn't paying enough attention to vote.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »

1. I am emphatically against mass card claiming in any form. If I participate in it, it will be because I am the only remaining player who is against it. Until then, No!

2. I don't think one of Young Nick or O is scum. I think Young Nick is scum. But combining them doesn't make any sense to me.

3. Softdeadline has come and gone. Do we need a new one or are we just going to dally on over into a no-lynch?
YoungNick, this is the reason.  I still believe you are scum, and I think your idea to claim costs is for an anti-town reason.  I am against mass-claiming card types, card costs, card abilities, card anything.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: November 02, 2012, 06:13:17 pm »

ok, so, I'm pretty sure O and Cuzz are town. There is a minor mystery that's unresolved.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: November 02, 2012, 06:14:01 pm »

ok, so, I'm pretty sure O and Cuzz are town. There is a minor mystery that's unresolved.

yeah! now vote young nick?

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: November 02, 2012, 06:15:31 pm »

cuzz: are you a "mostly vanilla townie" in the precise sense that was detailed by morgrim and expanded upon by theorel? "i don't know" is a fine answer; don't speculate, only say if you are pretty sure.

@yuma: maybe i am already? i have flip flopped between O, YN, and no vote enough times to make mitt romney look like robz. anyway i am not ready for this day to be over.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:15 pm »

Oh, fine, I'll contribute. Vote: YoungNick.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: November 02, 2012, 07:58:16 pm »

I don't feel that I'm ready for the day to be over either. I am wary of Young Nick but acknowledge that his power could be very useful to the town.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: November 02, 2012, 08:00:19 pm »

vote: young nick

That's 6, so L-3.  Good pressure location, I think.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: November 02, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »

What's the case on YN again?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: November 02, 2012, 10:52:53 pm »

You can just link to it if you don't want to rehash it.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: November 02, 2012, 11:46:53 pm »

Shraeye has a super long case against me but I don't know where it is.

The lurk argument no longer applies. People say I don't actively scum-hunt enough, but that is my play style. Some find my DAMA's fishy. Others think that my role was specifically designed to find the serial killer.

On another note, theorel's very long post today rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed like a variant of IIoA, but instead of information, it was more math and speculation in attempt to take heat off of one of me, O, or Cayvie. It is definitely suspicious.

Meanwhile, I still am shocked that a town-O would role-block me. I guess it may be feasible, but I still am not sure if I buy it. That is a tough pill to swallow. So I guess right now I am most suspicious of O and theorel. O's wagon doesn't seem to be taking off. Vote: theorel.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 03, 2012, 12:13:04 am »

cuzz: are you a "mostly vanilla townie" in the precise sense that was detailed by morgrim and expanded upon by theorel? "i don't know" is a fine answer; don't speculate, only say if you are pretty sure.

did cuzz claim to be a "mostly vanilla townie"?

or is this just referring to what morgrim said?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: November 03, 2012, 12:16:10 am »

also, ehunt, do you really want him to say "no" if it's true?

she/her

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 03, 2012, 01:35:58 am »

also, ehunt, do you really want him to say "no" if it's true?

Yeah, I don't see what we lose - he's already claimed that he gets access to descriptions but can't know exactly what name they're attached to. I just want to know if he thinks he's a mostly vanilla townie, based on his role pm, given that we know that's a thing in this game and theorels analysis.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 03, 2012, 10:18:16 am »

conspiracy theory time! who is ready?

So I am wondering if Robz decided to have some fun with this setup and give alignments based on previous alignments. Basically I am wondering if he only gave scum alignment to those who had not yet been scum.

Let's take a look at people that have died in this game thus far.

Eevee was scum in M3
Glooble was scum in M6
Grujah (scum in this game) had never been scum prior to this game
O had been scum multiple times (MV, MVIII, VIX)
Galz had been scum before
TheMunch had never been scum before
Frisk had been scum and was given a weird no-alignment role...

So this isn't enough to say this is definitely the case, but it is something to ponder as we see more and more flips turn over. And for now I don't think it should influence how we hunt scum, but if we get a few more positive correlations, I think that perhaps it should?

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 03, 2012, 05:52:13 pm »

bump - still want the answer to my new question to cuzz.

yuma - if true, your theory would acquit YN. i sorta doubt that robz would intentionally create an all-noob scumteam though, especially since robz is probably more in the "talk about the old games a lot" club than anyone except galzria. it also seems incredibly imbalanced to have this in addition to all the investigative roles.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 03, 2012, 05:54:35 pm »

yuma - if true, your theory would acquit YN. i sorta doubt that robz would intentionally create an all-noob scumteam though, especially since robz is probably more in the "talk about the old games a lot" club than anyone except galzria. it also seems incredibly imbalanced to have this in addition to all the investigative roles.

sure, which is why I don't think that it should affect our avenue of scum hunting right now. It was merely something I had noticed and thought worth mentioning, mostly because if it does end up being accurate, I'll look like a genius for picking it up early. If it isn't an accurate assessment I'll look like a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 03, 2012, 07:10:52 pm »

sure, which is why I don't think that it should affect our avenue of scum hunting right now. It was merely something I had noticed and thought worth mentioning, mostly because if it does end up being accurate, I'll look like a genius for picking it up early. If it isn't an accurate assessment I'll look like a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

At the time this game was formed, and I got my PM, I had never been mafia.  So your theory is incorrect, as I'm not mafia.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 03, 2012, 10:20:19 pm »

At the time this game was formed, and I got my PM, I had never been mafia.  So your theory is incorrect, as I'm not mafia.

You're confusing the yuma conspiracy theory with the converse conspiracy theory. He's saying all mafia are new, not all new people are mafia. Latter would be imba for mafia.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 04, 2012, 12:38:16 am »

Both are imbalanced because it would be too easy to find scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 04, 2012, 09:36:20 am »

Both are imbalanced because it would be too easy to find scum.

And for now I don't think it should influence how we hunt scum, but if we get a few more positive correlations, I think that perhaps it should?

I'll be honest. If two or three more people who have never been scum before flip scum, while no players that have been scum flip that way... I'll be looking very hard in that direction. But until then, my crazy theory shouldn't influence how we hunt scum. It was just something I noticed and decided to post since this thread is dead over the weekend.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 04, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »

just realized cuzz is v/la so i acquit him for not answering my question - but, answer my question when you get back!

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 04, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

@ ehunt: why?

And while ehunt is fishing for approximately all of my PM, can someone remind me if he's among the group of probtowns for any reason, or is he just acting like it?

@ watno from a while back:

Third bit of info didn't seem informative enough to be worth sharing but maybe someone else can get more out of it than I did. It basically says that someone has a role related to a previous role they had in another game that they didn't get to make much use of because they died early in that game. It also said that this person was new-ish compared to most other players. It was either Eevee, cayvie, or ehunt.

Vote: YoungNick. As I said before I think I got his description, and it does mention cards. But there was maybe a sinister tone to it that is hard to describe without direct quoting, and I think he definitely could be scum.

Cayvie, didn't you say at some point that you had strong reason to believe YoungNick is town? Did you ever elaborate on that?

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: November 04, 2012, 02:23:08 pm »

Vote: YoungNick. As I said before I think I got his description, and it does mention cards. But there was maybe a sinister tone to it that is hard to describe without direct quoting, and I think he definitely could be scum.

Please explain to me how my description could be interpreted as sinister. In my opinion, it is almost a declaration of my town-ness.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 164  All

Page created in 1.919 seconds with 20 queries.