Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318233 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 4
« Reply #2900 on: November 01, 2012, 05:05:45 pm »

Man, I think mafia prefer to kill PRs, not VTs.  That's the "power" of the Innocent Child--they survive most of the game since we won't lynch them and they don't get NKed.  Say there are 10 living town that includes a doc, cop, JK, and ic.  Mafia want to kill the other PRs, and have a 1/9 chance because they can rule out the IC.  That's why I won't be NKed, it's a waste of a kill.  And if they do kill me, it's good for town, since I soak up the NK and PRs get another day.

Make sense yet?

not at all. Mafia absolutely shoot IC's. They can't have confirmed townies running around.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:28 pm »

The heck? That's a complete backpedal to what you said before, which was a complete backpedal to something you said earlier than that.  I thought you said you knew for sure that it was regarding ashersky after hinting that it could also apply to shraeye.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:47 pm »

The heck? That's a complete backpedal to what you said before, which was a complete backpedal to something you said earlier than that.  I thought you said you knew for sure that it was regarding ashersky after hinting that it could also apply to shraeye.
Above is directed toward Cuzz, obviously.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:52 pm »

Man, I think mafia prefer to kill PRs, not VTs.  That's the "power" of the Innocent Child--they survive most of the game since we won't lynch them and they don't get NKed.  Say there are 10 living town that includes a doc, cop, JK, and ic.  Mafia want to kill the other PRs, and have a 1/9 chance because they can rule out the IC.  That's why I won't be NKed, it's a waste of a kill.  And if they do kill me, it's good for town, since I soak up the NK and PRs get another day.

Make sense yet?

no
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: November 01, 2012, 05:08:08 pm »

oooh

linky me? im at work
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: November 01, 2012, 05:08:47 pm »

Make sense yet?

not at all. Mafia absolutely shoot IC's. They can't have confirmed townies running around.

Agreed. Confirmed townies are like the worst thing for mafia.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: November 01, 2012, 05:13:04 pm »

oooh

linky me? im at work
I'll try to find it.  I'm at work too, heh.

Unvote

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: November 01, 2012, 05:13:19 pm »

Make sense yet?

Vote: ashersky
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: November 01, 2012, 05:16:33 pm »

Hm, really?

I think ash is wrong, but I don't think that's a scumtell.

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 3
« Reply #2909 on: November 01, 2012, 05:18:46 pm »

Ok, so as for clarification, I now know which out of ashersky and shraeye the information I received applies to.

So to reiterate: I can confirm one of them as town, and have absolutely no information on the other. The other could be scum, VT or paranoid gun owner for all I know.

But maybe I'll leave off the key detail for now, until I get more feedback. Let me know if you think I should do this yet or wait.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: November 01, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »

Hm, really?

Yes, he is wrong and I think itll help us solve this Cuzz/Shraeye/Ash business.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: November 01, 2012, 05:22:23 pm »

Ok, so as for clarification, I now know which out of ashersky and shraeye the information I received applies to.

So to reiterate: I can confirm one of them as town, and have absolutely no information on the other. The other could be scum, VT or paranoid gun owner for all I know.

But maybe I'll leave off the key detail for now, until I get more feedback. Let me know if you think I should do this yet or wait.
As I recall, Cuzz came to believe his info only applied to ahsersky because he misunderstood a statement I had made about my description.  Since then I clarified that statement, and then got the thread locked.  Now I think Cuzz is realizing that he misunderstood me when I said "my description is really descriptive" or something to that point (he thought I meant that there was a lot of words and interesting bits in it, and I just meant that anyone who read is could instantly tell what I was).

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: November 01, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »

I don't think it's a complete backpedal. I'm trying to use language that does not imply more certainty than I have, which I regrettably did not do from the start. I'm also no longer trying to hide my role at all, which was the motivation for the sketchy way I first released the info. My most recent post is an accurate description of what happened. To fill in more detail, the reason I thought the description applied to ashersky was because shraeye made a comment like "my description is pretty descriptive." I interpreted that to imply "detailed and wordy" which did not apply to the description I'd read. Shraeye later countered that he actually meant "descriptive" to mean "
quite reflective of my role." Which maybe could apply. So who knows. Decide for yourself.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: November 01, 2012, 05:26:23 pm »

Hm, really?

How?

What will it tell us about Cuzz and Shraeye if we lynch Ash and he comes up scum?
What will it tell us about them if he comes up town?

The problem here is that it's eminently possible that all three are town. This is not a group with a guaranteed # of scum in it.

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: November 01, 2012, 05:30:23 pm »

Hm, really?

Tell me in what possible game mafia prefer to leave doc/cop/JK etc. alive over a VT?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: November 01, 2012, 05:34:46 pm »

IC != VT

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: November 01, 2012, 05:35:46 pm »

Hm, really?

Tell me in what possible game mafia prefer to leave doc/cop/JK etc. alive over a VT?

Your point only makes sense if there's claimed PRs, and even then, without counterclaim. Mafia can't have townies running around who everyone knows is town, otherwise the pool of townies around them that they can try to frame as mafia shrinks.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: November 01, 2012, 05:36:03 pm »

IC != VT

I thought the entire premise of IC was that they were a mod confirmed VT?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: November 01, 2012, 05:36:36 pm »

IC != VT

mod confirmation IS A POWER

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: November 01, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »

Hm, really?

Your point only makes sense if there's claimed PRs, and even then, without counterclaim. Mafia can't have townies running around who everyone knows is town, otherwise the pool of townies around them that they can try to frame as mafia shrinks.

You think this is a VT only game?  Look at my example again.  I was talking about narrowing the pool of townies to possible PRs.  It's like taking investigations into account without having to investigate someone.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: November 01, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »

IC != VT

Exactly. But when they are IC, no one has to guess whether they are trying to buddy-up or bus or anything like that. Their reads might suck, but they are genuine and they are pro-town. A VT has the same reads, we just can't trust them as much because we don't know they are town for sure.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: November 01, 2012, 05:40:54 pm »

IC != VT

mod confirmation IS A POWER

Passive, informative power with no night actions that can only vote.  How many IC cops have you played as?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: November 01, 2012, 05:43:21 pm »

This discussion is in no way helping us lynch scum.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: November 01, 2012, 05:46:04 pm »

Chickenvote: O.

Oops, wrong game.

Still voting for him, though.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 15 queries.