Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 315920 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 4
« Reply #3025 on: November 02, 2012, 01:33:16 pm »

And what exactly is that additional  contrary evidence you're waiting for? Another cop investigating O?
As explained above, I hardly see any danger O hits town if we tell him to target Young Nick, because one of those two most probably is scum. There is the danger of him being blocked, but I don't think we have had anyone being except by O himself, and we lynched a Mafia Joat already. So I think thats not exactly likely. We have also lynched an SK and a pseudo-SK-thingy, so someone being bulletproof is highly unlikely too.
Even if O is town, and mafia has a roleblock, there's no way O's kill will ever get through, since Mafia would know he's telling the truth.
So that would be enough for me to lynch O tomorrow if there's no extra kill tomorrow.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: November 02, 2012, 01:49:13 pm »

with a bit more consensus i'd be happy to.

CARD-CLAIM. How much more consensus do you need?

If we really think the best thing is for O to shoot tonight, then I think it might be time to make certain info public (to avoid a misfire). If the other people who have that info agree, please indicate that. If you disagree, don't respond to this comment at all.

I'm sorry I'm not on 24/7?

I'm still not sure why one of me/YN is scum. I found him scummy.. but I've been wrong before, and I see little compelling evidence.

My card is Harem.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: November 02, 2012, 01:58:02 pm »

Are you sure that's your card and not O1's card?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: November 02, 2012, 02:06:46 pm »

Yes, it's my card and not O1's card (who I can't reveal to you). made me do a double-take though.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: November 02, 2012, 02:52:38 pm »

Idea!

Give the wine to Young Nick, Young Nick gives it to eHunt, we confirm eHunt as town.

Mafia can kill to mess it up but I think it's a decent plan though.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: November 02, 2012, 02:53:10 pm »

Idea!

Give the wine to Young Nick, Young Nick gives it to eHunt, we confirm eHunt as town.

Mafia can kill to mess it up but I think it's a decent plan though.
I mean YN as town.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: November 02, 2012, 02:55:47 pm »

If we really think the best thing is for O to shoot tonight, then I think it might be time to make certain info public (to avoid a misfire). If the other people who have that info agree, please indicate that. If you disagree, don't respond to this comment at all.

I'm still not sure why one of me/YN is scum. I found him scummy.. but I've been wrong before, and I see little compelling evidence.

My card is Harem.

This...this is kind of confusing. This might sound crazy, but would people be willing to claim card costs?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: November 02, 2012, 03:21:18 pm »

My card is Harem.

This...this is kind of confusing. This might sound crazy, but would people be willing to claim card costs?
No.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: November 02, 2012, 03:22:04 pm »

I think we all agree that it's very likely that one of O and YN is scum. So if O is town and has a vigshot, it must be YN who's scum. So O should vig him. If it's the other way round and O is the scum of the two, then he probably doesn't have the vig-shot and even if he does, he wouldn't use it on who we tell him to, especially if that target is scum.
So, when telling O who to kill, our premise for choosing the target must be that he is town, so YN must be scum, so that's the obvious choice.
Also if YN checks if Os cardclaim is true, what does this get us if we believe one of them is scum anyway?

what is the basis behind "one of YN and O must be scum"?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: November 02, 2012, 03:51:39 pm »

My card is Harem.

No.

Do explain?

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: November 02, 2012, 04:03:04 pm »

Stop claiming! I figured some stuff out. Phone post- back in five minutes.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: November 02, 2012, 04:10:40 pm »

ok, i have a theory about the cards,part of which is speculative, part of which is almost surely correct.

i emphatically oppose any more claimage of any sort, except that I would like a full card claim from cuzz . I don't think this is that risky since he already has claimed some sort of power role. Does anyone disagree?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: November 02, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »

I've been prodded! Has it really been that long since I posted here? Oh well. Replacement is an empty threat, but getting myself modkilled seems like it wouldn't be nice for everyone else...

I have no idea who's scum between YN and O. I can't read O at all, but I'd be happy to hammer him because he's O if someone gets him to L-1 ;)

Vote: Young Nick because I looked at the last votecount and I think I trust some of the people on the YN wagon, so ima just sheep ehunt or something. I was sort of hoping to end up hammering someone, but I doubt I'll end up posting over the weekend and this day might get resolved before then with all this claiming going around

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: November 02, 2012, 04:47:42 pm »

I think Axxle's wine plan is cute, but it would take too long to get into action.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: November 02, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »

ok, i have a theory about the cards,part of which is speculative, part of which is almost surely correct.

i emphatically oppose any more claimage of any sort, except that I would like a full card claim from cuzz . I don't think this is that risky since he already has claimed some sort of power role. Does anyone disagree?

I can't fathom how this would do any more damage than the info I've given already.

Steward.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: November 02, 2012, 04:54:50 pm »

I think Axxle's wine plan is cute, but it would take too long to get into action.
It'll take what? Until tomorrow? Or has the wine been handed off already?

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: November 02, 2012, 04:56:39 pm »

Yeah but we wouldn't be able to confirm ehunt until D6. That's like Thanksgiving far away.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: November 02, 2012, 04:57:42 pm »

exactly. That means keeping YN alive two more days even though tons of folks think he's scummy.

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: November 02, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »

Why are we so sure that one of O and YN is scum? Just because people have been saying it so much that you believe it's true?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: November 02, 2012, 05:09:02 pm »

I think we all agree that it's very likely that one of O and YN is scum. So if O is town and has a vigshot, it must be YN who's scum. So O should vig him. If it's the other way round and O is the scum of the two, then he probably doesn't have the vig-shot and even if he does, he wouldn't use it on who we tell him to, especially if that target is scum.
So, when telling O who to kill, our premise for choosing the target must be that he is town, so YN must be scum, so that's the obvious choice.
Also if YN checks if Os cardclaim is true, what does this get us if we believe one of them is scum anyway?

what is the basis behind "one of YN and O must be scum"?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: November 02, 2012, 05:13:06 pm »

1. I am emphatically against mass card claiming in any form. If I participate in it, it will be because I am the only remaining player who is against it. Until then, No!

2. I don't think one of Young Nick or O is scum. I think Young Nick is scum. But combining them doesn't make any sense to me.

3. Softdeadline has come and gone. Do we need a new one or are we just going to dally on over into a no-lynch?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: November 02, 2012, 05:36:50 pm »

3. Softdeadline has come and gone. Do we need a new one or are we just going to dally on over into a no-lynch?

Lynching O for having the most votes at soft deadline not an option, eh?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: November 02, 2012, 05:38:37 pm »

Not with 3 votes it isn't...

So, uh, at midnight, O had 3 votes, Young Nick had 2, and Shraeye had 2.

Despite my preferences, I don't think that's enough of a consensus to count for our "pre-lynch deadline lynch deadline" or whatever.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: November 02, 2012, 05:40:03 pm »

You agree with me, then?

she/her

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: November 02, 2012, 05:44:33 pm »

You agree with me, then?

I agree that O should not be mass voted because he had the highest 3 votes on him at that point. However, I have a feeling that even if he did, or even if someone else did like Young Nick... that this town would not go in that direction.... Ugh... But whatever, I am back to vote: Young Nick
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 20 queries.